Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cinema ennis road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Voy wrote: »
    What is that?

I see in Dublin cineworld do an unlimited card. It's €19.99 a month and you get unlimited entry to the movies.

Something along those lines would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

That is pretty decent alright. Would probably depend on the selection though. Might only be two good movies around in a month so wouldn't be much of a saving over just buying the ticket.

Could also end up having to justify buying it to yourself and watching Adam Sandler play himself and his twin sister.

Voy wrote: »
    Could also end up having to justify buying it to yourself and watching Adam Sandler play himself and his twin sister.

Think thats were they'd make their money. Where it would work for the customer would most likely be during the likes of the summer when a lot of blockbusters would come out and you might have 4 or 5 good films out in a month.

I suppose if you are a big into going to movies and willing to try all kinds of movies it is a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

is this opening today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

is this opening today?

Supposed to be ya,they were doing a lot of work to the outside of the cinema yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Supposed to be ya,they were doing a lot of work to the outside of the cinema yesterday

cool one of the lads here wanted to know.....i wouldnt venture out that way myself

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Jofspring wrote: »
    I see in Dublin cineworld do an unlimited card. It's €19.99 a month and you get unlimited entry to the movies.

Something along those lines would be great.

Don't many of the "unlimited" schemes come with T&C that include certain times?

Kess73 wrote: »
    Don't many of the "unlimited" schemes come with T&C that include certain times?

Don't know to be honest but I'd say your right.

They had a special screening of John carter in 3d last night for people who rang and won a competition. From the people's responses on Facebook they where very happy with it and said the seats where comfortable with lots of leg room. I'd say they showed it in the VIP screen though.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Don't know to be honest but I'd say your right.

They had a special screening of John carter in 3d last night for people who rang and won a competition. From the people's responses on Facebook they where very happy with it and said the seats where comfortable with lots of leg room. I'd say they showed it in the VIP screen though.

I'm just going by how the unlimited cards work in many of the cinemas that do them in the UK. Might be different in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

I hope they have butter for the popcorn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Went there tonight. The good - friendly staff and even though we were in screen 7 it was a decent size screen (some of the screens in the omniplex are tiny).

The Bad: Seats are very 'upright' with short base cushions. You can lean back on them but the snap back up very abruptly. Not very comfortable to be honest.

Don't know if all the seats are like that - what do other baordsie's think?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What about the important stuff? Cost of tickets and food? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Mr E wrote: »
    What about the important stuff? Cost of tickets and food? :)

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=SHOWTIMEL&p=tickets&perfCode=258

vs

https://www.stormcinemas.ie/booking_interactive/book/m/100317/John+Carter+3D//s/201/p/7CD10000023DGRWODC

vs

https://booking.omniplex.ie/new/book_3.asp?site=limerick&siteid=24&indate=20120319&relnum=3970&performid=138667

that's e9 (Showtime) vs e13.20(Storm) vs e10.10(Omniplex) on Monday evening for John Carter in 3d. 35% cheaper Showtime vs Storm and only 10% cheaper Showtime vs Omniplex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

great value, great staff,screen was a fine size as well, very comfy ive 2 crushed discs in my back and found the seats very comfy :) i paid 27.70 for 2 tickets and a large combo meal very happy customer and i will be returnng :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

can't see myself goin here over omniplex when they have €4 offer on O2 treats!! Seats sounds dodgy too, being very tall I hate the recliners in Storm, when someone reclines in front of ya yer ****ed.

I thought the seats were OK for about an hour, but then I was squirming to get comfortable. I think the part you sit on a few inches shorter than it should be.

I went to see 21 Jump Street and the screen was cropped at the top and bottom. Hopefully just a teething issue.

Good value though, and the place is spotless (for now!)

Out of the 3 cinemas in Limerick, this is the furthest away from me and least accessible (I have to go through town, up by King John's Castle, or pay a toll on the tunnel), so I don't know if I'll be a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

can't see myself goin here over omniplex when they have €4 offer on O2 treats!! Seats sounds dodgy too, being very tall I hate the recliners in Storm, when someone reclines in front of ya yer ****ed.

I live near the omniplex so it makes more sense (and its cheaper) to go there but I'll probably go see something in showtime tonight, while it has that new cinema smell :pac: is it fully finished inside or are they still decorating and the like? anyone find the pic and sound quality better than storm (wouldnt be hard) or the omniplex?

Still has that new cinema smell, that's for sure. The place is 100% complete as far as I can see, and the sound quality is the best of the 3 cinemas.

Let us know what you think!

Mr E wrote: »
    Still has that new cinema smell, that's for sure. The place is 100% complete as far as I can see, and the sound quality is the best of the 3 cinemas.

Let us know what you think!

You work there?

No, us as in the readers of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Went there tonight.

Paid 7e for a student ticket.

Sound and picture were both superb, much better than Storm or the Omniplex. Definetly best cinema in town in terms of quality.

going later, hope they keep the standards up, Storm was brilliant when it first opened and took a nosedive in the past few years, omniplex were crap then upped their game a lot once the 3D and digital projectors came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

I'm fairly certain the 4€ O2 treats in omniplex has now been stopped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

So has it been busy\packed? going to see john carter tonight. always been paranoid about cinema's, lost count of the amount of times i queued outside the carlton ony to be told it was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

RVN10 wrote: »

Just checked, still on the site

I read somewhere lately they were stopping it because people were frauding tickets r something along those lines

I read somewhere lately they were stopping it because people were frauding tickets r something along those lines

It went for a few days but its back now

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

It did stop for a few days, but started again once they organised a policy of actually checking the codes...

Last time I was in Storm there were only 2 of us in the whole theatre, time before that there were 6! Someone sitting in front of you isn't a prob anymore:p

Oh that's handy so :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Went there last night, was impressed by the place, seats are pretty comfortable. Hope it takes off and does well, there was only 4 of us in the 18:20 john Carter showing.

Advertisement