Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Fire club dublin

• 01-04-2012 10:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭

Long story short I want to spend the night there for the craic.
    I'm not convinced it's haunted but I am concerned about being brained by some junkie in the hills, anyone have any experiences with the place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭maccored

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

maccored wrote: »

Thanks for that, should have searched first

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ahclassbai

Anyone have any creepy experiences up the hellfire club? or know any one who has?...apart of course from all the young lads and skangers on the session

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Did a few investigations up there but it was far to cold and windy to really get a feel for the place. I don't know of anyone who really has experienced anything up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Never got anything up their, it's just an isolated/cold building where imaginations take hold.

• Advertisement

ah crap , i really wanted it to be haunted haha , i recon il have to see for myself. hauntings can be more active on different occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Not much up there at all bar a lot of grafiti and rubbish!

Kilakee house though seems to be more interesting, which is on the same road. Unfortunately its privately owned.

The Black Cat of Kilakee and the house itself has plenty a spooky take to be told.

https://localstudies.wordpress.com/2013/10/23/haunted-happenings-at-killakee/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

The woods on the other side of the road to the hellfire club would be more of an interesting visit but be very careful and don't go alone, some of the rituals are dodge at best.

Also I found a junkie in the Hellfire Club late at night during a storm. Needle sticking straight out of his arm as he lay there on the floor. I got out of there super quick.

Ziycon wrote: »
    The woods on the other side of the road to the hellfire club would be more of an interesting visit but be very careful and don't go alone, some of the rituals are dodge at best.

cool, had a weird vibe up there or what did ya hear about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭flunkyfearsome

ahclassbai wrote: »
    cool, had a weird vibe up there or what did ya hear about it?

Masseys estate is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

Ghost Adventures filmed an episode there and in Leap Castle last year. Pretty interesting.

I love how American shows always have to subtitle Irish people speaking English. Its very good, very entertaining. Not at all realistic but I enjoyed it. The bald guy is a bit dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

there is a paranormal group who did a lot of videos up there and looks pretty haunted to me:eek:
    cant recall their name, think something with K. try searching in youtube, pretty sure they will come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,664 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

A buddy of mine was in the Hellfire Club building with his wife. He was exploring in one part of it, while she went up some steps near the front. Something grabbed her leg. She thought it was her husband, but he was in another part of the building. She got out of there super quick and he left with her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 333 ✭✭BigJackC

Ally Dick wrote: »
    A buddy of mine was in the Hellfire Club building with his wife. He was exploring in one part of it, while she went up some steps near the front. Something grabbed her leg. She thought it was her husband, but he was in another part of the building. She got out of there super quick and he left with her

The hell fire club is completely exposed to the elements. Was it windy that day? When it's windy, it shoots straight in and up the staircases. If you were a little bit on edge, it could feel like somebody was grabbing or touching the back of your legs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/desktopxhtml/114-1.html

Dig at Hellfire Club, Dublin Mts
    19 Oct 2016 09:09

Archaeologists are excavating what is believed to be an ancient passage tomb to the rear of the ruins of the Hellfire Club in the Dublin Mountains.
    The project, which is running throughout October, has uncovered the remains of the stone cairn that once formed the main mound of the tomb.
    The team has also found a range of materials, including flint from people making stone tools over 5,000 years ago, along with charcoal and some tiny fragments of burnt bone.
    The Hellfire Club was built as a shooting lodge for politician William Conolly in 1725.
    To build the lodge, his workmen destroyed two large tombs and utilised their stone as building material.
    This act is said to have begun the area's association with the supernatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 wilko1984uk

Finally got up there today, don't drive and so it was a hassle. Had to get the 15B bus from South George's Street to Stocking Avenue, then walk up Kilakee/Old Military Road to Montpellier Hill and through the Collite forest. Was worth it though, luckily no weirdos despite the reputation and it being this time of year. A couple of words of advice bring a torch to navigate the pitch black staircase, mind the random concrete step and the half a foot drop into the back upstairs room. 😀

Wouldn't go camping up there myself.

Stabbing in June

Advertisement