Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

I'm wondering does anyone have any Lunch ideas that aren't too hight in points? I don't know about ye but I like to have a big enough dinner, usually using 10-15points from my 29. But I find that my lunch is usually 8-10 and I don't have enough points for a proper dinner (when you add in brekkie and a snack or 2).

I like to have a carb at lunch or I can't concentrate in the afternoon. So I usually have a wrap or bread. That's 3-5 pts before fillings.

Any suggestions welcome :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

hey, does anybody know how many propoints in Lily O'Brien's Sticky Toffee Chocolates. I've been on their website and it only states per serving which is 42g. I don't know how many sweets this is? hmm probably should have weighed them before i ate them but too late now!!
    can anybody help!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 nanofano

I'm wondering does anyone have any Lunch ideas that aren't too hight in points? I don't know about ye but I like to have a big enough dinner, usually using 10-15points from my 29. But I find that my lunch is usually 8-10 and I don't have enough points for a proper dinner (when you add in brekkie and a snack or 2).

I like to have a carb at lunch or I can't concentrate in the afternoon. So I usually have a wrap or bread. That's 3-5 pts before fillings.

I'm a plain eater, why not have a ham salad sandwich or wrap with a tbsp low fat mayo. That's only 5-6 pps. Have fruit then for dessert. :)
    or i like an avocado salad (just have half an avocado) with zero pp veg and balsamic vinegar- if you want carbs stick it in a small pitta!
    Or you could have old zero point veg soup with a small petit pan roll...
    Don't know if that helps but that's what i like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

nanofano wrote: »
    I'm a plain eater, why not have a ham salad sandwich or wrap with a tbsp low fat mayo. That's only 5-6 pps. Have fruit then for dessert. :)
    or i like an avocado salad (just have half an avocado) with zero pp veg and balsamic vinegar- if you want carbs stick it in a small pitta!
    Or you could have old zero point veg soup with a small petit pan roll...
    Don't know if that helps but that's what i like :D

I would be a plain eater too so none of that avocado craic for me :D
    I think I need to cut down on carbs I'm just finding it hard to get a decent substitute for them! I do love my carbs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Thanks to everyone who had kind words re my cat, he's home now and fully recovered :D
    Unfortunately, my appetite is now back in force!
    I saw someone else posting re the M&S count on us roasted butternut squash wrap (6pp), I had that today and it's lovely. It's great that M&S are changing to the propoints, I was a little worried they'd just remove the points altogether. It makes lunch shopping much quicker.
    I also had the M&S vegetarian sushi which works out at 7pp per pack.

For dinner tonight I used the WW sausage casserole sauce mixed with quorn sausages some onion and red pepper and had boiled new potatoes and carrots with that. Really great hearty dinner for 10pp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I would be a plain eater too so none of that avocado craic for me :D
    I think I need to cut down on carbs I'm just finding it hard to get a decent substitute for them! I do love my carbs :o

Have you a microwave in work? Maybe you could bake a potato in the evening and nuke it for lunch the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Oh so happy here. Went to meeting tonight for second weigh in and I'm down 6lbs. Delighted with myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

havent been on for a couple of days but had my weigh in last night and was down another 3lbs :D Im thrilled. Im really excited too cos we hired a threadmill and a vibroplate for a few weeks and they are coming on saturday. i willbe able to do some exercise now. have 4 kids including a 10 wk old baby so dont get out much to walk or anything cos my partner works nights. anyone know if the vibroplate is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Oh so happy here. Went to meeting tonight for second weigh in and I'm down 6lbs. Delighted with myself. :D

wow thats amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Do you like salads you could have 100g chicken breast 3pp, lots of free salad food, 2 laughing cow light cheese pp1, salad dressing pp1 and then get the carbs you want from some couscous/rice/pasta/ small roll pp2/3 that would be a really filling lunch for 7/8 pp.
    Tuna sandwich, small tin 56g tuna in brine pp1, 2 slices bread pp4, mayo pp1, salad pp0 ,total 6pp. Have a piece of fruit and you should be comfortably full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

EMF2010 wrote: »

Woohoo well done any tips :)

jackmax wrote: »
    havent been on for a couple of days but had my weigh in last night and was down another 3lbs :D Im thrilled. Im really excited too cos we hired a threadmill and a vibroplate for a few weeks and they are coming on saturday. i willbe able to do some exercise now. have 4 kids including a 10 wk old baby so dont get out much to walk or anything cos my partner works nights. anyone know if the vibroplate is any good?

The vibroplates are great as a warm up. try using it for about 10 mins before using the treadmill. Its great for kinda loosening ya up and getting the circulation going. They're kinda useless as a stand alone exercise. Combo of vibroplate and treadmill will get ya GREAT results!

We used to have them at work, I used to work for chartbusters. They plates were really popular with all the people who used the gym next door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Congrats on your new baby your a busy lady! fair play to you getting back on track so soon.

Im really excited too cos we hired a threadmill and a vibroplate for a few weeks and they are coming on saturday.

where did you get these and how much is it costing you? If you don't mind me being nosey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Yup still doing them, every week. Heres the latest one:

I'm just coming to grips with it this week really, have sts for two weeks then down 1/2lb. How are you getting on? :)

Hey, I enjoyed this so much! Is there somewhere I can catch up on your older ones? x :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Woohoo well done any tips :)

Well, I'm hardly a guru, but I am loving this new plan. I've been out four times in the last two weeks but still lost! I don't know about tips but I've been doing things differently than I have in the past so I can tell you what those things are if that helps???

If I had to say anything it would be to track everything - absolutely everything. We had talk in meeting and loads said they don't track; I've no idea how they do it without it. I write everything down, including coffees and no point stuff so I know what I'm having, and if I'm guessing at points I guess high rather than convincing myself it was really only 2pps when I know it's at least 3 or more likely 4. I've done that in the past.

If you fancy something, just have it. Don't deprive yourself, or you'll go mental. I've been having crisps and chocs so far, just low pps value. As long as you are writing everything down and allowing for it in your points, it's all good.

The only other thing I've been doing is cooking a lot - trying new recipes and making sure I'm getting some protein in at every meal.

Like I said, I'm hardly a guru, but if what I'm doing helps you, I'm happy to share. :D

you can hire them from crazyfitathome.ie it is very reasonable too. they take a deposit and some of the money on delivery and then they are taking 2 more payments every 4 weeks. its really good :D

you can hire them from crazyfitathome.ie it is very reasonable too. they take a deposit and some of the money on delivery and then they are taking 2 more payments every 4 weeks. its really good :D

I <3 those guys! Bought my treadmill from them! Really nice drivers. I would totally recommend them

they were lovely on the phone too. seem really nice. I cant wait for them to come. we will probably buy the threadmill too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

astra2000 wrote: »
    Hi guys Ive noticed over the last few pages that there are quiet a few of us with a lot of weight to lose, not that I am wishing weight on anyone but its great to know there are others in the same situation and we will be able to support each other here long term! Well done to you guys who have already lost lots and are still keeping with it to get to your goal, its great inspiration. I need to lose at least 4stone but 5.5 would be ideal, after reading about others weight loss it doesnt seem so unobtainable anymore.
    Thanks to everyone who posts I think this tread is more informative than any meeting I have ever been at:).

I totally agree astra, reading this thread has been such a support and inspiration, it is the only thing that keeps me going between meetings!

I have 5 stone to loose at least! Seeing people on hear saying that they too have large amounts to shift makes me feel like Im not alone on this journey. And hearing people say they have lost a couple of stone and are still going is fantastic. It makes you realise it can be done!

After my weigh in on Monday evening I was very disappointed with my results, so much so I had a little cry to myself in the car on the way home :(But I logged straight in here and got great support and kind words from others who really understand.

I too send out a big thanks to everyone on here for their posts and support and hope I can offer the same in return :)

• Advertisement

Can anyone help me out

For lunch tomorrow the work crowd wanna go out to Mezza on parliament street
    does anyone know it and would they do a salad kebab? Don't wanna waste my pp's on lunch but don't wanna be a party pooper either
    Or could anyone suggest something that I could eat on the menu

Thanks so much my WI is sat morning and ive worked so hard all wk don't wanna ruin it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Minx23 wrote: »
    Hey, I enjoyed this so much! Is there somewhere I can catch up on your older ones? x :)

Aww thank you!! There sure is!! I've 50videos up!!

All here, www.youtube.com/jwacqui, if you have a youtube account you can subscribe to my channel and you get an update when I post my new weekly video. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Whoops! Should have come on here earlier to read the thread. Might have stopped me having a binge. Was feeling a bit PMT & my youngest has been sick all day, so I am now 8 pps over for the day. First binge since I started back at WW, so very proud of myself. Have arranged to go for a walk with a friend in the morning, but may now have to cancel if she is still sick because I don't want to send her to nursery & let her infect everyone else! If she's not too bad, I may stick her in the buggy & bring her with me. Have to walk off all the rubbish I have just eaten:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

amira wrote: »
    Hi Birdie,
    I think you should determine your target as long as it's realistic and it's within the healthy BMI.. altho saying this, i realize i was never given a target.. is your leader suppose to tell you this? I only started this week.. should i ask her next week to tell me what my target should be?
    Hi Amira,
    I think the leaders let you get into it for a while and get on the road to healthy weight and see how you're getting on before setting a final goal, for me i suppose if the leader had told me at the start i should be aiming for 4.5 stone i would have gotten overawed by the prospect of having so much to lose. Whereas this week we discussed my overall goal and now that i've 2 stone down it looks manageable to get to 10 stone, so we're going to set it on the machine next week.
    The "Start" booklet in your pack gives 5%, 10% and ultimate goals for your height (pg29-31) so that gives a broad outline of where you should be heading for. Leaders generally advise to start out aiming for 5%, then at least you have little achievements to focus on rather than a seemingly insurmountable total. My doctor also told me that anyone who is overweight, no matter how much, will start seeing health benefits at 5%, so its a good place to start!
    Good luck with your journey!
    Eimear x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Hi guys I'm going out over the weekend and will be having Turkish food. Anyone know how many PP there might be in any dishes? I've checked online and can't find anything.

Keep up the weight loss everyone is doing great. Well done to all you guys who STS or gained this week for having the willpower to stay strong and not biow it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I'm wondering does anyone have any Lunch ideas that aren't too hight in points?

I love Melba Toast (2pp for a pack of 5 crackers) or Ryvita - 1PP each - 3 of them is loads! I have that with a salad of some kind - feta cheese with tomatoes, onion, lettuce and a balsamic dressing - yum yum!
    Or a WW pitta bread is only 3PP - with tuna and a bit of light mayo and you can bulk it out with tomatoes, onion etc. Yummy and low in points.
    And I make 0 point soup at the beginning of the week to do me throughout the week. (Freeze some and take it out the night before!)
    I find soup really filling for the afternoon and lovely and warm on these cold days! My lunch would normally work out at about 6-8 PP.

Well done to everyone who lost weight this week - long may it continue!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi Amira,
    The "Start" booklet in your pack gives 5%, 10% and ultimate goals for your height (pg29-31) so that gives a broad outline of where you should be heading for.

Thanks Eimear
    I saw the 5% and 10% goals in the booklet.. that will still be far from my final goal i'd say, but as you say it's a good start to focus on!

Been doing quite well so far.. but well, it's been only 2 days really.. and now the weekend is here and that's what i dread the most.. during the week is hardly any work to stick to it, it's the weekends when i seem to lose control.. we'll have to think of ways to keep my head busy with other things..

Anybody out there dreading the weekends too? what do you do to overcome weekends binge? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fendigal

Hi All,

Back on band wagon again for the new year, managed to loose 5lbs in first two wks but this wk nothing at all! i have not gone back to classes but just doin it myself at home. Is anybody still doing the old points system, im thinkin of reverting back to it. Just wondering wat the general opinion is?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

amira wrote: »
    Thanks Eimear
    I saw the 5% and 10% goals in the booklet.. that will still be far from my final goal i'd say, but as you say it's a good start to focus on!

Been doing quite well so far.. but well, it's been only 2 days really.. and now the weekend is here and that's what i dread the most.. during the week is hardly any work to stick to it, it's the weekends when i seem to lose control.. we'll have to think of ways to keep my head busy with other things..

Anybody out there dreading the weekends too? what do you do to overcome weekends binge? :confused:

Hi Amira, that book also gives the recommended weight for your height starting at the lowest end of scale to the highest.

Im also dreading the weekend, last weekend I was working so was easier to stay focused, this weekend I plan on filling up on fruit at lunch time so I will have extra points to do whatever I like.
    Don't forget you also have the extra 49 pp, which I admit I do have a slight fear of using them, but I do gather in my class people are using them and still losing weight!
    That 49 points would give you a nice dinner and a drink or 2, or if you went to the cinema etc it would come in very handy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

So had WI2 last night and was up 1.5lb!! Was so annoyed...I only went over my points of Saturday (by quite a few) and on Tuesday I went over by 1 but had my weekly's to cancel them out!! I had a 7lb loss last week so am still down 5.5lb in two week so its still great but it's so frustrating!!!

I'm not a fan of exercise at all but this week I'm really gonna get out there walking in the evenings and get the Wii out...I actually have fun on the Wii with the OH so it doesn't feel like I'm doing a workout!!

I normally get a chinese on the way home from WI to end that week and start fresh on Friday morning but I went so overboard last night out of anger...I feel sick this morning now from the overload of junk!! It was so unnecessary!!

Ah, I've drawn a line under last week and the scales won't recognise me next week from the amount of weight loss ha....one can only dream!! :) x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement