Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tankfest 2015

• 11-02-2015 4:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Aside from the Cry Havoc usual suspects going, are there normal boardsies going?

This they'll have a running Panzer 38(t), type 95 Ha Go and Matilda (the senior, not the original machine guns only one). Additonally there'll be a fly past by an original WW2 Spitfire, much in the same way they had a Mustang in d-day stripes last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Haven't decided if I'm going with the Cry Havoc group yet but would be great to meet some boardsies there too.

Any idea if the restoration hangar will be open this year again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There seemed a fair bit of interest last year in it. There was a constant flow of people inside, even if it was cramped. Given the freaks in there, like the FV4202, T14, Excelsior, the interest from WoT players is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, it wasn't open in 2013 and I wasn't last year so hoping they'll have it re-opened.

By the way, was the Irish Rolls-Royce armoured car there last year? I was talking to the soldiers with it in 2013 and they said they were invited back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Sliabh na mBán? They were right out in front of the restoration shed, and Challenger did a video bit with them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I actually would love to go this year. I was talking with one of the lads from north. We might organise going there for a whole weekend. Other few moved to england now, so they would join us too.

Is there boards.ie group going too? If the lads wont go, I would join boardsies.

• Advertisement

I'll be going as part of Cry Havoc, but boardsie are of course free to say hello.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »
    I'll be going as part of Cry Havoc, but boardsie are of course free to say hello.
    Would love to make it over. Whats the transport situation like? Do you have a group plan or just meet up.

Trains from London Waterloo stop nearby at Wool station. I think late flight in,cheap hotel then dawn train to Wool to get full day there is possible (with flight home around 8-9pm)

http://www.tankmuseum.org/whats-on/events/bovevt37899

There'll be a large contingent from Cry Havoc, so we've arranged group accommodation. This also includes a far car loads traveling over as a convoy effectively.

Advertisement