Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift idea for Mum

• 20-04-2015 10:21am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I want to buy my mum a small gift for an upcoming week away.

My dad passed away last year and for a long time they had been unable to go anywhere. This is the first time she has been away for ages. She is going for a midweek break with a friend.

She's very fussy and doesn't really appreciate much - sounds awful, but she is dreadful to buy for.

I just wanted to buy her something to say I'm happy and okay with this. Was thinking of a travel gift set?

Any other suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That's a lovely idea. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

If she's going to a hotel how about having champagne in her room when she arrives? You could have a nice card with the champagne to wish her a lovely well deserved break and say you're thinking of her. Or pre-paying for a spa session of some sort? Or dinner?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Thanks.

Now that is something that I personally would love, however.... she doesn't drink, doesn't enjoy food and would have no interest in being pampered!

She has just turned 70 and like I said is very difficult to buy for!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

:eek: oh dear :D Well she does have to eat, so at least dinner has to be done and saving money on having someone else paying for it might be a good thing in her eyes?

Or how about a day trip in the area? A bus tour? A boat tour? She doesn't like day trips does she? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I've a feeling the break she is going on is all inclusive - trips included kind of holiday!

She's not very adventurous bless her, but at least this is getting her out!

She does like walking, might look at something along those lines!

Advertisement