Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do an online course in something. Like a language or a free one in maths or programming or whatever

I guarentee by the time I start that they'll have something for me to do. they said this week i should have more work, but it's my 3rd week here already :/ I feel useless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I guarentee by the time I start that they'll have something for me to do. they said this week i should have more work, but it's my 3rd week here already :/ I feel useless.

You can start it anytime sure and pick it up or put it down

I am assuming you have gone around different teams and asked people do they need errands run or photocopying done or whatever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

You can start it anytime sure and pick it up or put it down

I am assuming you have gone around different teams and asked people do they need errands run or photocopying done or whatever :)

Oh I've asked everyone. The lady whose supposed to be mentor has spoken to me roughly 2/3 times, never more than "no i have nothing for you". This other lady is the one who keeps giving me work and I feel bad because she is the senior analyst is super busy so I hate interrupting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

EmilyO wrote: »
    When you're waiting on the second email from Pottermore, can you find out what house you're in before that?

*inner HP nerd emerging*

Nope. You explore the book chapter by chapter so you get sorted when Harry gets sorted :) I'm sure your email will come soon, don't fret.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

feck yas i am signing up to see what the fuss is about

i put my name in as x y

screen:

Congratulations!
    You are magical
    List of magical folk

X Y
    Harry Potter
    Ronald Weasley
    Cho Chang
    Hermione Granger
    Vincent Crabbe
    Neville Longbottom
    Luna Lovegood

hahaha

am i supposed to hang around for ages for the second one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Finally signed off pottermore and finished my website for a college project,

So proud of myself..

....logs into pottermore and facebook

put chicken on plate
    poke chicken to make sure middle is done
    get giant blister

yup i think it's done :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I might try studying in the library tomorrow, I don't derp around online for ages because I feel like people can see my screen, and judge me for taking up a socket to go on Facebook...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Stenchy: twit twoo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

This Pottermore thing is addictive! D:
    EDIT: Ahhhh, balls! I'm in Hufflepuff! I, DragonQueen29857 with the fir and dragon heartstring wand, am greatly disappointed. I try to sway my answers towards Slytherin but it obviously didn't work. *pout*

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    This Pottermore thing is addictive! D:

they havent sent me a second email so i think they know i have an exam coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

feck yas i am signing up to see what the fuss is about

That's the same reason I signed up.

I took a hake fillet out of the freezer earlier and it's still not thawed:( Got it beside a heater now on the floor and I have to keep an eye on it in case the cats decide to eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Kiera wrote: »
    Stenchy: twit twoo :D

Spank you :P

I always cook from frozen ;s

Yeah but I wanted to do a bit of a batter on them and I'd find it much more awkward battering frozen fish, and not too sure if it'll cook fully if I don't.

Still looks very frozen:( might abandon that idea and eat it tomorrow. Don't know what else I have.

Orla K wrote: »

Yeah but I wanted to do a bit of a batter on them and I'd find it much more awkward battering frozen fish, and not too sure if it'll cook fully if I don't.

Still looks very frozen:( might abandon that idea and eat it tomorrow. Don't know what else I have.
    Try putting it in a bowl of cold water. Should defrost in 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ok so he didnt show up :(

but i did get a lovely text from him late explaining why which is nice! :)

so we are going to meet up again soon during the week yay!!

in the meanwhile i also joined pottermore! :o

damn you all!!

Done but oh crap I put my hand under the cold tap and it felt about as cold as the fish, put a little hot water in too just so the water wasn't freezing.

Really should have took it out last night, I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Acoshla when I read that quickly I thought you'd gotten a letter offering you glamour model work :D:D

Done but oh crap I put my hand under the cold tap and it felt about as cold as the fish, put a little hot water in too just so the water wasn't freezing.

Really should have took it out last night, I'm hungry now.
    As long as the water is not hotter than room temp it should defrost and not cook on the outside :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

My dissertation is due on Friday. And its still nowhere near ready (and yet here I am on Boards yet again) :(
    Plus its gonna cost me around €300 to get printed and bound :(
    Have a feeling its gonna be a long week.

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Acoshla when I read that quickly I thought you'd gotten a letter offering you glamour model work :D:D

i never did get to use my photoshoot voucher... ;s

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I am dying a slow and painful death.

Have to drink 4 litres of kleen prep. This stuff is vile.

I shall leave my vibrators to Kiera in my will.

Eeeewwww!!!

/like I don't have millions of my own :p

As long as the water is not hotter than room temp it should defrost and not cook on the outside :)

It's hotter than room temp but only cos it's freezing here! but not hot enough to start cooking, it's below body temp
    I am dying a slow and painful death.

Have to drink 4 litres of kleen prep. This stuff is vile.

Is that for your gluten test thing?

Is that for your gluten test thing?

Yep. I ate so much bread over the last few days that I have a hard food baby belly and if I poke my stomach it feels like it's bruised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

So this cork couple I watch on youtube got an email say this. They are expecting there first child.

536471_154791927980575_132304786895956_191847_2024031505_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cena wrote: »
    So this cork couple I watch on youtube got an email say this. They are expecting there first child.

536471_154791927980575_132304786895956_191847_2024031505_n.jpg

Is that saccony jollies that your talking about?

• Advertisement

Yep. I ate so much bread over the last few days that I have a hard food baby belly and if I poke my stomach it feels like it's bruised.

Good luck! At least after tomorrow you don't have to eat any more bread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement