Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How would you react to somebody 'starting on you' on a night out?

• 10-09-2013 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

A while ago I was walking out of the nightclub and as I was passing some lads in tracksuits outside, one of them hit me in the back of the head. I kept walking without looking back and there was no follow up.

As drunk as I was I thought that it was the only was to avoid confrontation in the scenario. I would have gained nothing by turning around to deal with him.

Obviously if he had continued his assault I would have had to be forced to defend myself but luckily it came to nothing.

What would you have done in a situation like that?

Is your pride more important than your physical well being?

Would you care if people considered you to be a 'pussy'?

If you think I was a pussy in that situation then you will feel clarified of your opinion when you read post 66 in this thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

lahalane wrote: »
    A while ago I was walking out of the nightclub and as I was passing some lads in tracksuits outside, one of them hit me in the back of the head. I kept walking without looking back and there was no follow up.

As drunk as I was I thought that it was the only was to avoid confrontation in the scenario. I would have gained nothing by turning around to deal with him.

Obviously if he had continued his assault I would have had to be forced to defend myself but luckily it came to nothing.

What would you have done in a situation like that?

Is your pride more important than your physical well being?

Would you care if people considered you to be a 'pussy'?

I wouldn't walk away from a provocation like that so fair play to you for doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I would of broke his legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I'd get the fook out of there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I would have set his shinny tracksuit on fire!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Run away run away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

punch his lights out on the spot - teach the little turd a lesson

random punching of people has killed - remember the jurno killed last year in a similar incident

let them away with it , they would do it again and possibly kill someone
    best knock them out and save a life ;)

and yes i can see the irony of preventing death by punching by punching

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Miss Mayhem

I think you did the right thing. I'd do the same. Fair play to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Something similar happened to me a few years back. Didn't consider the guy who hit me as much of a threat so just walked on.

Turns out, some people across the road saw it happen, got Garda attention and they were pretty quick to act on it.

The guy ended up getting 6 months for it.

Much longer then I would have knocked him out for, so win/win for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Laughing and walking away, I'm nearly 30 and have no desire to fight in the street with a teenager enjoying his first beer.

It's pathetic that some people can't go out and enjoy themselves without trying to be Rambo at 3am clutching a bag of chips.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Find out who he is.

Hang around.

Wait to get him alone.

Stomp on his face.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I would of have broken his legs.

Not if you were outnumbered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

I would have done the same thing. They're not going to start on you unless they're fairly sure they could finish the job should you reciprocate. It does hurt the pride a bit, but it is definitely the intelligent route to go down (and it doesn't hurt nearly as much a beating).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

If you were drunk and were on your own and they were in a group then the most likely situation would be you getting the sh*t beaten out of you. To be honest if your man would dig a random stranger on the street he was clearly spoiling for a fight, and it's unlikely you would have gotten a fair one had you responded. In essence you did the right thing. I could understand how you'd be raging but at the end of the day you did nothing wrong, they did; and you should never define yourself because of the actions of a complete scumbag.

I've been in umpteen scraps over nonsense like this. I responded to something similar on St Patrick's Day and ended up getting bottled in the face for my troubles thus leaving a big, fat keloid scar in the middle of my forehead. While I don't particular regret standing up for myself (after bottling me the tramp in question ran away when he saw the blood), I didn't exactly gain much from the event bar a bit of disfigurement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

bluewolf wrote: »
    Run away run away

I think if I had ran he would probably have chased me...Scumbags are like cats playing with their food I find. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Kagawa10

Does he lift?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Unzip the jeans and blast him with piss!

Would serve the little toe-rag right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I would have slapped the ragamuffin across the face with my glove and challenged him to a pistol duel at dawn.

FTA69 wrote: »
    If you were drunk and were on your own
    I was with a friend. I know if he had been the one to get hit and reacted I would be very pissed off with him for bringing me into the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

This thread is going to contain a shít load of internet warriors.

Laughing and walking away

I wouldn't even laugh because it just gives him a reason to confront you again. That's all he was looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

In my head I'm thinking I'd turn around and give him the finger and continue to beat the living pulp out of these scumbags using karate and judo ive learned from tekken but in reality I'd probably keep walking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Kagawa10

I'd grab him and do a Joseph Fritzel on him

lahalane wrote: »
    I wouldn't even laugh because it just gives him a reason to confront you again. That's all he was looking for.

Ah I know, obviously not laugh but you know what I mean.

These mongos are just looking for a reason, best just to continue on your way, enjoy your life and know that their only excitement in life is throwing punches at strangers.

Kagawa10 wrote: »
    Does he lift?

No. As weak as I am, I would have fancied myself one on one with any of them. Not because I'm a bad ass but because they didn't look tough. Although they'd probably all have bet my deluded head in because they surely have more experience in fighting than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

SV wrote: »
    This thread is going to contain a shít load of internet warriors.

so becasue the majority would allow someone to randomly slap them , the ones that would defend themselves , and have the balls to stand up to the little turds they are internet warriors

na buddy - you are just an internet pussy - i know what one i would rather be

someone hits me for no good reason , i will my best to make sure the ****er will think twice about it again

how does that make me a internet warrior ?

so are ya starting - are ya ???? i'll bleedin BBBUUURRSSSSTTT YA !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

If they started me on me I'd finish them :cool:

dj jarvis wrote: »
    so becasue the majority would allow someone to randomly slap them , the ones that would defend themselves , and have the balls to stand up to the little turds they are internet warriors

na buddy - you are just an internet pussy - i know what one i would rather be

someone hits me for no good reason , i will my best to make sure the ****er will think twice about it again

how does that make me a internet warrior ?

so are ya starting - are ya ???? i'll bleedin BBBUUURRSSSSTTT YA !!! :D

That's not really fair.

The lad said there was a few of them. They'd have knocked the bollox out of him for a laugh.

There's no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It depends.
    If I was set on by more than one person, I would walk away.
    Girl on girl, I'd give as good as I got and there'd be no holding me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

I would of broke his legs.
    You retaliate and hit these scumbags, one i can gauntee you his mates will pounce on you and your get a kicking or worse stabbed. Two if you did beat them i can allmost be certain they would be down the cops station straight away fileing a assault charge. And when it goes to court these teenagers are either in court with there mammys and school uniform on. While you a grown man, whos side do you think the judge will take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

I would have curled up in a ball and started roaring 'Oh my god your threatening me I'm being threatened OHHH MY GOOOOD, don't threaten me'

Advertisement