Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 toll and uk plate

• 14-04-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

My father has returned home from UK for 2 weeks. He lives in Mainland UK and has a UK reg car. He has just asked me to pay the eflow toll that he passed when coming out of Dublin to head to the west. On the website it says you can only pay for journeys made the day before or today. How does he pay now or does he need not to worry as he has a UK reg car?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

snaps wrote: »
    My father has returned home from UK for 2 weeks. He lives in Mainland UK and has a UK reg car. He has just asked me to pay the eflow toll that he passed when coming out of Dublin to head to the west. On the website it says you can only pay for journeys made the day before or today. How does he pay now or does he need not to worry as he has a UK reg car?
    Give them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

snaps wrote: »

Been through the toll a few time with UK plates and never heard anything about it. I would say he is safe enough to not worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is possible they might give the plate details to a tame debt collector in the UK to buy the details off the DVLA for £2.50, and then send a bill for 40 or 50 quid. These can be safely ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

A work colleague with a UK reg received the usual overdue notice posted to their home address in England last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I've forgot to pay it a few times and when I phoned up they just charged me the normal fee without any penalty on it.

• Advertisement

A work colleague with a UK reg received the usual overdue notice posted to their home address in England last week.
    Which can be ignored if they so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ARGINITE wrote: »
    Been through the toll a few time with UK plates and never heard anything about it. I would say he is safe enough to not worry about it.
    OP's father asked them to pay it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

well ive paid it as normal even though its a few hours late. Seems a short time spell to have to pay it if your travelling. So hopefully there will be no come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

No need to pay anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Which can be ignored if they so wish.

Can you let me know why this is? I've been pretty compliant in registering my cars (UK plates, here on trips) for efliw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Maybe he once paid it before and hence gave them his address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I went through the toll in the Bora on UK plates a few times after I bought it.

Since I bought it from a mate, he was able to personally hand me the letter that arrived at his home looking for payment.

There wwas no fine though. I was quite surprised because it had a UK payment option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭eFlow: John

Hi Snaps,

If you would like to send a PM I can look into it for you.

PM me (Ciaran and Una) the car reg, approx date and time of the journeys. For data protection reasons, I would not be able to disclose all the info.

Standing by,

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I know a sales rep from the North who covers all of Ireland so uses the M50 quite alot. He said he would not bother paying the toll when they change to free flow. Then after the tolls started to add up his head company started receiving letters for the charges and fines for his company car reg.

I doubt they go after people with foreign reg's if they only use the M50 once or twice as it wouldn't be economically worthwhile for them. If you did it regularly then will come after you with legal letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

It's funny the way you can type any old made up reg into the online payment page and they will just take your money. Is better to call them and verify if they have a record of you passing. Though whether or not they will give you an honest answer...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Hi Snaps,

If you would like to send a PM I can look into it for you.

PM me (Ciaran and Una) the car reg, approx date and time of the journeys. For data protection reasons, I would not be able to disclose all the info.

Standing by,

John

eFlow John,

Can you clarify here if foreign reg vehicles have to pay the m50 toll please?

Of course they are supposed to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭eFlow: Una

el tel wrote: »
    It's funny the way you can type any old made up reg into the online payment page and they will just take your money. Is better to call them and verify if they have a record of you passing. Though whether or not they will give you an honest answer...
    Hi El Tel, if payment is made against the incorrect licence plate number, the money is just held as credit against that number – it does not go anywhere and will be transferred to the correct licence plate number once the customer alerts us to it.
    MidlandsM wrote: »
    Can you clarify here if foreign reg vehicles have to pay the m50 toll please?
    Hi MidlandsM, all licence plate numbers are read going through the M50 toll – by camera and then manually – and would all be liable for payment. Sometimes there can be a delay reading the plate if it is an unusual number, but it is still required that the toll be paid.

Regards :)
    Una

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

How do you find the owner's details of a UK registered car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I can't copy and paste but they say something about European collection Agencies in their FAQ.
    Not sure if they have any legal powers ,I stand to be corrected.

http://www.eflow.ie/faq/BEF.MGCO.REC.117/#P_F

• Advertisement

They have no legal powers beyond that of a private citizen.

Eflow would have to issue their own proceedings in the country concerned.

Their biggest problem is getting the details in the first place. The DVLA are a soft touch as they will sell you the name and address for £2.50 a go. Other countries will not disclose details at all.

Advertisement