Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Office Season 8 [NBC - Spoilers]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Thargor wrote: »
    "Then I swoop in like a sexual predator!" :p

It's been an excellent 10 or so episodes.

• Creed slapping Meredith was the first time I've laughed out loud this whole season - not saying other episodes weren't good, but that was just excellent. Creed is one of the best characters, so underused, which actually sorta works for him - when he's used, it's like comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Creed slapping Meredith was the first time I've laughed out loud this whole season - not saying other episodes weren't good, but that was just excellent. Creed is one of the best characters, so underused, which actually sorta works for him - when he's used, it's like comedy gold.

so true, he's my favorite, the cartwheel episode was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

will they be a seaon 9? so spader is going, i wonder how america is taking to katherine tate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Honestly, I could just watch an entire show about the Florida crew, I don't really care about anyone in the office apart from Creed. The last episode was great in parts (Florida), crap in others (the office).

Glad that Spader is going. If only they got rid of Tate too.

• If they ever do a spin-off series, it would be great if it were based around the Sabre shops, with the current cast up there manning the stores, plus it would be a great way to bring in some new faces.

But, alas, that is unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I had utterly given up on The Office once Carell left. I have to say, however, after having watched most of S8 in the last few days, I've really enjoyed it. It's not as good as when it was at the top of its game, but the last few seasons with Carell had most of the actors phoning in their roles, but with Helms at the helm (:)) there seems to a bit of a buzz back in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

For me, it's not about Helms at all, and I don't particularly find him good as a boss. They just put him there because he's the most famous of them.

What has made it good is that they've brought back the whole Dwight-Jim dynamic, which provides most of the jokes, and sending arguably the best characters off to Florida for 6 weeks has helped big time in the last few episodes.

So yeah, better than I thought, but realy still not a patch on before. The actual office sections are really poor, I get the feeling they'd be much better with Carrell still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

After a dismal 7 or so episodes the office has become funny again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

The last few episodes were great. Seems to be getting funnier now too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Really been on the up and up. The fight between Dwight and Jim was a scene that I sort of thought was going to be shockingly bad when it started; but they really pulled it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Last nights episode was disappointing compared to the last few episodes. Far too much Nellie and Robert California, neither of whom are in the least bit funny. Did not like the Andy and Erin storyline, just trying to turn them into Jim and Pam Mark II. Hopefully this was only a minor blip and the show will continue to be strong but if Nellie continues to be a prominent character I really doubt it.

Very poor episode. Not a single laugh in it TBH... time to get rid of Robert and Nellie IMO.

• I love the fact that Creed Bratton plays a fictional version of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Erin is so bleedin annoying! She's not cute or endearing, she's just a total moron. If anything she seems like she might have a mild learning disability.

I can't believe they brought back Catherine Tate, she has actually overtaken Robert California in the awful character stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

phasers wrote: »
    Erin is so bleedin annoying! She's not cute or endearing, she's just a total moron. If anything she seems like she might have a mild learning disability.

She's hot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rubbish episode. I sort of like Robert California in small doses but Nellie is just stupid. How many times are they going to recycle the gag where she pretends some nonsense is 'a thing' in British English and then reveals it's not actually a thing at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

After the Florida storyline some hope was restored in this show, but the last episode was so bad it was cringeworthy.

A good way to see how bad it's gotten is to compare the feeling when Jim finally told Pam he loves her, as opposed to Andy telling Erin.

Just don't care about the characters at all now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A good way to see how bad it's gotten is to compare the feeling when Jim finally told Pam he loves her, as opposed to Andy telling Erin.

Personally I felt 'that's this show done for' at the former and precisely nothing at the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Andy shaving in the ocean was brilliant I thought, along with his little monologue. "Little did I know Talhassee was 200 miles inland".

But Nellie annoys the hell out of me, along with Robert California. Gabe needs more screentime alnog with Creed.

But I have to admit, the show is getting a bit stale now.

Last week's episode was god awful. who has decided to make Catherine Tate a recurring character? That along with the boring Andy and Erin rubbish is destroying what little humour the show had left.

This week's episode was... just odd. It didn't even feel like The Office. Then Andy grew some balls and the rest of the episode was pretty good. They're insane to get rid of Andy if that's what is happening!

• The only moment I laughed in that whole episode is when Daryl commented on Andy not like that wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

No idea what they're trying to do with the show but it's just not funny anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

That episode was the nail in this show's coffin. Retreating to really bad penis jokes is as bad as it gets.

So is Andy gone now? and they're sticking with Catherine Tate?

• Well, according to sidereel.com, who I find pretty excellent for TV show news, various stars are leaving such as Ed Helms, Paul Lieberstein, and Mindy Kaling. So it looks like Andy might just be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Abysmal alright, reminds me of the Simpson's the way the genius comedy moments just died off but instead of getting canceled they just kept churning out blandness every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I think it is best for everyone that they just cancel the show. It is not even funny anymore, it is even a little bit sad to watch because of how far the show has fallen.

Advertisement