Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good dentists in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

No names, infraction will be given

Edit! Sorry, That's my own fault for not reading the charter!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

Hi,

need a good dentist in D2, near on Lowermount street, needs to do good work and open early morning.
    I need a few fillings (10+ years old) replaced.

Thanks to any who pm

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jamesieboy

Hi Guys,

Would really appreciate a PM to recommend a dentist in Dublin City Centre or Southside. What I'm after is:
    (1) Somebody who won't let out a judgemental sigh when he/she looks in my gob
    (2) Somebody who is open late during weekdays so I can go after work
    (3) Somebody who will be content to patch up my teeth and not insist that I get crowns or braces or anything else that winds up costing approximately as much as the downpayment on that new conservatory they've had their eye on.

Cheers,
    Jim

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

jamesieboy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Would really appreciate a PM to recommend a dentist in Dublin City Centre or Southside. What I'm after is:
    (3) Somebody who will be content to patch up my teeth and not insist that I get crowns or braces or anything else that winds up costing approximately as much as the downpayment on that new conservatory they've had their eye on.

Cheers,
    Jim
    Most dentists will always tell you everything thats wrong with your teeth as frankly they wouldnt be doing their job if they did.

You arent obliged to get anything done.

You arent obliged to get anything done

Fair point. Duly noted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

jamesieboy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Cheers,
    Jim

Best not to come to me Jim, I've got my eye on this one...

193611.jpg

Okay okay! I've been put in my box by the nimble wit of the pro-dental avengers. Mea culpa. Apologies if my initial criteria were a "tad" of a generalisation. I meant no offence to the profession or its members :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Put it this way.... if you went to the dentist and said "i just want a filling on my back molar" and the dentist did that.. a month later 4 of your teeth fell out that could have been saved.
    You'd be back at the dentists in no time going nuts that he didnt tell you anything else was wrong.

I hear you. Just want to keep the budget as low as possible. Not trying to take a cheap shot at dentists. If I've caused offence to any dentists that use this forum then please do not PM me your details. It is probably for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

A good dentist will do a complete examination probably including some X-rays. Talk to you about the issues he/she finds and draw up a treatment plan for you. There will be some items that are urgent like fillings, gum treatments etc and some that are less urgent like braces or advanced restorative work.

You can then decide what things you would like to have done and what you would not. If you have one major concern then the dentist will most likely try to treat this presenting complaint first.

Dentists see loads of gobs every day and will have seen plenty worse than yours, dont be touchy about oral hygiene advice. At the end of the day the worse you mouth is the more work there is for the dentist so they are delighted to see you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samenieida

Looking for someone in D15 or D11 area for x-ray to check how my wisdom teeth are coming along. Have some pain but not serious yet. If someone could PM me with details I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Looking for an excellent dentist in Dublin - City Centre, D3,4, 6, 8 etc. (will travel for someone good though). If open evenings that’s a bonus.

I’m quite a nervous patient and have had some poor experiences with dentists in the past so unfortunately not particularly trusting of the profession at the moment.

I need a dentist that is honest, has a good patient manner but most importantly is actually good at their job. Cost not really an issue.

Alternatively, can any dentists recommend a dentist that they would actually trust?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

lexa wrote: »
    Looking for an excellent dentist in Dublin - City Centre, D3,4, 6, 8 etc. (will travel for someone good though). If open evenings that’s a bonus.

I’m quite a nervous patient and have had some poor experiences with dentists in the past so unfortunately not particularly trusting of the profession at the moment.

I need a dentist that is honest, has a good patient manner but most importantly is actually good at their job. Cost not really an issue.

Alternatively, can any dentists recommend a dentist that they would actually trust?

Thanks

Hi Lexa, what work do you need done?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Hopefully just a check-up, scale and polish for now. I do have a tooth that’s a bit niggly and would like to get that checked, but it’s been that way for years so might not be anything. Otherwise I’d say I will need a bit of work in the future, so I’d like to have a relationship established with a dentist I can trust before the sh*t inevitably hits. I did go to the dentist at least every six months before but the dentist I used to go to (discovered by chance) behaved quite appallingly IMO, so need a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nicolas1501

Hey, can someone PM me contact of a good dentist in city center (Dublin 2)? I have a cut on my gum that need to be checked. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

Hi, looking for a dentist in Dublin City or on the southside and would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Hi, looking for a recommendation for Southside (D18) please, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Hi -
    Looking for a recommendation for a friend, Dublin 2 or 4.
    I've a great dentist in Dublin 6W but it's a bit too far away for my friend.
    Gentle manner important, the friend has not been in many years.
    Please PM me if you can recommend someone.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

quaalude wrote: »
    Hi -
    Looking for a recommendation for a friend, Dublin 2 or 4.
    I've a great dentist in Dublin 6W but it's a bit too far away for my friend.
    Gentle manner important, the friend has not been in many years.
    Please PM me if you can recommend someone.
    Thanks!

PM sent
    OS

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alochinn

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for any recommendations you might have for a dentist in the City Center (D1/D2).
    I haven't been to a dentist for a very long time (6 or 7 years) so if any of you have recommendations for a good dentist that is nice as well as good at their trade, even if its a bit further out I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance,
    Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

Hey,
    Im also looking for a dentist in Dublin city center.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

Hi, I'm still looking for recommendations in the Dublin area. I would really, really appreciate any. Thanks:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Hi Im looking for a good dentist in the city centre area or North Dublin, preferably someone who is open in the evenings after work and not too expensive? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Adelie

Looking for a dentist in South city centre, open evenings/weekends. Would be very happy to get your recommendations!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 A.Newtown

Hi,

Could someone PM me any recommendations of a good dentist in South Dublin (preferably Dublin 14)?

I need to get a crown done, any ideas of the cost?

Thanks very much.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Agnubis

Hi,

Could someone PM me any recommendation for a good dentist close to the city center ? Possibly not too expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭whimsey

Hi, can anyone recommend a good dentist in Dublin2 who is good and doesn't just rip off?
    Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

A.Newtown wrote: »
    Hi,

Could someone PM me any recommendations of a good dentist in South Dublin (preferably Dublin 14)?

I need to get a crown done, any ideas of the cost?

Thanks very much.

A

I had an extraction done on Monday but my dentist said a crown would have been more time in the chair and with the crown IIRC in the order €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 profti

Hi,

Could someone PM me any recommendation for a good dentist close to the city center ? Possibly not too expensive...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 julia3

Can someone recommend a dentist in Ranelagh/Clonskeagh/Belfield area???

PM me please!
    Hi it's my first time to use boards.ie. I'm not sure how this works but was wondering if anyone could recommend a dentist in clonskeagh?

Cheers!

p.s. preferably with a ct scanner

Advertisement