Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabor Brazil 7 course menu

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

It's a lot of money even at half-price, but this is easily the nicest place I've ever eaten at...the food and service are both amazing. Well worth it for a special night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i was there before the deals and paid full price, even at that it was great value

highly recommended as an experience

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I wouldn't even have considered paying anything like that for a Brazilian restaurant (presumably ethnic food to some extent), but then I saw some good reviews like above. It is also the #1 best restaurant in Dublin according to trip advisor :eek:

I'll be buying myself one of these tasting menus methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It's very difficult to get a booking. Caveat emptor.

ballooba wrote: »

although it has expanded a little since, when i was there it could take 10 max per night.

i still think this is a fantastic deal notwithstanding difficulties in getting a reservation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

If you haven't been before, it's definitely a unique dining experience in Dublin. Be prepared for a very long meal however. I booked a table for 8pm and didn't get out of the place until almost 1am. Also, they'll push you to buy a bottle of wine, but most courses come with a drink of some kind, so if you're not looking to ply yourself with booze, I'd recommend holding off and not ordering any extra drink.

It's definitely a go once and try it kind of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

ballooba wrote: »
    You'll need to book it in advance alright. But for what is almost definitely the best meal you will eat in Ireland, it's worth the planning.
    Serbian wrote: »
    Also, they'll push you to buy a bottle of wine, but most courses come with a drink of some kind, so if you're not looking to ply yourself with booze, I'd recommend holding off and not ordering any extra drink.

It's definitely a go once and try it kind of place.
    When I went, I actually found it to be the literal opposite of this.

I asked about getting the matching wine and was told absolutely no problem, it was gonna be €65 or something, but he then actually explained the house wines and said he'd give me a half bottle of Red and a half bottle of white for the price of a single bottle, (they refilled the glass whenever it was low so I'd say we got A LOT more than 1 bottle of wine!) and after the meal they were offering brandies, port and cocktails, and surprisingly, none of these were charged for. It does sound expensive, even at half price, but it is 100% worth every penny!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

well i have been twice and paid full price, obviously things arent going quite as well for them now hence all of these deals which is disappointing for them, but whatever they need to do to stay in business.

Incidentally the reason i haven't been back is that the menu is largely the same.

would also echo the comments re the wine, when we went my wife had a glass of red, which turned out to be a whole bottle by the time we left. we were charged for a glass.

best dining experience i have had in ireland.

i dont think they will be quite as generous on the half price deals, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭andersat2

IMHO

1. the area and the building itself is very weird for a "best restaurant" in dublin....
    2. 5 hours to spend waiting for a food??
    3. 99eur deal runs nonstop everywhere
    4. 7 course meal in one go is too much
    5. something wrong with all those mega positive reviews tbh...

• Advertisement

andersat2 wrote: »
    IMHO

1. the area and the building itself is very weird for a "best restaurant" in dublin....

Have you ever been?

I hope you aren't questioning my integrity? I have no connection apart from eating there twice.

to address your points:

1. agree, although once you are inside you forget
    2. you arent waiting for food for 5 hours, rather its a relaxed pace, and the waiter spends a lot of time with each table explaining the menu and dishes
    3. It does seem to yes
    4. Not over 3.5-5 hours and the courses arent massive
    5. you haven't been, if you had you would understand why people rave about it

andersat2 wrote: »
    IMHO

1. To be fair, the area and the exterior make no difference once you're eating-also it's in no way a 'bad area' , though it is a hidden away. The interor is beautiful.

2. 5 hours is long but myself and my girlfriend didn't want to leave, and there was no huge gaps between courses

3. True, I'm surprised they need to continue offering this deal, but we all know the restaurant business is a tough one

4. When it's spread over 5 hours it really isn't (IMO) - portion sizes were nicely judged

5. I was skeptical of the near-universal praise too , but it was honestly a flawless night out, from the welcome to the post-dessert drink!

Anyway, I have no connection to the place (apart from being a customer), but I'd like them to do well as I hope to return when I've a few quid saved (so long live the €99 deal :D )

Cyrus- I promise I didn't read your post first!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Cork Exile

Another fan here. Highly recommend the experience. We were offered fast or slow service so we opted for the slow service out of curiosity, and spent well over 3 hours dining. Also with the wine we ordered 1 bottle and kept getting topped up after we had finished it.
    Highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Daft question but if I get this voucher will one of us be able to get the regular menu and the other get the vegetarian menu, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daveydizzle

Yep, there is a veggie alternative in all 7 courses available as long as you mention it to them when booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I can't see any wine list on their website - can anyone give me an idea of what the wine costs per bottle? Don't want to get stung if the cheapest bottle is €50 or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Highly recommend it too. We were there for about 4 hours and enjoyed it thoroughly. It certainly doesn't seem like a long time.

I think the bottle of wine I got was 35euro or something...but there was more expensive options for sure.
    And again, like others said, my glass was topped up when I finished the bottle anyways.

Food was great, wine was lovely, service was impeccable. Great night.

Booking is tough enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Was there last month with some friends. Really impressive and worthy of the praise. You learn about Brazil and the origins of the food you're eating, and don't leave feeling so stuffed that you're sick.

The service was absolutely top notch as well. Looking forward to going back some time in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

This is one of the best meals I have ever had, I was there shortly after it first opened and it was amazing. Service, food and atmosphere are all world class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

Just be weary to anyone buying now, the voucher is actually up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

mad m wrote: »
    Just be weary to anyone buying now, the voucher is actually up today.

The voucher is good for until December 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Some of the posters recommending this are long time Boards posters. Certainly nothing suspect about it, and I'm tempted to go for a meal there now after reading this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Cork Exile

It might have changed but they used to have all the wine out on side table and you would just select your bottle from it. All were priced the same at 30 euro. This was 2 years ago so it might have changed

question - what food do you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Pearl Flaky Battery

I got this deal last time, we had to book months in advance but it was amazing, best meal I've had in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Not going to repeat a lot of what was said here. I have not experience a better dining experience in Dublin. It is much better than Shanahans and Guilbads. On top of the €100 voucher I paid €32 on the night. Forgetting about the food for a second we had;
    2 Prosecco's
    2 caipirinha's
    2 Bottles of wine
    2 Glasses of Port
    3 Brandies
    2 Creme de menthe's

You wouldnt get those drinks in the pub for that €132! Im not an alco, tbh i had to tell them to stop giving us drink

IMO The reason they are doing the vouchers is because they are fully booked for Friday/Saturday's from now until the middle of next year but very few mid week bookings. Hence why they do the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

glasso wrote: »
    question - what food do you get?

Here's an idea, google the name of the restaurant and then look at the menu.
    It would have been quicker than asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

An extra 10% off if you book through Grabone - TODAY ONLY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Nunu wrote: »
    An extra 10% off if you book through Grabone - TODAY ONLY.

Link: http://www.grabone.ie/south-east/sabor-brazil-7

€90

Available all day today and tomorrow until midnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement