Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Waffle maker.... and apologies!

Options
  • 14-01-2016 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Firstly, the apology - am trying to buy a waffle maker and if I do, I will (hopefully) contribute some hugely successful recipes to this forum!:o

I want to buy a Krups wafflemaker- does anyone know where I can get one? I tried electricshopping.ie - but have received an email to say they are no longer in stock, (so am awaiting a refund)>

Not in Argos/debenhams, the usual. Hugely expensive one in Harvey Norman @ €140:eek:
    Any help - thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: Moved to main Food & Drink forum.

Have you looked at Amazon.co.uk? Lidl/ Aldi also occasionally have their own brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Faith wrote: »
    Mod Note: Moved to main Food & Drink forum.

Have you looked at Amazon.co.uk? Lidl/ Aldi also occasionally have their own brands.

Sorry.... chose the wrong forum! Amazon shipping is so expensive and Lidl/Aldi have exercise gear at the moment. Thanks and apologies Faith!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could use parcel motel if free UK shipping is an option :). Or would you consider another brand? I imagine it's a gadget that might not get used too much, so I wouldn't invest a huge amount in one unless you're sure you'll use it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I found it really, really hard to get waffle irons in regular shops here when I was looking. I've gotten 2 from Lidl at this stage (square waffles & round waffles) and Aldi have them too at times. In my experience though, they aren't easy to buy in regular shops.

If you don't mind second hand, keep a beady on adverts.ie etc., I think they're an oft regretted & sold on again impulse purchase (I don't regret mine, love it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Sorry.... chose the wrong forum! Amazon shipping is so expensive and Lidl/Aldi have exercise gear at the moment. Thanks and apologies Faith!

£25 from amazon with free supersaver delivery to Ireland
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belgian-Waffle-Maker-Posner-Iron/dp/B00XW915RS/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen-appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1452959323&sr=1-1&keywords=waffle+maker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I picked up the lidl one a year or two ago. Only use the waffle plates. Used to use it once a week after i got it, now it's more when I remember i have it. The plates are losing their non stickness so some waffles end up torn if you dont gently try to ease them out with a plastic tool.

Advertisement