Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 14 Report

• 31-03-2012 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Packers 27-0 Panthers

With the Packers Ray Riceless for this game, the last thing they wanted to see was snow in Lambeau! However, that didn't stop Jake Locker as he went 24/42 for 432 yards and 1 TD and 1INT. I really should have recorded the pick, it was ridiculous. I was on the Panthers 20 yard line, seen my TE open in the end zone, threw it straight at him, and the FS off the Panthers morphed directly threw my TE to pick it off. Still baffled by it :confused:

Onwards and upwards! Another win and the division is clinched.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Steelers Ttans win the toss and elect to kick.

Jags get themselves a FG
    Then on the Titans first possession Best fumbles (been doing that a lot lately:mad:) Titans make a goal line stand and push the Steelers back a few yards but they manage to get the TD

0-10 Steelers in the first.

Titans next possesion is going well until midfield and they hit Bush on a route who holds the ball for a few seconds and then drops it forcing the Titans to punt

Titans D starts to work forcing a 2 big sacks and a fumble leaving the Steelers on 4th and 27.

Titans get a FG, Best is struggling to get much from the Steelers today just over 2 in the half.

Steelers move up the field but throw a pick to Andre Goodman.

Titans move it well, but force a pass to send Best into the end zone and it gets picked off.

Titans D steps up again and forced a punt with 45 seconds in the half.
    Titans again get towards the end zone with 15 seconds left.. throw a pass to Finley but the CB steps up with a pick

Steelers send it deep into about7 players... some how a WR comes away with it and takes it to the end end zone

3-17 Steelers

Titans get the ball and make good progress but have to settle for a FG

6-17 Steelers

Titans force the Steelers to punt.

Titans struggling big time and go for it on 4th and 10 at midfield... they dont get it.

Titans D makes a big sack and forces a punt.

Titans make good progress hit Best for a 40 yard pass.. then it gets caleld back for holding :(

Titans are 4th and 1 on the Steelers 2 yard line.. time for a FB run...
    They dont get it,

Titans get a break and the Steeles throw a pick to Willis ont he 15 yard line.
    Titans are trying to force it and end up having to take a FG leaving them needing a TD and 2 point conversion to tie the game!
    4:14 left
    9-17 Steelers

Big Baby Shaun Rogers gets his 3rd sack of the game
    Then the Titans D blows coverage on 3rd and 17 to allow a fupping run for the 1st down.

Titans D stops the Steelers but burns all of their TOs.

Just over a minute left Titans get the ball on their 26 yard line.
    McNabb gets sacked.. then hits Best to leave the Titans at the 25 yard line.. time is running out! Titans aim for best.. it looks like he's going to take it in for a TD but a CB flies across and bats it down.

Titans 9 - 17 Steelers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Titans @ Steelers Ttans win the toss and elect to kick.

Jags get themselves a FG
    Then on the Titans first possession Best fumbles (been doing that a lot lately:mad:) Titans make a goal line stand and push the Steelers back a few yards but they manage to get the TD

0-10 Steelers in the first.

Titans next possesion is going well until midfield and they hit Bush on a route who holds the ball for a few seconds and then drops it forcing the Titans to punt

Titans D starts to work forcing a 2 big sacks and a fumble leaving the Steelers on 4th and 27.

Titans get a FG, Best is struggling to get much from the Steelers today just over 2 in the half.

Steelers move up the field but throw a pick to Andre Goodman.

Titans move it well, but force a pass to send Best into the end zone and it gets picked off.

Titans D steps up again and forced a punt with 45 seconds in the half.
    Titans again get towards the end zone with 15 seconds left.. throw a pass to Finley but the CB steps up with a pick

Steelers send it deep into about7 players... some how a WR comes away with it and takes it to the end end zone

3-17 Steelers

Titans get the ball and make good progress but have to settle for a FG

6-17 Steelers

Titans force the Steelers to punt.

Titans struggling big time and go for it on 4th and 10 at midfield... they dont get it.

Titans D makes a big sack and forces a punt.

Titans make good progress hit Best for a 40 yard pass.. then it gets caleld back for holding :(

Titans are 4th and 1 on the Steelers 2 yard line.. time for a FB run...
    They dont get it,

Titans get a break and the Steeles throw a pick to Willis ont he 15 yard line.
    Titans are trying to force it and end up having to take a FG leaving them needing a TD and 2 point conversion to tie the game!
    4:14 left
    9-17 Steelers

Big Baby Shaun Rogers gets his 3rd sack of the game
    Then the Titans D blows coverage on 3rd and 17 to allow a fupping run for the 1st down.

Titans D stops the Steelers but burns all of their TOs.

Just over a minute left Titans get the ball on their 26 yard line.
    McNabb gets sacked.. then hits Best to leave the Titans at the 25 yard line.. time is running out! Titans aim for best.. it looks like he's going to take it in for a TD but a CB flies across and bats it down.

Titans 9 - 17 Steelers :eek:

Upset of the season??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

madalig12 wrote: »
    Upset of the season??

Maybe.. my own fault... i'm feeling fairly ropey and as soon as i started playing i wanted to go back to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Colts (11-2) take a step towards securing the AFC South and the #2 overall seed with a win after the Titan's (8-5) surprise loss in Pittsburgh. A single win for the Colts or loss for the Titans over the last 3 weeks will seal it. The Colts have now won 11 in a row after starting off the season with defeats to the Titans and Ravens.

Darren McFadden sat this game out with an injury that the coach knew nothing about before kick off! He'll miss one more game before returning.

This was a fairly poor performance from the Colts with a flattering scoreline due to a TD with 2 seconds left on the clock (against a human I would have been kneeling). The Colts hold the Saints rushing game to 25 yards but their normal defensive strength (passing) wasn't so hot allowing 241 yards from Mark Sanchez thanks to several miracle catches.

Taiwan Jones stood in for McFadden gaining 94 yards and 2 TDs on 28 touches. The Colts 3rd RB, Deji Karim, had 23 yards and a TD on only 3 touches. Vernon Davis had another great day pulling in 176 yards on 7 receptions.

Rivers threw 2 INTs including a pick 6 deep into Saints territory that left the Saints a single score from taking the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Cowboys win against the 49ers by a score of 34-10.

Amid rumours of a trade, Manning and Bradshaw turn on the style and send a message to the HC.

Quarter 1:

Dallas win the toss and choose to defer. The 49ers progress nicely up the field with a big throw to Kenny Britt the highlight, before being stopped a yard short of the 1st down and end up kicking a 42 yard FG through Tynes to take a 3-0 lead.

Dallas begin the drive on their own 20 and on the first play Bradshaw cuts through up the gut to take it to the house on a 80 yard TD run. 7-3 Dallas.

Quarter 2:

Henery tags on a FG after a Scmitt run for a TD a yard out is brought back for a hold. 10-3 Dallas.

The 49ers are getting a grip on the Dallas defense and marching up the field before Cassel throws a costly pick. The Cowboys end their drive with a 40 yard FG from Henery. 13-3 Dallas.

Time is winding down in the half and the 49ers make good use of their timeouts to score a lovely TD with Cassel hitting Britt on the move who takes it to the house for a 40 yard TD. 13-10 Dallas at the half.

Quarter 3:

Dallas receive and move the ball nicely down the field taking a lot of time off the clock, mixing it up with some nice strikes from Manning and runs from Bradshaw. In the red zone Manning hits Larry Fitz on a curl route who is stopped just outside the end zone. Eventually Schmitt gets in on a FB for a 1 yard TD with 2 minutes left in the quarter. 20-10 Dallas.

The 49ers go into their 2 minute drill but Cassel throws another pick and that's the end of the quarter.

Quarter 4:

Dallas are moving the chains nicely with a couple of 3rd down strikes from Manning to Gibson and Johnson. The drive ends with a Bradshaw run up the gut from 4 yards for a TD. 27-10 Dallas.

The 49ers need to over-commit now to get back into this and the drive ends suddenly with Cassell throwing a pick to the Dallas SS.

Dallas play the clock now and whilst Bradshaw is resting on the sidelines Tolbert carries over from a yard just after the 2 minute warning.

The 49ers go 4 and out and that's all see wrote in Dallas!

MVP: Melvin Bullitt who really was as quick as a bullet in getting to the ball. 3 INT's.

Thanks for the game Adrian and all the best for the rest of the season.

The Cowboys go 9-4 and stay at the top of the NFC East. The 49ers go 9-4 also, and stay second in the NFC West.

Games left for the Cowboys are the CPU Patriots, before a massive game with Rizzo's Eagles and newcomer Swanky Tortoises Redskins.

The 49ers take on the CPU Seahawks, Ali G's Rams and ET's Giants.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just one of those days where nothing would go right, couldn't run the ball, threw loads of picks and coudln't stop cowboys on 3rd down.

Cassell was infuriating throwing to the defender when the receiver is open.

Cowboys had great Defense and well deserved the win.

Looking to win 2 of my last 3 to go to the postseason...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raiders Broncos match report:
    The Broncos receive the ball and spend 5 minutes going down the field and score with a 1 yard pass to the fullback.
    The Raiders receive the kick, get a first down and have to punt. The Broncos throw an interception to Rashean Mathis, who really should've taken it all the way but Johnson got him down before he started. On 4th and goal the Raiders went up the middle for a MJD TD. 7-7 with 2 minutes to go in the half. The Broncos return the kickoff all the way, 105 yards for a TD. Soon after MJD breaks off a 71 yard draw play for a TD. 14-14. With around 30 seconds left the Broncos get into field goal range before throwing a 30 yard TD to Cody Hoppes, who despite being double-covered didn't have to jump as neither defender seemed to care. 21-14 to the Broncos at halftime.

2nd half:
    The Raiders receive the ball, and go with the FB on 4th and inches at the Broncos 44 and MJD takes a draw 43 yards on the next play. 21-21.
    Again the Broncos work it down the field and Moeaki catches a TD pass. 28-21 Broncos. On the next drive the Raiders can do nothing and have to punt, giving the Broncos a chance to put this one away. They fail to put the game away and have to punt (I couldn't believe my eyes when the Raiders made a 3rd down stop). The Raiders get to the Broncos 46 and once again MJD takes it all the way on the draw. 28-28. The Broncos get to the Raiders 30 and on 3rd down Jones connects with Hoppes with 1 and a half minutes remaining, the Raiders only have one timeout and Hoppes walks in to the endzone unopposed. 35-28. The Raiders get some passes, go to the Broncos 40 with 30 seconds left but Schaub throws a pick into double coverage. Game over. Well played Broncos, division champs, and advantage Bills in the wildcard race.

MVP: MJD: 29 attempts, 280 yards and 4 touchdowns
    Chandler Jones: 17-26-232-4-1
    Hoppes: 10-181-2

Outlook: The Bills should take the lead in the wildcard race, but we've both got 3 difficult games coming up. The Raiders will need to learn how to defend, because this wasn't the first time it was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

This was a good game!! I thought I had finally stopped the run as Mojo only had 30 yards or so after his first 7 rushes.....:cool:..... He then got another 250 in the rest of the game!! :eek: (there is no stopping mojo, just slowing him down!)

It is gonna get tight for playoff spots now and I will be the 3rd seed (looks pretty likely) and will be the opposition for the 6th seeded Raiders, Bills or JAGS!! :D

matthew8 wrote: »
    Raiders Broncos match report:
    The Broncos receive the ball and spend 5 minutes going down the field and score with a 1 yard pass to the fullback.
    The Raiders receive the kick, get a first down and have to punt. The Broncos throw an interception to Rashean Mathis, who really should've taken it all the way but Johnson got him down before he started. On 4th and goal the Raiders went up the middle for a MJD TD. 7-7 with 2 minutes to go in the half. The Broncos return the kickoff all the way, 105 yards for a TD. Soon after MJD breaks off a 71 yard draw play for a TD. 14-14. With around 30 seconds left the Broncos get into field goal range before throwing a 30 yard TD to Cody Hoppes, who despite being double-covered didn't have to jump as neither defender seemed to care. 21-14 to the Broncos at halftime.

2nd half:
    The Raiders receive the ball, and go with the FB on 4th and inches at the Broncos 44 and MJD takes a draw 43 yards on the next play. 21-21.
    Again the Broncos work it down the field and Moeaki catches a TD pass. 28-21 Broncos. On the next drive the Raiders can do nothing and have to punt, giving the Broncos a chance to put this one away. They fail to put the game away and have to punt (I couldn't believe my eyes when the Raiders made a 3rd down stop). The Raiders get to the Broncos 46 and once again MJD takes it all the way on the draw. 28-28. The Broncos get to the Raiders 30 and on 3rd down Jones connects with Hoppes with 1 and a half minutes remaining, the Raiders only have one timeout and Hoppes walks in to the endzone unopposed. 35-28. The Raiders get some passes, go to the Broncos 40 with 30 seconds left but Schaub throws a pick into double coverage. Game over. Well played Broncos, division champs, and advantage Bills in the wildcard race.

MVP: MJD: 29 attempts, 280 yards and 4 touchdowns
    Chandler Jones: 17-26-232-4-1
    Hoppes: 10-181-2

Outlook: The Bills should take the lead in the wildcard race, but we've both got 3 difficult games coming up. The Raiders will need to learn how to defend, because this wasn't the first time it was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The difference was I started using the draw a whole lot more, and whatever you were doing on defense couldn't stop the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭nerd69

redskins 38-0 seahawks

first win under my belt thank god starting to knock some of the rust off:D

my defense destroyed poor matt stafford with 7 sacks a forced fumble and an interception

brandon jacobs was having a big game going in for 2 tds but then he got injured (torn meniscus) so hes gone for the year but chester taylors extra big of pace helped me big time he rushed for 80 yards and 2 tds

kevin kolb threw for 205 yards and 2 tds but 1 interception

all in all the Seahawks didn't put up much its nice to get a win even if its against a cpu have a bit to go yet to to get up to the standard of the players around the league but im getting there.

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    redskins 38-0 seahawks

first win under my belt thank god starting to knock some of the rust off:D

all in all the Seahawks didn't put up much its nice to get a win even if its against a cpu have a bit to go yet to to get up to the standard of the players around the league but im getting there.

Fair play mate, that's a good win.

The Seahawks are arguably the best CPU team in the franchise and have beaten some very good players over the course of the season. I struggled against them for the whole game and won through a last second FG if I remember correctly. Putting up 38 points without reply against them lays down a marker.

I play you in the last game of the season so that should be a good game, looking forward to it!

Paully D wrote: »
    Fair play mate, that's a good win.

The Seahawks are arguably the best CPU team in the franchise and have beaten some very good players over the course of the season. I struggled against them for the whole game and won through a last second FG if I remember correctly. Putting up 38 points without reply against them lays down a marker.

I play you in the last game of the season so that should be a good game, looking forward to it!
    cheers mate it would be nice to put it up to you.
    theres a few areas of my team i want to fix during the offseason but i think im getting used to the tempo again the big test is the rams this week

speaking of which what kind of quality do you generally see in the draft and free agency or is it just down to luck

cheers mate it would be nice to put it up to you.
    theres a few areas of my team i want to fix during the offseason but i think im getting used to the tempo again the big test is the rams this week

mwah hahaha you are a funny boy!

mwah hahaha you are a funny boy!

could be a fun match we both a 4 wins but iv not beaten a human player yet so itl be a nice test could go either way like

could be a fun match we both a 4 wins but iv not beaten a human player yet so itl be a nice test could go either way like
    Watch out if i'm in all Gold....unbeaten in it!!!:D

Watch out if i'm in all Gold....unbeaten in it!!!:D

ahhhh crud dont be at me with your mind games :D

speaking of which what kind of quality do you generally see in the draft and free agency or is it just down to luck

To be honest, I haven't got a clue. This is my first season too I joined in week 2. I'm sure one of the lads will answer when they see this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You'll get starters in the first two rounds generally

Rest is depth at best or at worst scrubs who won't even make your team

Don't expect any more then two very good players, that's all you realistically hope for

You fleece your trading partners for the rest :cool:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You'll get starters in the first two rounds generally

Rest is depth at best or at worst scrubs who won't even make your team

Don't expect any more then two very good players, that's all you realistically hope for

You fleece your trading partners for the rest :cool:

hehe i only have one or 2 dire needs anyway i can make do with the rest

• Advertisement

Still raging I didn't get Cox, think it was in the second rnd, he's doing well too (Patriots). I had 3rd pick and picked Joplin at MLB he's like 85 and starts so you should get an excellent player if you are near the start of the draft anyway.

sweet il be top 10 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Bill's stumble out of New England with a 14-10 win, Orton was Jekyll and Hyde today. Pushing his team up the field in a 2 min drill with Foster finishing it off. He throws a pick in the second half and he goes to crap.

I'm starting to get very frustrated with this Bills team. I need a intervention on offense. I just seem to force to many passes thinking im Peyton Manning.

Bill go 7-6 and have the head to head over the Raiders. The Chargers are a dark horse. They may be 5-7 but they play the raiders and the bills in the next 2 weeks. Two wins and there in with a sniff.

The Raiders are more than likely done and dusted. Games against the Packers and the Bears look to be a step to far for mojo to do his magic.

In the BFL I've never not made the play offs... Cant break a habit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

The Bill's stumble out of New England with a 14-10 win, Orton was Jekyll and Hyde today. Pushing his team up the field in a 2 min drill with Foster finishing it off. He throws a pick in the second half and he goes to crap.

I'm starting to get very frustrated with this Bills team. I need a intervention on offense. I just seem to force to many passes thinking im Peyton Manning.

Bill go 7-6 and have the head to head over the Raiders. The Chargers are a dark horse. They may be 5-7 but they play the raiders and the bills in the next 2 weeks. Two wins and there in with a sniff.

The Raiders are more than likely done and dusted. Games against the Packers and the Bears look to be a step to far for mojo to do his magic.

In the BFL I've never not made the play offs... Cant break a habit

My own hunt for the playoff:
    I have three games left. Against the Giants, Packers and Bears in that order. I need to win every single one of them or else my season is over.

I also need the Bears to lose against any of the following:
    Vikings, Raiders (Amsosis, I'm counting on you), or Redskins.

I need the Eagles to lose against any of these:
    Cardinals (unfortunately Shane isn't about for this), Jets (Berty), Cowboys (Largetacofries), or the Seahawks.

I think it is highly unlikely that the 49ers will give up their wildcard position, they really just need 1 more win to more or less guarantee that spot. So all in all its not plain sailing for the Bears, they face some tough challenges but I feel that once I lose a game, then they have that wildcard spot. Unfortunately for the Eagles, I can't see them challenging as they have two very tough games against the Jets and the Cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons beat the Buccaneers 17 - 14.

Was going well till the 3rd quarter when i had a drive all the way to the 1 yard line then was intercepted for 97 yards, but was able to hold on.

Falcons go 6-7 while the Buccs go 7-6

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Falcons beat the Buccaneers 17 - 14.

Was going well till the 3rd quarter when i had a drive all the way to the 1 yard line then was intercepted for 97 yards, but was able to hold on.

Falcons go 6-7 while the Buccs go 7-6

Well done, big win there for you. The Buccs have a very tough game next against the Packers and you've got 3 games versus the CPU to finish. This division should go to week 17 and you've got the tie breaker over the Buccs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

McG wrote: »
    Well done, big win there for you. The Buccs have a very tough game next against the Packers and you've got 3 games versus the CPU to finish. This division should go to week 17 and you've got the tie breaker over the Buccs.

Buccs are CPU team now so Falcons shouldn't really have any problems winning the division.

Raoul wrote: »
    Buccs are CPU team now so Falcons shouldn't really have any problems winning the division.

you can never count out the CPU.... ask the Titans.

McG wrote: »
    you can never count out the CPU.... ask the Titans.

tell me about it and they beat me last year too!
    Bogey team :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Beat the Jags, no way in hell am I letting them take a wildcard place!

Advertisement