Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

uberwolf wrote: »
    foxrock church, an hour or two ago, heading south.

Probably me, was he on a Ridley, silver helmet, looking amazing?? Cuz without the amazing part it could have been anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

first sighting this morning

on Clanbrassil street at the junction of the South Circular.

Second from the right not counting emty, that would be me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

uberwolf wrote: »
    OH No I am on Bebo ... ( I am Not short I am just far far away ... )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

I saw a pair of boards shorts swerve to avoid a pothole on the Coast Road to Howth cycle path last Thursday evening (14th). Was in a group of three, seemed as though it almost came a cropper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 bruno_12345

sorry about this lads but i know that this has nothing o do with what ye are talking about but need some advice on duathlons. i'm thinking of competing in one as soon as i'm fit. 10k run 20k cycle & 5k run. never done on before & my running only average. anyone with a bit of advice. where do i start. thanks

Might be best posting a new thread. People will pretty much check this one out for boards jersey sightings. You will get more direct responses by starting a new thread. I know bugger all about duathlons, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Wheeee finally saw my first 'random' (i.e. not on a spin or event) jersey this morning at Kevin St/Camden St junction. Turned out to be Seamus!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I never see anyone. Is there anyone on the Northside (east)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

sorry about this lads but i know that this has nothing o do with what ye are talking about but need some advice on duathlons. i'm thinking of competing in one as soon as i'm fit. 10k run 20k cycle & 5k run. never done on before & my running only average. anyone with a bit of advice. where do i start. thanks
    Well first step is to get your boards jersey so you can be spotted in it. Seriously though, I would post on the Marathon/Triathlon board, particularly if your issue is mainly to do with the running. All very helpful people and indeed there is a thread over there already with a very similar focus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Spotted a Boardsie leaving East Point at about half five this evening. I beeped but was ignored.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I spotted my Racing Rival on his Specialized Langter chowing through traffic this evening near Smithfield. I was in a car and passed by and was then passed by. I had to resist getting out of the car and chasing after in an effort to overtake.

I shouted at my driver, "Hey ! A Boards.ie jersey, I know that guy, do three beeps." The driver refused. And then the driver managed to partially block the cycle lane when about to pull in. I cringed and cowered in the seat, hiding myself from view as the man from the union cycled past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Verb wrote: »
    I spotted my Racing Rival on his Specialized Langter chowing through traffic this evening near Smithfield. I was in a car and passed by and was then passed by. I had to resist getting out of the car and chasing after in an effort to overtake.

I shouted at my driver, "Hey ! A Boards.ie jersey, I know that guy, do three beeps." The driver refused. And then the driver managed to partially block the cycle lane when about to pull in. I cringed and cowered in the seat, hiding myself from view as the man from the union cycled past.

lol!!!

I don't remember anyone blocking the cycle lane; mind you, it's not unusual on that stretch.

I was on a particularly good roll through Smithfield yesterday, I have a clear recollection of making eye contact with a driver in his wing mirror who was waiting to change lanes (he yielded) and thinking to myself "that almost never happens!!"

I spotted you a few weeks ago on that hill that you used to beat me, I was walking and actually called you (imagine the looks I got for shouting the word 'verb!' randomly:D). You were 'in the zone' I reckon, never heard me.

Next time I expect you to jump out of the car and give it your best shot!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Heading down Clanbrasssil St just after 11 this morn. Sun morning spin I take it?

I was on the other side of the rd, heading towards town, 4k into my 13k run (I know, I should have been on a bike of some sort...)

Lookin' good lads (and lady:D) !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Thursday night in Temple Bar with a black singlespeed/fixed.. talking about Edinburgh!

Surely they would have recognised you ?
    fishhead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Spotted a boards jersey on Irishcycling webstite at the boot league inn Here 3rd picture down (cant post picture due to copyright)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Two sightings of two different people.
    1) A few weeks ago near McDonalds in Donaghmede.

2) Today on Georges Street while I was late-lunching in Yammamouri, I saw the banana-bike with it's owner in a Boards jersey. I must admit, I got a little excited by it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Raam wrote: »
    Two sightings of two different people.
    1) A few weeks ago near McDonalds in Donaghmede.

That could have been me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

christeb wrote: »
    Heading down Clanbrasssil St just after 11 this morn. Sun morning spin I take it?

I was on the other side of the rd, heading towards town, 4k into my 13k run (I know, I should have been on a bike of some sort...)

Me, niceonetom and caroline_ie it sounds like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Saw two boards jerseys today, about 13h00 or so. They were stopped beside Johnnie Fox's pub, having a chat. One with long hair tied at the back. I was passing through the crossroads on my way to Glencullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

christeb wrote: »

That was TinyExplosion, Niceonetom and Me... we did look cool I have to say. Just came back 10 minutes ago from that spin.

Raam wrote: »
    2) Today on Georges Street while I was late-lunching in Yammamouri, I saw the banana-bike with it's owner in a Boards jersey. I must admit, I got a little excited by it. :o

Seriously, we need to be keeping score of these. I'm thoroughly dominating at random sightings.

My constant circuits around the city center in search of fame are paying off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

fish-head wrote: »
    Thursday night in Temple Bar with a black singlespeed/fixed.. talking about Edinburgh!

Me! Twas my first outing in the training jacket, brilliant purchase i have to say.

"Fish-head: Taking eaves-dropping to a new level!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

doozerie wrote: »
    Saw two boards jerseys today, about 13h00 or so. They were stopped beside Johnnie Fox's pub, having a chat. One with long hair tied at the back. I was passing through the crossroads on my way to Glencullen.

Niceonetom, and me again! (caroline_ie not far behind!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Spotted a boards jersey on Irishcycling webstite at the boot league inn Here 3rd picture down (cant post picture due to copyright)

eek! that's me. struggling in that one :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Verb wrote: »
    Surely they would have recognised you ?
    fishhead.jpg

Hahaha.. where on earth did you find that?!
    Snapper1 wrote:
    Me! Twas my first outing in the training jacket, brilliant purchase i have to say.

"Fish-head: Taking eaves-dropping to a new level!"

Fish have a wonderful sense of hearing. The jacket looked cool.. so did the bike, what it it?

fish-head wrote: »
    Hahaha.. where on earth did you find that?!

Let's face it. The odds of not being able to find something like that on the Internet are slim !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Fish have a wonderful sense of hearing. The jacket looked cool.. so did the bike, what it it?

That was my pimped-out* Langster, lovely nippy bike.

"pimped-out" meaning covered in insulation tape plus a few other changes

Advertisement