Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Have some of this well 95% of the bottle as i only used it once, spent 30 quid or so last august, would that work ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpbCgvqadV7_nCeSg-Ob6YBk9iR0NScfipWdj0Ip0vw2h162UH

Also haha thats the applicator the dog ate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That would actually be a lot better than the NXT wax. A few coats of that will protect them very well. When you do get the proper stuff, you'll have to removed this off the wheels otherwise the proper stuff won't bond properly.

Gotcha i think cleancar are out of collonite atm anyway

Gotcha i think cleancar are out of collonite atm anyway

They are too, so are Detailing Shed. That'll show you how good it is :D

EDIT: 8,000 posts bitchezzz!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They were giving away a free applicator when I bout some 476s. Also from cleancar great to deal with. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

EDIT: 8,000 posts bitchezzz!!!!!!!!!!!

Not any more :P

Not any more :P

Screw you ya mod bastard!!!

Back again :D

Hmm

3_104_s.jpg

or

The chrome on black Ford ones to the right in the image, gel overlays for centrecaps btw

On the driver's side, a Ford one on the back wheel and an ST on the front and vice versa on the passenger side :D

If not, I'd go for the ST all 'round.

Feck it bought both, only 25 quid and one of these for steering wheel too eeeeeee:)

Ok time to hide credit card and go to bed :p

1-2_zpsb80be4f4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Latest purchase
    Image417_zps353d4d59.jpg

Beside a GT15
    Image425_zpsdaf19163.jpg

This will cure the sticking wastegate problem with the K14 :)

OSI wrote: »
    Was looking to get a new steering wheel badge for the GTI. Turns out it's part of the airbag assembly and to get a new one means a new airbag and cover to the tune of €600+ :confused:

Don't know about the GTI but on the ST its just a gel overlay like a good quality vinyl permanent sticker (easy to remove too)

Anyway back to work before im sacked :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Dropped the last bits needed for my engine down to the guys in DI Motorsport. Lets just hope and pray all goes well

396_10151383372467825_1804217807_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Put the Octavia in for its NCT this morning thinking it might fail on the front LCA rear bushings or the lights being to bright.
    It failed on slight play in the nearside wheel bearing, i replaced both rears in Feb :(

Photobucket was being gay, so trying Picasa.... Apologies in advance if the images are hoooge :)

So I was having trouble with 4 bolts. Break out the Plusgas :D
    Image430.jpg

Did it work?
    Image431.jpg

Oooooh yes :cool:

Turbine housing needed cleaning
    Image432.jpg

Halfway there
    Image433.jpg

Finally, I got it clocked :D
    Image434.jpg

Cleaned it up and removed the wastegate feed as will need to be repositioned
    Image435.jpg

And that concludes that :) Now I'm off to remove at least 15 tyres off rims.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That Plusgas is dynamite gear. Beardygit from here introduced it to me

Gary ITR wrote: »
    That Plusgas is dynamite gear. Beardygit from here introduced it to me

It's mighty stuff alright, always been a tin or aerosol of it in the garage, if it doesn't move it out with the gas :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

As a complete n00b I'm really impressed by how good your cars come up. Anyone care to list what I should get? Have the time to would love to get my golf TDI looking its best.

As a complete n00b I'm really impressed by how good your cars come up. Anyone care to list what I should get? Have the time to would love to get my golf TDI looking its best.

Linky A

Linky B

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Put the Octavia in for its NCT this morning thinking it might fail on the front LCA rear bushings or the lights being to bright.
    It failed on slight play in the nearside wheel bearing, i replaced both rears in Feb :(

I'd get that checked by a Mechanic and if it's fine (which it more than likely is) refuse to pay for a retest.

That happened me before (It was perfect) and when I put it back in for the retest (It failed on other bits) it passed no bother.

It's easy check it yourself anyway. Just jack it up and put you hands top and bottom and then left and right of the wheel and just try and shake it in and out. (Using an axle stand obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

dgt wrote: »
    Photobucket was being gay, so trying Picasa.... Apologies in advance if the images are hoooge :)

try http://imageshack.us/ , handy lil site, just need to get use to work with it.

Have you got new phone ? or camera? those pictures are brilliant :)

Mar4ix wrote: »
    try http://imageshack.us/ , handy lil site, just need to get use to work with it.

Have you got new phone ? or camera? those pictures are brilliant :)

I might sign up to that too! Using picasa, google photo thing....

Using the E5 for the photos recently, leaving the Supernova to one side for now.... Maybe permanently if I can get a bigger micro-sd card! :D

dgt wrote: »
    I might sign up to that too! Using picasa, google photo thing....

Using the E5 for the photos recently, leaving the Supernova to one side for now.... Maybe permanently if I can get a bigger micro-sd card! :D

try http://dx.com/s/micro-sd , not too expensive, free delivery to Ireland, good luck with findings :pac:

but in more serious note, i use to use this one -> http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/microsd.html

not bad price, free delivery , if spend certain small amount.

you have to get micro-sd card :D , we need more pictures :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Nct'd my car, failed on front axle tracking. I am blaming the 8 speed bumps they've put in on the entrance to work (well that and the speed i hit them at)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fuppin' speed bumps, i go over them at about 2mph, i bet everyone hates me if there stuck behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Fuppin' speed bumps, i go over them at about 2mph, i bet everyone hates me if there stuck behind me!

I've been known to go over speedbumps in 3rd gear :D

cletus wrote: »
    I've been known to go over speedbumps in 3rd gear :D

me no wonder, why your cars front failed on alignment :D

NCT passed early on the retest today after I swapped out worn drop links two weeks ago. My '93 Corolla now has a valid NCT for 14 months.

Hooray for cheap motoring!

bP9lRjY.jpg

Mar4ix wrote: »
    try http://dx.com/s/micro-sd , not too expensive, free delivery to Ireland, good luck with findings :pac:

but in more serious note, i use to use this one -> http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/microsd.html

not bad price, free delivery , if spend certain small amount.

you have to get micro-sd card :D , we need more pictures :D

No credit card :( Off to the local pc world tomorrow for me so, they don't seem dear :)

For now, waiting on a big circlips pliers :pac:

Also trying to substitute the a socket for the 2 bolts on a VE pump is a pain in my pancreas :(
    socket_key_for_VE_pump.jpg
    BoschBolt.jpg

Not my images

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Friday was a very bad day to get a puncture, found this in my rear righthand wheel...

20130322151814.jpg

Decided then that seeing as the wheel was off the car and it looked a right state that I'd give it a go at cleaning it up a notch. Probably unecessary as nobody see's that part but, meh, I know it's clean ;)

So it went from this

20130322152247.jpg

to this

20130323211105.jpg

to this

20130323211134.jpg

after a serious amount of elbow grease! A recession wheel refurb if you will..:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement