Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

neutered dog

• 24-04-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭

Our dog was castrated on Friday, he wasn't too bad yesterday couldn't really walk, he is worse today, he is crawling around, he finds it hard to lift his back legs, is this normal, how long will this last

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

No, that is not normal at all, I know its Easter Sunday, but I would phone the vet that carried out the operation, they must have an emergency number.

I have two dogs here that were neutered on Wednesday, and you wouldn't know it, they are full of life and walking completely normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We rang the vet there, she says he should have got anti inflamatorys but we were given none, she says we can call in around 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

wait until 7?? why so late.. I'd have some serious words with them when you do call down!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

garkane wrote: »
    wait until 7?? why so late.. I'd have some serious words with them when you do call down!

She will be in the clinic then, he is not in pain though while he is sitting just when he stands, it's not our vet on call, it's another clinic they must share the emgerency hours, it's like something is sticking into him when he lifts his back legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

niallo27 wrote: »
    She will be in the clinic then, he is not in pain though while he is sitting just when he stands, it's not our vet on call, it's another clinic they must share the emgerency hours, it's like something is sticking into him when he lifts his back legs

At least you can take him in and get him looked at, but I have had many, many dogs neutered and never had any in pain like that. Best of luck, I hope the vet manages to sort him out so that he is painfree.

• Advertisement
Advertisement