Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl - Franziskaner 4 for €5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

Fantastic, I ran out a few weeks ago. Time to stock up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

damian139 wrote: »
    I literally saw this, grabbed my coat and keys, and drove straight to lidl! Thanks

Id say you hate the stuff do you? : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Personally, I'd put it leagues ahead of erdinger, and marginally ahead of paulaner. Drank it and the dunkel in Bremen last year, was as happy as a dog with two Mickey's

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Great timing, my car is low in fuel so I can load her that bit more. I'm going all out this time, going to fill a big reserve to offset the minimum alcohol pricing, sort of like when Ryanair hedges their fuel purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

damian139 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd put it leagues ahead of erdinger, and marginally ahead of paulaner. Drank it and the dunkel in Bremen last year, was as happy as a dog with two Mickey's

I never had the dunkel but I'd love to try it. The only dunkel I ever see is erdinger which sv have a 4 for 10 deal on at the moment.
    Great timing, my car is low in fuel so I can load her that bit more. I'm going all out this time, going to fill a big reserve to offset the minimum alcohol pricing, sort of like when Ryanair hedges their fuel purchases.

when is minimum pricing coming in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

bergipau wrote: »
    I don't think there will be any changes until after the next general elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bergipau wrote: »

Hopefully never but will be at least 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

My favourite weissbier is Schneider Weisse Tap 7 but Franziskaner is a quality beverage especially when its €5 for 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

No sign of this offer in Artane unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

No sign of this offer in Artane unfortunately

Ask them to check at the till. I've seen that happen with Lidl offers before (including Franziskaner) - no offer sign up in a particular shop even though the offer is on. AFAIK it should be on the system in all shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

I agree franziskaner is a much nicer beer than erdinger. My favourite weissbier is weihenstephaner, got it in a local restaurant recently. Never have seen it in an off licence though unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Quite simply this is the best beer deal in the history of beer deals.

Franziskaner for e1.25 should be illegal, a quality beer for a ridiculously low price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Hic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Will everybody please shut up talking about this until I get to my local Lidl and secure my stash .... then fire away. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is it 4 for €5 or 4 for €6?

the last few times it was on offer it was €1.50 a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

retalivity wrote: »
    Is it 4 for €5 or 4 for €6?

the last few times it was on offer it was €1.50 a bottle

Check the thread title ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbyj946

VeVeX wrote: »
    My favourite weissbier is Schneider Weisse Tap 7 but Franziskaner is a quality beverage especially when its €5 for 4.

Agreed.
    Centre outside DCU was selling Tap 7 for 2.50e a bottle.

Omniplex in Santry is now out of Franziskaner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Only managed to get the two last boxes in Finglas. Keep me going for the week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Swords all out. In this afternoon. Heartbroken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

K.C wrote: »
    Deal back on again lads

Thanks K.C. made my first withdrawal this evening, took 3 boxes, was only 4 there to start with, felt awkward about taking all the stock. Looks like they charged for only 18 bottles not 36..... Would be rude to go back now. I'll crack open a bottle later and mull it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Blankety wrote: »
    Thanks K.C. made my first withdrawal this evening, took 3 boxes, was only 4 there to start with, felt awkward about taking all the stock. Looks like they charged for only 18 bottles not 36..... Would be rude to go back now. I'll crack open a bottle later and mull it over.

Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Got a box this evening. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

RayCon wrote: »
    Will everybody please shut up talking about this until I get to my local Lidl and secure my stash .... then fire away. :pac:

Stash got .... carry on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone seen stock of this left in Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Am I an awful gobsh!te for only buying the 4 bottles to sample?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Batesy wrote: »

Considering the impending minimum unit price legislation you it may literally never be this price again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

bought two crates of this yesterday, great stuff, was only going to get one, but I quickly came to my senses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Batesy wrote: »

How did the sample go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Blanchardstown still has cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Idbatterim wrote: »
    bought two crates of this yesterday, great stuff, was only going to get one, but I quickly came to my senses :D
    how many in a box ?
    20 ?

Advertisement