Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 VW Golf Drivers Wing Mirror

• 15-08-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can source a driver’s wing mirror for a 07 VW Golf

It was the result of a two cars meeting on a secondary road, both cars clipped mirrors and as a result my mirror got smashed. The other car slowed down but when they saw the damage they took off. Unfortunately I didn’t get a reg of the vehicle as it speed into the distance… B*****D!

I’d appreciate any suggestions at all…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What's broken? Is it just the glass or is the casing and mounting damaged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭poreilly101

Thanks for the link Big_Mac. Great site and a fraction of the dealer costs…!

This would be ideal but the colour I am looking for is colour coded black. Is it possible to get a different colour cover?

The replacement wing mirror is for a base model golf – no puddle light but it had the indicator function integrated.

Hi crosstownk

The mounting is perfect – What is smashed is the casing and the glass.

Can I get the mirror in parts? It’s amazing the mounting did not break!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

How much of this do you need.....

857400iv6.png

• Advertisement

Crosstownk

I need 7 ,4, 12 , 13 May need 6 as well, I’d need to get a proper look at it in day light

Can I get just the parts that are numbered?

I will take a picture in the morning when I have natural light and post it straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Can't believe the other guy didn't stop, what a wanker.

Yea, what was that about!!?? What was I going to do?

When two cars clip mirrors on a country road the truth of the matter is that it’s 50:50. You can’t point the finger, ok I was stationary when I got hit but you can’t do a lot!!!

I was going to spin around and go after them but I was on a narrow road and on a bend, so I couldn’t get turned around in time. Funny thing is when they saw there was damage they then took of… Oh well!

Called the local garda station but they told me without a reg that the could do nothing and that they were very busy and proceeded to rush me of the phone

Finnaly got some pictures

PICT0001-5.jpg

PICT0002-2.jpg

PICT0003-3.jpg

PICT0004-3.jpg

So do i buy replacement parts or the full mirror unit...

Advertisement