Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nursing in the uk after fetac?

Options
  • 13-09-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys I'm really considering doing nursing in the uk after the plc is finished, are uk colleges accepting of the plc or is it just as difficult to get a place in the uk? Please help, any advice from people who have done this would be amazing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RosemaryMcC

My daughter is doing her LC next year and does not know whether to study nursing in Eire or NI. I would like to know the financial differences! Why do you not want Eire?
    PS A neighbour did health and social care at LYIT when she was 5 points short of nursing and has now started nursing in uk this week. She did not have the maths grade for NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

It's one year less in college in UK/NI!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Idek

It's obviously more expensive in the uk bc no irish grant and I probably won't get ireland because it's very competitive for fetac students to gain entry to irish colleges :)
    How did your neighbour find the nursing interviews?
    Your daughter will be fine don't worry there's plcs

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Idek

It's one year less in college in UK/NI!

Yes the course is shorter but you have to stay an extra year to work off your the cost of your course on the nhs , according to the guidance counsellor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Idek wrote: »
    Yes the course is shorter but you have to stay an extra year to work off your the cost of your course on the nhs , according to the guidance counsellor

Have never heard that before! :/ I dont think that's true!

• Advertisement

NHS pay fees definitely and I am trying to find out if they pay the bursary of 400 pounds per month to irish students. I think if you study in NI as opposed to the UK you do get both. Never heard u had to repay cost of course but know you have to stay registered with NHS for one year.

My neighbour had interviews for Kingston and Worchester. Interviewed abou 26, came out and told about 6 that they would be informed by e-mail and the left. Then told those remaining they had got through. Very x-factor!! She did not even bother going to Kingtston interview.

NHS pay fees definitely and I am trying to find out if they pay the bursary of 400 pounds per month to irish students. I think if you study in NI as opposed to the UK you do get both. Never heard u had to repay cost of course but know you have to stay registered with NHS for one year.

Advertisement