Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google glassed gimps?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

These people are going to get mugged really easy, even if they know Kung Fu.
    I suppose they can contact a hospital via the internet before they lose too much blood.

I wear glasses so I can't wear google glasses on top of them, that's racist - I smell a lawsuit coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

As someone who has worn glasses for twelve years, when they were announced I thought they were brilliant. But this September I decided to get laser and now I'm thinking after all the money I spent to not have to wear glasses, why would I fork out more money to put the frames back on. But I do admire them as a innovative product.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not a chance. Have way too much respect for myself.
    I like them. It means I'm one step closer to finally getting a HUD.
    Will it shows my hp? They will only get better looking in time, like electric cars. Look crappy now but one day they will have their tesla s too.

Thing about them is they are valuable, more valuable than a smartphone. But a smartphone can be hidden, in your pocket, jacket, àrse, wherever. Plenty of places or situations I can think of not wanting my smartphone to be on display, but luckily, it's easy to hide.

You certainly won't be able to stick your Google glasses up your àrse in a hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Pighead wrote: »
    ggss.jpg

She had a wandering eye, for pron

She liked to watch Friends, on the go.

• Advertisement

I'd like them for when I'm on a bike trip.. Maps, taking videos and checking weather without stopping.

Apart from that, this is the start of something amazing. If you check what Samsung can do with bendy glass, then it shouldn't be too long before they look pretty much the same as normal glasses with the hardware along the temples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Goggle glasses especially if you have sensitive eyes!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Why not staple a 'mini iPad' to your face and be done with it, any excuse to use your brand-new 'Hilti Gun'.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have a pair of novelty sunglasses that are wider than normal on the outsides. The inside of the 'extra' glass is silvered on the inside, so you can see what's behind you like a rearview mirror. A drunk guy in the pub wanted to buy them for €100 (no kidding), but I was too nice to take advantage of him...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Everyone should give this a read, a very good insight to an objective person using Google Glass.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/22/4013406/i-used-google-glass-its-the-future-with-monthly-updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pighead wrote: »
    Deeply upset and saddened by the poll which shows that one in four think that these ghastly glasses are cool. Shocked with some of the names associating themselves with this product. Particularly upset with sarky, biko and Gran Hermano. Old enough to know better in fairness.

Oh, you're still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Important to bear in mind this was just an experiment and will not be going to market :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Important to bear in mind this was just an experiment and will not be going to market :P
    Gonna be interesting watching how they try to get this out there with so much resistance/hate for it already.

Prescription Glasses available later in year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Esel wrote: »
    I have a pair of novelty sunglasses that are wider than normal on the outsides. The inside of the 'extra' glass is silvered on the inside, so you can see what's behind you like a rearview mirror. A drunk guy in the pub wanted to buy them for €100 (no kidding), but I was too nice to take advantage of him...
    Just thought of this now ... these should be called Elgoog glasses. I actually have two pairs. Anyone got a spare €100? :)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement