Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nexus 9 - 16GB & 32GB - €279

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Anyone know what number i could ring to query this, never had to deal with argos customer care before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

rogercross wrote: »
    Anyone know what number i could ring to query this, never had to deal with argos customer care before.
    (01) 216 1616 seems to be the number to ring, let us know how ya get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

rogercross wrote: »

Why didn't you just go to argos's website instead of asking random people over the internet (who won't know it off the top of their head)?

:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

jonny_b wrote:
    Just got the your reservation is ready to collect text. What to do..... 32gb white

When did you order and where from?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Niemoj wrote: »
    (01) 216 1616 seems to be the number to ring, let us know how ya get on?

Cheers, unfortunately none of the irish numbers seemed to be of any use as they're all for home delivery things.

Who knows maybe ill get a text in a few days anyway saying its ready for collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I think I'll bow out of getting this from the Carlow store. It's a want rather than a need. The money would be better saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psawyer

Do ye think if I brought back the 16g they'd do an exchange for me? I have the 32g reserved for 279....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

psawyer wrote: »
    Do ye think if I brought back the 16g they'd do an exchange for me? I have the 32g reserved for 279....
    Not a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

jonny_b wrote: »
    I think I'll bow out of getting this from the Carlow store. It's a want rather than a need. The money would be better saved.

Fancy passing on the reservation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Just got the your reservation is ready to collect text. What to do..... 32gb white

Anyone else get their reservation yet?

• Advertisement

skeg16 wrote: »
    Fancy passing on the reservation?

Ended up getting it I gave into temptation. Light bleed is practically zero. I would not notice it only it has been said here and to be honest I really have to look for it with the light up full in a dark space.

The buttons are grand to use. No issues with them.

Now I only need to get used to android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

So is it a recommend? I'm blaming you if it's a dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Interesting read for anyone trying to decide http://m.androidcentral.com/nexus-9-three-months

So is it a recommend? I'm blaming you if it's a dud.

I have to admit i like it a lot. That's coming from an iOS user. I hate android on mobile its not for me, but for a tablet it does the job I want it to do.

Ended up getting it I gave into temptation. Light bleed is practically zero. I would not notice it only it has been said here and to be honest I really have to look for it with the light up full in a dark space.

The buttons are grand to use. No issues with them.

Now I only need to get used to android.

Jonny, are your buttons like the ones on the top or bottom in the image below?

nexus2cee_AGCXsZf_thumb.jpg

Jonny, are your buttons like the ones on the top or bottom in the image below?

nexus2cee_AGCXsZf_thumb.jpg

The bottom

The bottom

Thanks. Im probably looking for an excuse not to buy it, but will probably end up getting it. It won't be in until monday though! Your lucky to have yours so early.

Thanks. Im probably looking for an excuse not to buy it, but will probably end up getting it. It won't be in until monday though! Your lucky to have yours so early.

How do you know it won't be in until Monday, don't believe the Argos site as it's not usually reliable for delivery dates...

Price was €419 at the till even with the reservation code so make sure you have the email with the price and collection dates to show them otherwise you won't get it.

BigCon wrote: »
    How do you know it won't be in until Monday, don't believe the Argos site as it's not usually reliable for delivery dates...

They were on time for 4 previous items I ordered.

• Advertisement

They were on time for 4 previous items I ordered.

Mine was a day early

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Collecting mine tomorrow. 32gb white version. Hopefully smooth sailing! Email w reservation code ready! ðŸ‘

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Collecting mine tomorrow. 32gb white version. Hopefully smooth sailing! Email w reservation code ready! ðŸ‘

Let us know if it works out ok...

BigCon wrote: »
    Let us know if it works out ok...

It will work out grand once you have the email to hand with the price. The woman couldn't believe the price difference she said I was lucky to reserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Got my notification to collect. Will drop in this evening and see if I get it for €280

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

collected it a few mins ago with my reservation email, got it for 279 no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Mine is due in tomorrow - but hoping for a day early! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭romperstomper

DylanK wrote: »
    collected it a few mins ago with my reservation email, got it for 279 no problem!

do they text/email you when it actually arrives?

Text

• Advertisement

Text

Advertisement