Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And back to dear old dirty Dublin after my long weekend. Totally not in the mood for going back to work tomorrow!

26C forecast in London tomorrow. I picked the wrong day to come home :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AidanadiA

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Same! I don't get why you can't just 'like' Dr Who, you have to be OBSESSED with it. I don't think it's particularly outstanding or anything.
    QUOTE]

I would say I am obsessed with Dr Who, but I have been since I was able to watch tv... I am also one of those weirdos that love star trek and star wars (and know the difference).

Dr Who is like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it, its not one of those things that you can just watch every now and again. If you do like it then you will be effected by the story line, get really involved with the charaters and totally understand the plot. When that happens wheather its dr who or a different show/book/film/sport you get hooked...you cant help it. Thats just what happens to Whovians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I've spent a large proportion of my first post-exam night listening to sea-shanties on YouTube.

I never realised what a thoroughly enjoyable activity this would be.

I must do this more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I've spent a large proportion of my first post-exam night listening to sea-shanties on YouTube.

I never realised what a thoroughly enjoyable activity this would be.

I must do this more often.

:D You're wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just noticed on my form from the weight loss clinic I'm 161cm tall which means I'm 5'3 rather than 5'4 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Albection wrote: »
    :D You're wonderful.
    Arr, many a thank. :D

I find you similarly wonderful and think we should start a swashbuckling team.

I remain uncertain as to what swashbuckling actually is, but am willing to find out.

Arr.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just noticed on my form from the weight loss clinic I'm 161cm tall which means I'm 5'3 rather than 5'4 :(
    Maybe you just have bad posture but are really 5 foot 4 if you straighten up. :) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Looking at various delicious recipes so I can plan meals for the week and am getting recipes for things I can't have if I want to get rid of my stomach, such as pasta and steak sandwiches. :(

I'm here drooling over steak, chips, mushrooms and pepper sauce :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Sometimes I'm six foot but I measured myself in the hospital last week and apparently I'm actually between six foot and half an inch and 6ft 1 :eek::(

Looking at various delicious recipes so I can plan meals for the week and am getting recipes for things I can't have if I want to get rid of my stomach, such as pasta and steak sandwiches. :(

I'm here drooling over steak, chips, mushrooms and pepper sauce :(
    What can't you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Measure yourself first thing in the morning and then again late in the evening and there should be a difference. :)

Posy wrote: »
    What can't you have?
    Breads and pasta, chips etc.

It's just they bloat me out, it surprising how much bread and pasta I used to eat.

I could eat pasta dishes every day, I used to have them 2-4 times a week, so I've cut them out to help me lose the weight on my stomach and I've had pasta once (last week) and am mad for more.

Pasta, tomato and chorizo, one of my fave dishes, it's so delicious and comforting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

i love sitting up late writing disgruntled letters.

#needsalife.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

It's just they bloat me out, it surprising how much bread and pasta I used to eat.

I could eat pasta dishes every day, I used to have them 2-4 times a week, so I've cut them out to help me lose the weight on my stomach and I've had pasta once (last week) and am mad for more.

Pasta, tomato and chorizo, one of my fave dishes, it's so delicious and comforting.

You could use the wholegrain pasta, much less bloating and much lower in calories too!

• Administrators Posts: 53,358 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Avox wrote: »
    You could use the wholegrain pasta, much less bloating and much lower in calories too!
    Really? Never knew that, I'll get some this week :D

*happy dance* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

awec wrote: »
    Really?!

You shrink during the day due to gravity.

Its surprising, isnt it? I never paid a lot of attention to carbs bloating me out, but Ive kind of gone off them a bit, and last week, when I ate pasta, my god, i seriously thought I was going to give birth to a litter of pups.

Im giving up butter. Next it will be bread. Funny thing is, I never ate bread all that much until I was told not to. Then I ate all the bread.
    Also need to start drinking milk. I eat my porridge with no milk, cereal with no milk, because I cannot bear the sight of it. Need moar calcium! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Really? Never knew that, I'll get some this week :D

*happy dance* :D

Yup! :) Wholegrain rice is very handy too, and apparently it's good for you too! My brother's a vegan so I've picked up *some* good eating habits from him, not a lot though! :P

Polloloca wrote: »
    Its surprising, isnt it? I never paid a lot of attention to carbs bloating me out, but Ive kind of gone off them a bit, and last week, when I ate pasta, my god, i seriously thought I was going to give birth to a litter of pups.

Im giving up butter. Next it will be bread. Funny thing is, I never ate bread all that much until I was told not to. Then I ate all the bread.
    Also need to start drinking milk. I eat my porridge with no milk, cereal with no milk, because I cannot bear the sight of it. Need moar calcium! :(
    Yeah it is surprising, two weeks ago I could eat 2-3 sandwiches a day and generous portions, now I can only have a few mouthfuls before getting full.

Last week I made a pork dish with rice, ate a quarter of it and couldn't eat any more, I was so full after it. I find rice very filling though.

I haven't had bread for about two weeks and my stomach has gone down a little bit, I need to get back into my exercising though, I've neglected it the past few days.

Keeping "I'll do it later" then later comes and it's "ah I'll do it tomorrow" then tomorrow comes and it's the same thing.

I've a Christening coming up and would like to get most of the weight off, even if I still had a little bit I wouldn't mind, but I'd like to get a good bit off.

My boyfriends birthday is at the end of June and by then I'd like to have it all gone can't see it happening, but it's something to aim towards.

I don't use much milk either, only in tea/latte/mocha/cereal. I don't eat porridge, but am going to start this week. Will have some berries/fruit with it to give it some life. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    Really?!

Yep, due to decrease in intervertebral disc height.

Larianne wrote: »
    Yep, due to decrease in intervertebral disc height.
    I remember reading that before- it's like the weight of your head compresses your vertebrae throughout the day (I'm shriiinking!) but when you lie down you straighten out.
    Stupid big heavy head. :pac:

I don't use much milk either, only in tea/latte/mocha/cereal. I don't eat porridge, but am going to start this week. Will have some berries/fruit with it to give it some life. :o
    My fear of milk has put me off drinking coffee/tea or putting it on my cereal. Porridge is amazing. Its my new favourite dinner. Partly because I can't cook and burnt porridge is easy to get off the pot. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Ok, bed time. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Are you all in the leaba???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Are you all in the leaba???

Not me! I can't sleep :(

Eating a bowl of Shreddies, my new favorite cereal :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Me either. Just watched a film. Trying to force myself asleep now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'm going to try gets an hours sleep before getting up to work.

Wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Last exam is today! \0/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Went for yummy scrummy dinner last night with a girl I met on Friday at the mosque and some of her friends. So good to have fun with some like-minded people :) Met a really nice girl from Egypt who just got married a few months ago!
    A Hindu girl who was with us was able to recommend the yummiest Indian food I've ever had!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement