Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DVD Audio Ripping

Options
  • 07-04-2006 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

anyone know of and/or use a good mac dvd audio ripper that also splits the tracks into the chapters?

m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

The one I've used before is Handbrake.
    Can't remember if it splits the tracks up, don't think it does.
    Thats easy enough though with other audio only programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

handbrake and mactheripper are the most common ones.

as above, im not sure if they do exactly what you need though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 milju2001

cheers

i have used handbrake but you can't do video and audio seperately. i want one that allows me just to choose audio to say aac or mp3 format.

m

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

milju2001 wrote:
    cheers

i have used handbrake but you can't do video and audio seperately. i want one that allows me just to choose audio to say aac or mp3 format.

m

Why not just take the audio from the MPEG2 stream after ripping?

Thats what I did on the PC anyway. Im sure iDVD could do it, if not then FCP, premiere or prettymuch any video editing package should allow you to save the sound seperately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa

milju2001 wrote:
    cheers

m

You can use Mac The Ripper to rip the DVD, then use MPEG Streamclip to split the result into seperate video and audio files.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 milju2001

turns out i can do exactly what i want in quicktime. take my mp4 of individual song i want. export as aiff and them convert to aac in itunes. nice.

cheers everyone

Advertisement