Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESCO home Delivery Customer Service

• 10-08-2008 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi
    I have recently started getting Tesco shopping delivered - new baby means not as much time for such things ;-)
    But today I had some moldy grapes and a lettuce delivered! I tried ringing the Customer Service number on the delivery document. Its a number beginning 00800 ... which I think is going through to UK?
    Anyway the first time I got a message "cannot take the call due to unforseen problems, please try later" then later I was left on hold with music (so I'm being charged for the call) for 30 minutes before I hung up (I was being told about every minute then I was moving up the queue and to hold on!!)
    Is this normal that you cant get through to Tesco?
    I'm going try the 00800 number again tomorrow and if no joy will ring head office in Dun Laoghaire.
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

The number is 00 800 00 225533 on their website.

This website says it's more than likely an international freephone number ..

Very strange really .. 00 was the international access code so I guess this might make sense.

Could also try email them online@tesco.ie and see if you have any luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 linx

we had problems with non delivery and still got charged for it was 3 days before we got to speak to anyone and then had to wait another week before we were refunded. Never got a reply from the e mails we sent and were never told why it happened...so tesco online shopping never again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Seems to be a lot of complaints on here regarding tesco online shopping in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

mobpd wrote: »
    Hi
    I have recently started getting Tesco shopping delivered - new baby means not as much time for such things ;-)
    But today I had some moldy grapes and a lettuce delivered! I tried ringing the Customer Service number on the delivery document. Its a number beginning 00800 ... which I think is going through to UK?
    Anyway the first time I got a message "cannot take the call due to unforseen problems, please try later" then later I was left on hold with music (so I'm being charged for the call) for 30 minutes before I hung up (I was being told about every minute then I was moving up the queue and to hold on!!)
    Is this normal that you cant get through to Tesco?
    I'm going try the 00800 number again tomorrow and if no joy will ring head office in Dun Laoghaire.
    Paul

00800 is an international freephone number. It shouldn't cost you anything.

Personally I gave up on Tesco online shopping a long time ago. Had two really bad experiences with them and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Call you local tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

egan007 wrote: »
    Call you local tesco
    ... who won't be able to do anything unless it's the Tesco that delivers your groceries.
    I'm not sure which stores DO delivery, but I imagine it's mostly the very large ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Been using tesco online a lot for the last 6 months...also due to baby arriving.

We have only had one or two minor issues with it and had no bother getting through to the help line to sort it out.

One delivery didnt turn up on time so we rang the Wilton branch directly and they sorted us out immediately. Must be just lucky I guess but will continue using it as it is dead handy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I stopped using Tesco end of last year after being happy with them for a while.
    Last 3 or 4 deliveries were quite bad.

The last one i got about half of what i had ordered. Of course i wasnt charged but for me it doesnt make sense to spend 8 euro on delivery when the total of all what was left on my shopping list was about 40 euro.

At other times, when something was missing and i had to call them, everythign was dealt with quick and satisfying.

But if they dont deliver 50% of what i need, there is no use for me to use them again.

Advertisement