Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie O Sullivan. Stay or go.

Options
  • 16-03-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to see some poll results on whether the fans would like to see him stay or go.

So you consider him to be the reason for our nations under performing?

Should Eddie O Sullivan stay as Manager? 114 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    11% 13 votes
    I dont know? :/
    88% 101 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

The IRFU will carry out a review of Ireland's performance in this year's RBS 6 Nations with speculation mounting about the future of coach Eddie O'Sullivan.....

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/2008/0316/osullivane.html

Looks like he's a goner for sure with the IRFU showing little or no backing for him in the statement that's contained in the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

who has voted yes?explain your vote please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

dc69 wrote: »

+1 WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

That must have been Neil Francis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/2008/0316/osullivane.html

Looks like he's a goner for sure with the IRFU showing little or no backing for him in the statement that's contained in the link.

I think they want him gone, but they want to do it officially so it doesn't come back on them as them shafting him, but at the end of the day someone needs to stand up and be counted and do something, be it chopping Eddie, or forcing him to take the genesis report onboard. Rather than sacking by a faceless committee approved report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think he's got to go. Not sure who to replace him with, Kidney would probably get the nod, but I'm not convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Pretty conclusive

Id say the yes voters were just mistaking the question?

.. or Welsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

That must have been Neil Francis

The demise of eddie has left "Frano's" credibility as a sports journlist at a point where i would no longer take him seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

i think o sullivan has brought the team as far as he can take it, im a fan who appreciates all the good that has happened under eddies tenure as irish manager but after the mess that was the rwc and this seasons six nations, i think the end of the line has come for eddie and he knows it

I misread the question. I thought it said "Should EOS go?" :/
    oops.

Pacman makes up for all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Time is up for EOS. We need a new manager with new ideas to get the best out of this team. Time has been up since the WC tbh. Look at how a new manager envigorated Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

snyper wrote: »
    Pretty conclusive

Id say the yes voters were just mistaking the question?

.. or Welsh

Yeah I just misread the question and voted YES, should have been NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

He's gone, just a question of how they ease him out the door...it'll cost us though, some people reckon up to a Mil...nice work if you can get it...unless they sweeten the pill with the promise of a provincial management gig in the future...(if I was bradley, i'd be looking over me shoulder when ned heads back to Moyross...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭SameDifference

Is this poll really needed? at the moment 88.3 % of people who have voted have said he should kick rocks. The only good thing about the loss against England was to put another nail in his coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Maybe I'm far too forgiving but I was willing to give EOS a chance after the World Cup but after our 6N performance, he has to go. We need a new coach who doesn't have favourites, has new ideas and doesn't pick a team that's more difficult to get out of then onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He has to go, there's very little he can do now to motivate the players, that alone should see him removed, but also the ineptitude of his selection policy.

A few triple crowns and some wins against SH teams don't mask the fact that he's pissed away our most talented generation ever.

Wales have got 2 slams in 4 years with a team no more talented than ours, it's a fcuking shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

zAbbo wrote: »
    He has to go, there's very little he can do now to motivate the players, that alone should see him removed, but also the ineptitude of his selection policy.

A few triple crowns and some wins against SH teams don't mask the fact that he's pissed away our most talented generation ever.

Wales have got 2 slams in 4 years with a team no more talented than ours, it's a fcuking shame.

+1

Look at it this way, England are blooding new players that are 21,22 ish, same with France, we are blooding Buckley, aged 28, Heaslip aged 24 (?) Fitzgerald only got a look in from a clutter of injuries.

We've not got the best out of this team, and now we've got f*ck all to replace them with.

As I've said elsewhere, it's fairly obvious the talent that BOD has, and EOS has pissed that away using him as a crash ball merchant, BOD has had a dip in form since the WC, but it seems as if nothing was changed to help the player, he's aged, he's changed I don't think EOS has changed his image of how BOD should play or train.

Do I think we are a better team than the current Welsh team, yes, do I think we should have won the Grand Slam this year, yes, did we manage it, obviously not. Is that talent, time and effort wasted, yes. Is this the managers fault partly and he has to go to try change the other part, the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

well, just to answer, i posted a poll just to see how conclusive the feeling out there was among the fans.

I was a strong belever in EOS. But i think results dont lie, and out resuls in the WC, particularly against that bleeding African county with the team full of Farmers and Miners, was embarresing.

Sadly i dont know who will ake the change.. Warren Gatland failed with us. We have no hope of getting Jake White.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Im just worried now that if'/when he goes that our Summer Tours will have a caretaker manager and i could see that going really really bad, storm isnt over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Stev_o wrote: »
    Im just worried now that if'/when he goes that our Summer Tours will have a caretaker manager and i could see that going really really bad, storm isnt over yet.

Whatever way the summer tours go, its going to be bad...the tour to NZ is going to be a massacre unless wine into water style miracles are worked...it'll be a classic catch 22...send out the old fogeys for one last hurrah and take the sting out of the inevitable slaughter or risk destroying the young bloods confidence by having them minced by the AB's...its lose, lose and we'll just have to take the hit I'm afraid.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

I think we need a new manager and soon, and we'll then officially we'll be in a 'transition phase'. This should negate any hefty defeats we will surely receive in the summer tour. Nobody will judge the new guy too harshly if his reign begins with these games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Look at Wales. Instant action was taken after the World Cup, and now ... Grand slammers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I voted yes because I didn't read the question properly!:o
    O'Sullivan must go because he has squeezed every ounce of creativity and confidence out of a brilliant squad of players and the sooner he goes, the sooner the squad can get back to playing the sort of rugby that we know they are all capable of.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

he needs to go soon, i think Jack White should be approached about it and pay the money to get him.

I think Ireland has a lot of potentially good players to attract the best out there for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well, it seems likely that White is getting the England job.

Are all the people who voted yes close to Eddie? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

toomevara wrote: »
    Whatever way the summer tours go, its going to be bad...the tour to NZ is going to be a massacre unless wine into water style miracles are worked...it'll be a classic catch 22...send out the old fogeys for one last hurrah and take the sting out of the inevitable slaughter or risk destroying the young bloods confidence by having them minced by the AB's...its lose, lose and we'll just have to take the hit I'm afraid.....

great post,wine into water lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

I personally thought after the world cup they hould let him have a chance with the six nations, after some of the good work he had done in the past, But now I think his time is up. Not sure who they should get to replace him though White would be good but I think he'd prefer England.

Advertisement