Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerrygold Vs. Any other brand butter

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My favourite butter is pats I am given at a farm in summer. Saved one in the freezer for Christmas. The texture is like no butter you can buy. Used to make butter when I had a goat. That IS pure white. They add annatto for colouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I think people are conflating the "easier spread" versions of real butter with dairy spreads. Two very different things, neither of which are real butter. But the former is much closer than the latter.
    thats not strictly true.
    Theres spreadable butter which is a mix of butter and oils, and then theres dairy spread

There is also a missing 3rd category of softer butter, which is 100% butter, but made in a way that it can be spread more easily
    http://www.connachtgold.ie/products/softer-butter/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Adding "butter" to my secret list of things that need to be blind-taste-tested.

I did it once before, and nearly lost a friend over it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I worked with a French chap for a while and argued with him that French butter couldn't be as good as Irish. He landed back with a selection after a weekend at home and I could argue no longer. So another vote for French butter from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

I worked in a Avonmore cheese and butter processing plant for a number of years. We process Kerrygold, Tesco and a few more unbranded butter's and packaged them also.

They both use the EXACT same milk byproducts, EXACT same churn and EXACT same packaging equipment, the only difference being that the actual package wrap is changed on packaging lines when quotas are met.

The Kerrygold unsalted butter in the silver package was the only type of butter that was different, very popular in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

homer1982 wrote: »
    I worked in a Avonmore cheese and butter processing plant for a number of years. We process Kerrygold, Tesco and a few more unbranded butter's and packaged them also.

They both use the EXACT same milk byproducts, EXACT same churn and EXACT same packaging equipment, the only difference being that the actual package wrap is changed on packaging lines when quotas are met.

The Kerrygold unsalted butter in the silver package was the only type of butter that was different, very popular in the US.

So that unmistakeable kerrygold taste comes from the wrapper? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,417 ✭✭✭✭Alun

So that unmistakeable kerrygold taste comes from the wrapper? :eek:
    Not saying that is necessarily the case here, but there's plenty of experimental evidence out there showing how people are convinced by packaging alone that two identical products taste different, but when tasting the same products in a blind test can't tell the difference.

Advertisement