Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Present...help!

Options
  • 27-11-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Need some help for a xmas present for my GF.
    She is 23. My budget is 100 to 200 euro.

I was thinking of getting her a personalised ipod nano but her friend told me she might not use it that much. She suggested something like a spa for the two of us. But I think that might be out of my range.
    She also suggested theater tickets, but again, I have no idea where to start looking.

She likes to stay fit and healthy (not into sport though), she loves to travel (she is foreign, hasn't seen a lot if Ireland), she wouldn't like if I tried to buy her clothes (neither would I!!!).

I was also thinking that maybe I would be better off buying lots of smaller presents rather than one big one........I'm not sure.

Opinions or help would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Enaeknala

If u google 'personalised teddys' there really nice if u were getting her a few small presents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

yeah a basic spa treatment costs a fortune but you could get a gift voucher for a spa to your budget...they tend to be seriously well wrapped in luxury gift wrapping....try Spafinder maybe, www.giftcardshop.ie has loads of hotel gift vouchers, theatre gift vouchers are easy to buy too I'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

surely everyone would use an ipod??!

or how about a nintendo wii fit??

i always love little gifts...stocking fillers like!! my boyf got me some gorgeous charms from pilgrim jewellery last year as part of my pressie...they are fab!! there is a pilgrim store in dundrum town centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fatz1966

If you are going to use Spafinder, be aware that their Irish website has not been live for 3+ years and there are only a few venues available in Ireland (5 venues, I think) - none in Cork. They have now taken over a month to process a refund (the finance director is on holidays, so they can't process the €100 until he returns).

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Fatz1966 wrote: »
    If you are going to use Spafinder, be aware that their Irish website has not been live for 3+ years and there are only a few venues available in Ireland (5 venues, I think) - none in Cork. They have now taken over a month to process a refund (the finance director is on holidays, so they can't process the €100 until he returns).

This thread is six years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Aeternum wrote: »
    This thread is six years old

This.

Please don't bump such old threads. If you have a consumer issue there's a consumer issues forum.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement