Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Boat Jumble

• 23-01-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Morning all.

Has anyone ever been to the Irish Boat Jumble which is held yearly in Carrickfergus Sailing Club, Northern Ireland in April.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

not been but heard it can be very weather dependent on both sellers and buyers and is hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Pity the one in Dunlaoghaire is no longer going, Ronan from Leinster Boats did a great job running it.
    Heard the one in Carrick is quite good but not as big as it used to be.
    Anyone know of any happening this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I've been several times, travel time of about 90 mins from Drogheda , parking on site. Good stalls like jimmy green ropes, compass marine etc along with many other stands. I've bought fenders, rope, lifejacket s spares down through the years. There's a lot of junk too but one mans junk is another mans gold.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

[QUOTE= There's a lot of junk too but one mans junk is another mans gold.[/QUOTE]

You can say that again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 malhiggins

Morning.

Thanks for the above information. What date is the Carrick one being held and where?

Regards

mal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

malhiggins wrote: »
    Morning.

Thanks for the above information. What date is the Carrick one being held and where?

Regards

mal

It's on in Carrickfergus sailing club https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Carrickfergus+Sailing+Club,+Rodgers+Quay,+CARRICKFERGUS&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.194454,33.793945&t=h&hq=Carrickfergus+Sailing+Club,+Rodgers+Quay,+CARRICKFERGUS&z=15 on the 13th of April. This might help if you are staying over. http://www.boatjumbleassociation.co.uk/IBJ-Information.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nigel sands

boat jumble also at Sands Marine Kinnego Marina on the shore of lough neagh near lurgan on the 5th of April with sellers stalls at only £10 and £1 entrance fee with entrance proceeds going to the lough neagh rescue service. traders welcome too

Looks like there will be one in Howth

374537_616739015071249_1217012002_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Resurrecting this thread - is the one in Carrick the biggest one in Ireland? New to this world, need to pick up a few bits ahead of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

boogaloop wrote: »
    Resurrecting this thread - is the one in Carrick the biggest one in Ireland? New to this world, need to pick up a few bits ahead of the season.

Yes it is the biggest as far as I know.
    Unfortunately there aren't many left, they are great gathering points to meet fellow boaters. Would be great to have another in Dublin but on speaking to Ronan from Leinster Boats recently I dont think that will happen unless there is an alternative venue to Dunlaoghaire Harbour.

Why not put a list of the items you need on here and see what other posters may have to offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭W1ll1s

There were a couple of great ones in Kinsale years ago, pity they did not last.

Howth RNLI had one the past few years not very big but it's for a good cause so I buy lots of crap :D There is one coming up in Greystones on the 6th of April, keep an eye on this for updates on boat jumbles around the country http://www.boatjumble.ie/news.php

Greystones boat jumble on tomorrow the 12th of April I take it and not the 13th as stated :)http://www.boatjumble.ie/item.php?id=527

Well that was a bit of a let down only 3 stalls :(

But at least I got a look at the new slipway and very nice it is too :)

20150412_134340_zpshgqwa49e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I almost bought a double xl dry suit for 50 quid, it would have been swimming on me so was no use but for two seconds I was hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

I almost bought a double xl dry suit for 50 quid, it would have been swimming on me so was no use but for two seconds I was hooked

the "but its cheap" situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

neris wrote: »
    the "but its cheap" situation

Don't go there I'm drooling over a split cane fly rod on ebay at the moment, I don't have time for fishing, sailing, surfing, snorkeling twins and wife. I'll have to pick three

A Boat Jumble Sale will be held in Shannon Harbour on Sunday 19th June http://www.adverts.ie/parts-accessories/boat-jumble-sale/9762310 I better buy another shed :)

Advertisement