Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castleblayney commute

• 17-04-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Hi. Have an option to move to Blayney but work in city centre (Parnell Square). Anyone have an idea of the commute time? I have parking and if needs be can get in any time before 10. Is it the same time both directions? Also what route into town once you get to M50? Any answers welcome!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Why don't you check out the bus routes, esp
    McConnon's Monaghan; (047)82020,
    and some of the Donegal commuter buses e.g.
    McGinley's; 074 9135201, info@johnmcginley.com etc, also
    Bus Eireann. They all offfer good services, so have a wee nap and enjoy the trip. McConnons used to leave from Parnell Square each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

I tend to need the car, I might check it out though. I see Mcconnons across the road all right. No idea of the commute then?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

It really depends on the time of the day. I've never travelled up in rush hour but on a good day I could get from castleblaney town to the city centre in an hour and a half. In traffic you could add well over an hour to that I'd guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Yikes. I was hoping maybe 90 minutes or so at rush hour. 45/50 minutes to M1/M50 so maybe an hour to end of Swords. After that I suppose I take my chances...

Advertisement