Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

kinioiri wrote: »
    Had my first scan today:) 11 weeks and 1 day. Still have the same due date August 18th.
    Great to see the little one wriggling around:)

Did you hear the heartbeat and all?? I've mine on Wednesday and I'll be about the same as you, 11 wks. Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

have my scan on Thursday can't wait to get a picture, and to see the little one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I didn't hear the heartbeat on the machine, but could see the little one moving around. I never heard the heartbeat at any of my ultrasound scans with my two little boys, it was only at the GP's with the doppler. My scan picture is very cute, the 2 little legs are so clear, think I could have a little dancer!

Gee_G wrote: »
    Did you hear the heartbeat and all?? I've mine on Wednesday and I'll be about the same as you, 11 wks. Cant wait!
    Good luck with your scan tomorrow. :)

good luck today gee g enjoy, hope everything goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Good luck girls with your scans!!
    Still waiting for a date for mine..Im 10 weeks this week.:eek:

Well its official...I'm pregnant ha ha(didn't really believe it until I could see it!!:D
    I'm due the 19th of August, 11wks and 3days today! Everything is good, could see the little heartbeat which I was delighted about!! Happy days :D

ah that's brilliant gee g delighted it all went so well for you :-)

had my scan today 13+4 today due 3rd of August, baby would not sit still for a good picture :-) kept jumping all over the place, doc was in the knots laughing at it :-)

Glad it all went well for you Betsie...Its a great feeling seeing it and will be even better when we start feeling it :D

• Advertisement

judging by the way the baby was moving yesterday Im in for a hectic few months, the doc was in the knots laughing at it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Congrats to all who had their scans, it's pretty amazing to see isn't it?!
    Coming up to 12 wks now and starting to tell people which is making it all the more real! My belly likes to pop out at night time too, anyone else like that? I like it, it's kinda of comforting or something!

Delighted your scan wen't well Betsie :) I am the same Grapefruit Moon, the belly just pops out in the afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Delighted everyones scans went well- Betsie we have the same due date woo!

Has anyone else got a little bump yet? My jeans won't close anymore! :p

oh don't talk to me jeans won't close the last week, Im just lucky that i had bigger clothes at home as had lost some weight before getting pregnant, loving my belly though feels real now,

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Hi girls, not been 'logged in' for a while, but been snooping haha. Glad everything is going well for ye all. Have another scan now on Sat 11th (a wee sneaky one my aunt in law has organised while we visit them for family function in Laois) and have one then with my own hospital on Wednesday 15th woohoo twice in a matter of days. Cant wait to get a little photo. Nausea has kind of subsided now thank the lord, and has been replaced with BANGING headaches and extreme tierdness lol, never ending. Was in for a check up on Wednesday and had high blood pressure and my previous thyroid problem is playing up, so have to have blood tests way more often now :rolleyes: , shoulder pain is still playing up, but doctor said it is related to my gallstones....Goddamn things :mad: keep me updated ladies on your wellbeing :) Most of us are at the 12 week mark now, well done to us, we are superstars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

laura you poor thing hope you feel better soon! Yeah even though the jeans not closing is kind of annoying it's really nice to have a little bump now, was so jealous of all the other women in the hospital with their big bumps- I'll probably regret saying that when I'm huge and uncomfortable!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

Hi girls! The bump has definately landed! Seem to be getting an 'outie' belly button as well, what is that about! Starting to need pretty baggy tops for work - has anyone else told work yet?
    Got my first midwife appointment AND my private scan tomorrow - wish me luck! :)

best of luck scunners, hope everything goes well for you.

i have work today about a month i would say, i had to coz i had to take a few days off sick,

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

Hurray for scans! Had my first one yesterday and all is well. Baby did cute little bounces up and down and everything :)
    bit of a relief cos i had had my first community midwife appointment that morning and she tried everything to get the heartbeat on the sound machine thing and nothing was happening, not a sound. probably would have gotten really worked up if I wasn't having the scan a few hours later! Big phew. Now I can tell everyone!
    How are you all doing ladies? X

• Advertisement

glad everything went well, glad scan was ok, can be hard to hear heart beat yet or so i have been told, i haven't heard mine yet but have seen it x

still feeling miserable, cough and cold really getting to me now, just can't seem to shift it at all :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Glad all is well Scunners!!
    Well got app for my scan....another 51/2 weeks away!!! I'm so disappointed. I'm gonna be near 16 weeks gone at that stage :(

Up the walls today. My son came home from Playschool with a letter saying there was an outbreak of chickenpox in the school and he was in direct contact with the infected child. I never had them and I am panicking I will catch them. I phoned Clonmel to see if I was immune and the said because of cutbacks the don't check everybody for immunity at the booking visit! Had to phone my GP and the nurse there is phoning the lab in Waterford to check it out from previous blood tests. She said with cutbacks I don't know when I will be back to you. Ok my rant is over!

kinioiri wrote: »
    Up the walls today. My son came home from Playschool with a letter saying there was an outbreak of chickenpox in the school and he was in direct contact with the infected child. I never had them and I am panicking I will catch them. I phoned Clonmel to see if I was immune and the said because of cutbacks the don't check everybody for immunity at the booking visit! Had to phone my GP and the nurse there is phoning the lab in Waterford to check it out from previous blood tests. She said with cutbacks I don't know when I will be back to you. Ok my rant is over!

Panic over - I'm immune:)

oh delighted your immune from the chicken pox.

so tired today, is anyone else exhausted most of the time, Im in bed at 9/9.30 every night and some nights its even tough to stay awake that long,

Cheers Betsie. My Mam (rip) always said I never had chicken pox (only measles), so I was in a panic, but apparently you can carry the antibody and never have had them. Happy Days! I was in a panic all morning and reading information from the Internet does not help a worrier like me!
    I'm with you on the tiredness, come half nine my eyes are starting to close. :(. Anyone else gone forgetful? I got my husbands gear Bag ready for soccer tonight, only for him to come back home after 10 minutes. I forgot to put the gear inside:confused: I remember having baby brain in previous pregnancies, but not this soon! It could be a long few months

my Oh says its nothing new that i always forget things anyway so nothing new these apparently haha,

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Grapefruit Moon

Hi all,
    Hope everyone is well. I've had a rough week, after barely no sickness at all it all seemed to kick in last week, At 12 weeks, wtf?! By Friday I was in bits, so so tired, so nauseous, lots of trapped wind and indigestion, stomach pains, felt like I was getting a flu or something. Started worrying which made it worse, but then tried to think if it all as signs of a healthy growing baby, bit better today but have no idea how others managed this throughout the 12 weeks, or with another kid(s) to take care of, I've been useless this week!! Hopefully it'll pass soon, 13 weeks today, is that the 2nd trimester yet? Different books/apps say different things!

15 weeks today and feeling ****, still not fully over my cold, also have some stomach pains the last 2days too just stretching pains but still fair annoying, could do with a few days off work i think

hope all are feeling well x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Had my scan yesterday. OMG...from my first one at 7weeks and seeing just a little blob with a heartbeat, has now become a jumpy, wriggly waving and kicking little person with arms and legs. Was AMAZING. Doc was smiling away to himself watching it doing back flips all over the screen lol. Was so cute, glad everything is OK now, scan yesterday really put my mind at ease. Still hard to believe the baby moves that much inside us, and we can't feel anything yet, roll on 16 weeks, can't wait to feel little bub inside :) Another scan now on Wednesday with my own doctor, so looking forward to that. hope ye are all well.

And I agree with the tiredness, I'm wrecked all the time, no matter how much sleep I get at night. And with the mushy brain syndrome, put the electric kettle in the fridge, and was getting really frustrated when the carton of milk wouldn't fit into the cradle thing for the kettle lol..took me a while to cop myself on and realise what I had done.

Advertisement