Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internships

• 06-12-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

How the hell does one get an internship these days!? I'm currently searching for an internship for the coming summer and so far must have applied to over 25 or 30 large companies ( mostly British) and can't seem to convince any of them I should work there. I got 520 points in my leaving cert, been involved in student organizations, have over 2 years of work experience and got a 2.1 in my exams in first year , all of which I thought would make it relatively easy to get some kind of decent internship. Can somebody give me any advice on how to get one based on your own experiences ? Or is an internship even necessary if one wants to succeed in their career? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement