Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

convert passat into crew cab van

• 09-08-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

What is needed to convert an estate into a van?
    do ye think it's possible to convert a vw passat estate into a crew cab van?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

it doesnt meet the space requirements for a crewcab , it can eb converted into a 2 seater commercial but will attract 13.3% vrt if your importing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

There's commercial versions on sale anyway afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cristian9108

i already have a 1.8 passat estate with tinted windows, and i use it more for me and windows washing, so this car is great for me as a van.
    still, what changes do i have to do, to make it a van?

i already have a 1.8 passat estate, and i use it more for me and windows washing, so this car is great for me as a van

by any chance is it blue and were you doing a job in terenure mid last week ?

and why would you convert it then ? handy to keep as a car, and youd probably never shift it as a van

Difference is roadtax wouldn't be much of a saving, €200 ish a year ?

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Difference is roadtax wouldn't be much of a saving, €200 ish a year ?
    well the tax, maybe not soo much but the insurance yes

by any chance is it blue and were you doing a job in terenure mid last week ?

and why would you convert it then ? handy to keep as a car, and youd probably never shift it as a van
    my car is grey with tinted windows:D

it doesnt meet the space requirements for a crewcab , it can eb converted into a 2 seater commercial but will attract 13.3% vrt if your importing
    where can i get the space requirements for a crew cab?

where can i get the space requirements for a crew cab?

there on the vrt website somewhere, but it has to have a wheelbase of 2.4 meters, a gvw over 2400kg and 45% of the cabin space has to be cargo, a solid bulkhead has to be installed

Advertisement