Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fix a broken Laptop

• 29-05-2014 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have a Dell laptop which is broken since the 10th of May 2014. I bought it outside Ireland (Belarus) in 2011. Do you know any place where I can handle this laptop, they will check it and fix if it is possible at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

simoon86 wrote: »
    I have a Dell laptop which is broken since the 10th of May 2014. I bought it outside Ireland (Belarus) in 2011. Do you know any place where I can handle this laptop, they will check it and fix if it is possible at all.

Every city/town has computer repair shops. Some more reputable than others. What are the symptoms with the laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What part of the country are you living in? There's PC repair shops everywhere these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭simoon86

I live close to Dublin, in Maynooth. I can easily visit Dublin if you have a shop to recommend.

I dont know if they are any good but:

http://www.fixmypc.ie/contact-us.php

They have offices in Maynooth and Dublin according to their website. Address; Leinster House, Main Street, Maynooth Co. Kildare. Tel: 01 503 0441

FixMyPC is served by Pakistani/Indians and their services/products are 35% more expensive than alternatives, so can not neither use nor recommend them.

• Advertisement

FixMyPC is served by Pakistani/Indians and their services/products are 35% more expensive than alternatives, so can not neither use nor recommend them.

Not sure their ethnicity needs to be highlighted?

Pretty badly worded, if you have an alternative then why dont you suggest it. I dont live in either Dublin or Maynooth, I found this on Google as the first search result.

On second reading you have gone from looking for anywhere to look at your laptop in your OP, to providing a percentage breakdown on fees offered by a particular company in relation to 'alternatives'. Why don't you use these alternatives then?

mordeith wrote: »
    On second reading you have gone from looking for anywhere to look at your laptop in your OP, to providing a percentage breakdown on fees offered by a particular company in relation to 'alternatives'. Why don't you use these alternatives then?

I didnt realise that was the OP that posted that, thats even worse. Dunno why I wasted my time at all!

I just described the personnel and wanted to highlight that they are not Irish. You are too much thinking of racism guys, relax.

• Advertisement

I just described the personnel and wanted to highlight that they are not Irish.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 martindoran

i fix computers , whats the issue , if its something simple i can tell you what you need to do

Advertisement