Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Armored Warfare beta access packages

• 30-04-2015 8:52am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Well AW has released their first set of packages for beta inc. name reservation etc. here; to be honest those prices seem quite reasonbly priced to be honest (and I'll admitt I'll probably buy the Lord of War package; same way I did for MechWarrior online and only played for an hour to date).

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The contents seem a bit one sided though. No tank in the bottom package, but 4 in the top one? Also using a production vehicle like the BMPT as a premium seems a slightly odd choice. But at least the top package is good value.

This is a better link for comparing them:

http://aw.my.com/us/founders-packs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

lovely, roll on the 27th

I have burned out on WoT, my six year old plays my account now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

kingtiger wrote: »
    lovely, roll on the 27th

I have burned out on WoT, my six year old plays my account now :)

My god man. Think of your stats! :D

My god man. Think of your stats! :D

indeed :)

only gone from 56% to 54% so hes doing pretty well, hes not bad in the Type, he got 5 kills yesterday in it

Test is available for download (13.68GB)

http://aw.my.com/us/ea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Early access testing starts today:

CURRENT TEST: MAY 27th to JUNE 3rd.

EU Server:
    6pm – 9pm CEST on weekdays
    5pm – 10pm CEST on weekends
    NA Server:
    8pm – 11pm ET on weekdays
    7pm – midnight ET on weekends

Recommended System requirements:
    Video card: GeForce GTX 275 or similar
    Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (4 cores) or similar
    Memory: 4GB
    Operating systems: Windows Vista, 7, 8 (64 bits)

32-bit systems are temporarily not supported, the support of such systems will be added in the future as a part of the game optimization process

More details on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Not sure my laptop will run it.. I have an i5-4300 @ 2.5Ghz... 8Gb of RAM... but an embedded Intel HD Graphics 4400 card.... so looks like I will stick with WOT..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

tempted by the 65e package...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finally got to play tonight and this game is bloody beautiful and fun! Seriously if you get a chance do try it out because I'm currently in love (all of two games in :P )

Ok; got in some more games before I had to stop for the night. The game looks beautiful atm; running into indestructible buildings will still show the "rooms" behind it. It also has great weather effects (i.e. rain showing on your monitor etc.). Map sizes currently feels about similar to WoT without the hard coded corridors (you can easily go down "non standard" routes rather than following roads etc.).

You have multiple different ammunition types (even at tier 1 you can unlock 4 different types for each tank) which feels similar to what I'm hearing from War Thunder and you can bring various types (which take up various amount of space) and change during combat (or at next reload). You can lock on with right click or aim your own shots for targeting specific modules etc. Not got to upgrade my crew skills yet but there are perks to be unlocked. Some tanks can also highlight you for additional damage from the enemy team.

Next tier up is usually unlocked by reputation (think experience) but to move sideways you usually have other unlock requirements (i.e. to unlock Arty I need to have played 60 games with tanks from that company (company = country in WoT) or earned X rep in the company across all tanks ec.).

Still a complete n00b to it but it feels intuitive enough; it looks brilliant to be honest and if you get a chance definitely give it a spin. There's nothing like hearing a big plane roar above you or choppers flying over you in a city to really give you the right feeling that you're there and it's very much a "just one more game before I quit" game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Was watching a twitch channel (CaptainMuffler - he's a Dub, might be on here??) and the game looks very good so far. Looking forward to it. Really surprised by the number of afk players, possibly players crashing to desktop which could be understandable in a game still in development. There also seemed to be a fair old number of fecking donkeys playing.

And as usual, the yanks get way cheaper early access.

I was looking at some vids there. It just looks like a prettier/reskinned WoT?? I thought there was supposedly more to this game?

I was looking at some vids there. It just looks like a prettier/reskinned WoT?? I thought there was supposedly more to this game?
    Well atm it is mainly a reskinned WoT because everyone are driving down low tier tanks and they only have PvP group mode enabled. They have promised full PvE style games as well but those are not available to the general beta testers yet along with the noticeable differnational of tanks to come (i.e. rocket launchers with lock on etc.).

Nody wrote: »
    Well atm it is mainly a reskinned WoT because everyone are driving down low tier tanks and they only have PvP group mode enabled. They have promised full PvE style games as well but those are not available to the general beta testers yet along with the noticeable differnational of tanks to come (i.e. rocket launchers with lock on etc.).

Ah OK. I vaguely remember (made up in my head) that the game would be very different to WoT. Ie light tanks had special skills rather than just being fast scouts etc and so on.

Ah OK. I vaguely remember (made up in my head) that the game would be very different to WoT. Ie light tanks had special skills rather than just being fast scouts etc and so on.
    There is some of it showing up; there are lock on abilities to increase damage on tanks etc. or smoke to stop the lock but most tanks don't have such abilities (or players like me are clueless on how to use them :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

so, whos playing tonight?

thanks to vikingg i got an ea key, so will be balls deep in aw tonight!!

i really need a break from wot, i dont really play any other games. sick of the counter strike, world of warcraft blah blah blah...

i dont think i will leave wot altogether, but having 2 tank games will make the clicker induced stress of wot easier to digest, just stop playing and play aw..

thanks again VikingG :)

in game name is copeyhagen for AW

Advertisement