Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland V England (Live)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

sioda wrote: »
    Hookie is slating both of them nothing new there

Has EOS been interviewed yet??

Since the games are so close together you don't get the interviews until after or tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its the end for Easterby, Marcus Horgan, Hayes IMO and EOS hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Marcus Horgan So you mean Marcus Horan Or Shane Horgan??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sorry meant Horan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭RugBeir

Time to rebuild. Fitzgerald and Carney are two good finds. O Gara is worn out at this stage, could do with a break so we need to find alternatives.
    Easterby , Horan, Hayes past their 'best before' date. Some of our better players have only 1 or 2 years left at the top. IMHO, EOS' tactics have actually done damage to players by suppressing their natural talent - eg. BOD, Darcy,Murphy. Hopefully it is not too late and under better management the team will regain a confidence that badly wained over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Jackz wrote: »
    Trimble sucks! Any time O' Gara used him he went into contact without passing.

I have been saying how CRAP Tremble is in a different thread for the last week and more or less been told to shut up, but now I am glad to see I am not the only one who thinks this way- he could take a few lessons from Noone on how to tackle before he leaves ENGURLAND this evening...

It is time the Irish briught in Jonah Lomu as a tackle coach...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

So what are the chances of getting Jake White to take over from EoS?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Still a few years Marcus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Stev_o wrote: »
    Kearney only had a good Wales game were it wasnt the hardest thing to stand out against 14 blunt players. Fitzgerald got his chance today and was lazy he got the ball once and was at the centre of faults for the Tait try. Maybe in a more matches for Leinster or Ireland tours he will improve but for me today he was just god damn lazy he didnt want to seem to get involved at all.

WE NEED TO FIND A SECOND PLAY MAKER!!!

You really don't like fitzgearld do you? Always bashing him, how was he lazy. He got the ball twice and did pretty well I thought one of the most eager players I saw out on the pitch. No person on the Irish team was 'lazy', just weren't good enough.

Its gone beyond the point of criticising individuals like Trimble or Horgan for having bad games, I don't see any argument in favour of keeping Eos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Redundo wrote: »

He doesnt like us so unless we offer him something in the very very high bracket it wont happen

• Advertisement

themont85 wrote: »
    You really don't like fitzgearld do you? Always bashing him, how was he lazy. He got the ball twice and did pretty well I thought one of the most eager players I saw out on the pitch. No person on the Irish team was 'lazy', just weren't good enough.

Its gone beyond the point of criticising individuals like Trimble or Horgan for having bad games, I don't see any argument in favour of keeping Eos.

Not really i dont like him when he gets his chance and doesnt use it. He got the ball twice in something like 30 minutes yet he managed to get it twice against Wales when we werent passing it so yeah go figure. He stands on his wing and stays there he hardly ever comes into the midfield to make a break which he can. Im not doubting his ability i doubt his attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Not really i dont like him when he gets his chance and doesnt use it. He got the ball twice in something like 30 minutes yet he managed to get it twice against Wales when we werent passing it so yeah go figure. He stands on his wing and stays there he hardly ever comes into the midfield to make a break which he can. Im not doubting his ability i doubt his attitude

Thats the biggest pile of crap I've ever read. Seriously how is his attitude wrong? He always looks eager to get the ball and got it more than twice in this game, but twice when he got it things happened.He was playing wing today, not centre so blatently is not going to get the ball as much especially with a)a bad midfield pairing together b)England were better than us and c)it was pissing rain the 2nd half.

themont85 wrote: »

Hmm i you just said there that he got it twice... now you'v changed your mind.

For a start O'Gara passed 74% of the time for the match, secondly he made one good run off Kearneys ball, he kicked away the ball after his break now common sense to a rugby player would to be hold onto the ball since you are loosing 30-10 why would you want to give the ball back.

Look at Kearney on the wing today and at fullback he came into the line at will in both positions he moved from both wings left and right, Luke stayed but.

Now you might ask then why im not tearing Bowe to piece but the truth is that he's just rubbish and hasnt shown something creative. Fitz if he bloody well sorts out himself can make into a devastating player but regardless of how good he is if he's just going to stand there and wait for the ball to come to him he'll never be regarded as a international class winger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Redundo wrote: »

Supposedly he's taking over from Ashton in next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Hmm i you just said there that he got it twice... now you'v changed your mind.

For a start O'Gara passed 74% of the time for the match, secondly he made one good run off Kearneys ball, he kicked away the ball after his break now common sense to a rugby player would to be hold onto the ball since you are loosing 30-10 why would you want to give the ball back.

Look at Kearney on the wing today and at fullback he came into the line at will in both positions he moved from both wings left and right, Luke stayed but.

Now you might ask then why im not tearing Bowe to piece but the truth is that he's just rubbish and hasnt shown something creative. Fitz if he bloody well sorts out himself can make into a devastating player but regardless of how good he is if he's just going to stand there and wait for the ball to come to him he'll never be regarded as a international class winger

Fitz was on the wing he can't do much unless hes passed the ball or a backline move involving him being brought into the line is called. He was passed the ball twice and on both occasions looked like he could create something and definitely looked both eager and determined despite not getting the ball much. His support was outstanding today.

Honestly I am getting the impression that you have opinion that wingers should just run into the centre of the pitch whenever they please and that if they dont they are lazy. It's called positioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

RugBeir wrote: »
    Even the Irish commentary are starting to sound like BBC with their eulogising of the new English superman. Sadly typical of the inferior (RTE) mindset.

Cipriani had a great game, what did you expect?

Fitz was on the wing he can't do much unless hes passed the ball or a backline move involving him being brought into the line is called. He was passed the ball twice and on both occasions looked like he could create something and definitely looked both eager and determined despite not getting the ball much. His support was outstanding today.

Honestly I am getting the impression that you have opinion that wingers should just run into the centre of the pitch whenever they please and that if they dont they are lazy. It's called positioning.

He actually can its not like he has shackles that prevent him from moving off the wing. You sound like you want him to stay on the wing there until he gets a pass and try create something.....

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=5WL2nT5ZuAs

That what he needs to be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Anybody see the post match interview with Cipriani on BBC?
    I didn't quite catch it but he must have said something controversial. It cut away to the studio and there were some vague mumblings about how he's still immature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I saw it but didnt notice anything contoversial.

Was on net at same time though so there couldve been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anybody see the post match interview with Cipriani on BBC?
    I didn't quite catch it but he must have said something controversial. It cut away to the studio and there were some vague mumblings about how he's still immature.

Just missed what he said aswell but I think it might have been something to do with Cipriani thinking he was man of the match when it was Noon, not sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭johncorleone

flyswatter wrote: »
    Just missed what he said aswell but I think it might have been something to do with Cipriani thinking he was man of the match when it was Noon, not sure though.

He cursed, and then said he couldn't believe he'd just cursed on national TV. It was an honest mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

End of a semi successful era.......

Its a pity that with the players we had and still have comming through, we have no playmaker. I will get slated as normal for saying anything negative about O'Gara.

As Captain today, he didn't lead the side for 80 minutes, he led for 15 mins.....and then faded away.....as usual the pressure got to him.

He has had some great days without doubt but all too often he has withered under any sort of real pressure.

We need to regroup and find a consistent out half.

Before that, the headache of replacing Hayes needs to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Cipriani said "f.uck" during the interview. Presume it was about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sroberts82

We didnt have any leaders out there today. O'Gara is not a leader. O'Connell can be but he wasn't today. No one was willing to stand up and have a go. They were all passing the responsibility. How we couldnt expose balshaw for the fraud he is I dont know. Didn't put him under pressure once.

He actually can its not like he has shackles that prevent him from moving off the wing. You sound like you want him to stay on the wing there until he gets a pass and try create something.....

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=5WL2nT5ZuAs

That what he needs to be doing

First try the ball came out his way.

Second try all he did was go inside his outside centre.

The last try he looped around and it was a well taken try but I find it ridiculous that you cite one example of brilliance from one of the world's best players and claim that because Fitz doesn't do it regularly he is lazy. Fitz did everything he was meant to do today and then some.

Oh and if Fitz was to loop around and run into the center of the field repeatedly like you say he should then you are leaving a massive gap defensively. its a risk that shouldn't be taken regularly.

O'Gara really didn't lead at all today. Watch him after England's second try head down saying nothing to those around really showed that he is not a natural leader or motivator. throughtout the game he seemed quiet.

Another telling factor was at the start when a few england players grabbed ROG and started pushing him. none of his teamates came to help him like we see regularly when BOD is targetted. Clearly the team doesnt have the SAME LEVEL of respect towards ROG that they have towards BOD

BOD is definitely the better option as captain... too bad hes past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Post match nonsense from EOS, classic eddie speak...i.e. impenetrable sh1te with no basis in fact:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7292589.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

why did he give o'gara the captaincy , hes got enough pressure as kicker already without that hanging over his head.
    OFF topic but the captaincy should be given to oconnell, even when odriscoll comes back. Oconnel is a consistent performer, agin he was irelands best player today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

We seem to be forgetting Paul O'Connell, who should have been captain today. :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

Is it any wonder this country fields rugby teams that resemble a lukewarm soggy salad ... Humphreys was given the shove when O'Gara came along ... now that O'Gara is showing signs of wear it's get rid of O'Gara time ... where is the loyalty/continuity? O'Driscoll (B) is having an awful run of bad luck with injury and now it's get rid of him ... what a bloody fickle lot of whingers.

I never liked the look of O'Sullivan and some of his decisions made me think ... politics rather than rugby is the order of the day there. It would be nice for this country to pick and train teams on the basis of ability rather than politics. The way things are going we may as well go back to the bad old days and have a committee pick the team.

Riv

Advertisement