Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

cathy01 wrote: »
    could some of you guys give a sample menue of what your eating for inspiration?Im hoping to join next week, they have a parent and toddler session in Balbriggan so I can bring my baby.:D

Thought all slimming world classes were kid friendly...as in didn't matter of the time? maybe it depends on the venue.

My sample when I'm doing it right :pac:

Breakfast: 30g packet of porridge oats with some sprinkles of golden linseed, raisins, seasme seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, ground almonds. Banana. Pint glass of water. Healthy extra milk allowance use bit for the porridge. (the seeds/raisins etc are syned)

Lunch: Two slices bread(healthy extra) lettuce, shallot, tomato, ham. Pint glass of water. Muller Light vanilla with dark chocolate sprinkles. Use remaining milk allowance.

Dinner: Chicken, mashed spuds, mushy peas, red+yellow+green peppers, red onions, mushrooms(these veggies fried using fry light), roasted carrots and parsnips. 1-2 pint glasses of water

Snacks: Maybe another Muller light yogurt. Grapes+strawberries chopped up with a dollop or two of fat free natural yogurt. Sugar snap peas. Slice of ham or any leftover dinner!
    Alexh wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help girls, hopefully i see results on Wed. Alot of people in my family have lost massive amounts of weight.

Sample of today for me was.

Breakfast: 35g porridge oats made with water, had grapes and blueberries with it. I tsp Sugar 1 Syn

Lunch: Mullerlight strawberry, had a bannana with it.

Snack: Cup of tea with 4 pink 'n' whites which I sinned at 10 Syns.

Dinner: noodles, mushrooms, onion and red pepper, with some soy sauce.

I measured 250ml of semi skimmed milk. So I have had 11 Syns so far.

I am new to slimming world so I'm not sure if that's good or not. Hth

Was the tsp of sugar a level tsp? because if it wasn't ya would have to add more syns. Have you tried Canderal yet? It's artifical sweetener and it's free so ya would be able to have your heaped tsp of it in your tea. So that would free up that 1 syn for ya :D

Under the new pack you are allowed 30g of porridge oats as a healthy B extra so that extra 5g you had might have to be put at 1 syn. But I wouldn't worry too much about that as it is still good for you!

This weekend has been bit hectic haven't had much time to cook for myself but nibbling on mostly free stuff. Had a kids birthday party tonight and did nibble on some chocolate buttons and crisps but I allowed my syns for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Having an off week this week I must say, it's because I know I don't have to get weighed this week because I'm going away for a week! Boo!

Will get it right yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Thought all slimming world classes were kid friendly...as in didn't matter of the time? maybe it depends on the venue.

My sample when I'm doing it right :pac:

Breakfast: 30g packet of porridge oats with some sprinkles of golden linseed, raisins, seasme seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, ground almonds. Banana. Pint glass of water. Healthy extra milk allowance use bit for the porridge. (the seeds/raisins etc are syned)

Lunch: Two slices bread(healthy extra) lettuce, shallot, tomato, ham. Pint glass of water. Muller Light vanilla with dark chocolate sprinkles. Use remaining milk allowance.

Dinner: Chicken, mashed spuds, mushy peas, red+yellow+green peppers, red onions, mushrooms(these veggies fried using fry light), roasted carrots and parsnips. 1-2 pint glasses of water

Snacks: Maybe another Muller light yogurt. Grapes+strawberries chopped up with a dollop or two of fat free natural yogurt. Sugar snap peas. Slice of ham or any leftover dinner!

Hi toni, which plan was your above menu for? I noticed you had porridge and bread which are 2 hexbs did you use syns for one? I havent tried red or green days yet so sorry for my ignorance! Am I right to say on a green day meat is limited and on a red day potato, rice and pasta are not part of the plan unless syned?

My sample menu is

Beans on toast (hexb) 2 pieces of fruit.

chilli with rice lots of veg in the chilli and I either add salad or have some fruit.

Chicken, roast potatoes, loads of veg.

Snacks 30g bag manhatten popcorn 7 syns muller light baked cheesecake flavour yogurt 1 syn fruit.

This is an extra easy day only one I have ever followed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Hi Girls,
    Have completely fallen off the wagon and am really struggling to get back on. I havn't weighed myself in weeks due to work emergencies which have took me completely off my routine, and I have been doing such long hours I havn't had the energy to plan or to get myself on track, Im miserable!!
    Im back to my routine from Wednesday on, but Ive already had 2 weetabix (HEx B), and 2 slices of gorgeous fresh wheaten bread and butter I couldn't resist buying...Brutal!!!
    I was looking at the last few posts, what rice pudding are you guys eating? I'm pretty sure that is high in syns, e.g. Mullerrice is 10syns per tub.

If anyone has the big book of syns (dont know the name of it) from the class can you check how many syns in the go ahead strawberry yoghurt slices?

There will be no free food in the goahead bar so just use the 1 syn = 20 calorie rule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Folks, just to point out that food diaries or using these threads as food trackers is not allowed. Thanks :)

Thanks g,em I do know that, sorry if I was breaking any rules. :o I was just giving a sample of a normal days eating to someone who is planning on starting sw. Are we ok to do this every now and again if someone is looking for ideas? Also is it ok for someone to post their days meal plan to see if they are doing it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thats what I need, a real person saying this is what I eat, if I can do it so can you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

As long as the meals are adhering to the SW guidelines I don't see a problem with that.

Daisy M wrote: »
    There will be no free food in the goahead bar so just use the 1 syn = 20 calorie rule.

Is the fat free yogurt on top not free

• Advertisement

I got this list off a different site so I cant vouch for its accuracey but the site I got it from is usually reliable. As for the yogurt on top I can imagine there could be that much I havent eaten them so I dont know but I wouldnt have thought it could be more than 10g. Remember the syns listed here appear to be per bar/slice so if there are 2 in a pack double the syns.

Go Ahead crispy flapjacks, 5 pack 27g 5.5 syns
    Go Ahead double chocolate chip cake bars 29g each 5 syns
    Go Ahead Almond, Raisin & Cranberry chewy cereal bar 30g 6 syns
    Go Ahead Apple & Sultana cereal bar 30g bar 5.5 syns
    Go Ahead Apricot topped cereal bars 30g bar 5.0 syns
    Go Ahead banana chewy cereal bar 30g bar 5.5 syns
    Go Ahead Hazelnut & Pistachio cereal bar 30g 6.0 syns
    Go Ahead Apple bakes each 6 syns
    Go Ahead Blackberrry & apple bakes each 6 syns
    Go Ahead Chocolate caramel crunch biscuit bars 6 pack 5.5 syns
    Go Ahead Crispy fruit slices all varieties per slice 3.0 syns
    Go Ahead Crispy fruit slices minis, Apple and sultana 30g bag 6.0
    Go Ahead Crispy fruit slices minis, Orange & Sultana 30g bag 6.0
    Go Ahead figfuls each 2.5 syns
    Go Ahead Fruit & Nut crisp bar each 5.0 syns
    Go Ahead Honey rice crisp bars 6 pack 22g bar 4.5 syns
    Go Ahead Raspberry/Strawberry fruit bakes each 6 syns
    Go Ahead Savoury slices Cheese & tomato per slice 3 syns
    Go Ahead Savoury slices Italian Tomato & Herb per slice 3 syns
    Go Ahead Strawberry bakes each 6 syns
    Go Ahead Strawberry mallows, 90% fat free 8 pack each 4 syns
    Go Ahead Yogurt Breaks, Forest fruit, twin pack 18g slice 3.5 syns
    Go Ahead Yogurt Breaks, Plain, twin pack 18g slice 3.5 syns
    Go Ahead Yogurt Breaks, strawberry, twin pack, 18g slice 3.5 syns
    Go

Hi toni, which plan was your above menu for? I noticed you had porridge and bread which are 2 hexbs did you use syns for one? I havent tried red or green days yet so sorry for my ignorance! Am I right to say on a green day meat is limited and on a red day potato, rice and pasta are not part of the plan unless syned?

My plan was the Green one. I syned the bread and chicken (was only a tiny bit anyway!), I used the seeds+nuts and the porridge as my healthy b. I still get the green plan wrong some times takes awhile getting used to the different plans :o Most folks in my class have the best results by having a variety of green/original/extra easy days, so trying to get used to mixing things up. It's always best to go back to the book and really go through it. Write things out if it helps that works for me anyway! :) On the green plan meat can be used as healthy extra and if you want more just syn that bit more that you have. Red days you are allowed pasta/potato etc but can use them as healthy extras or as syns.

Green Plan
    -Allowed all the usual fruit, veg, pasta and rice
    -Can have 2 healthy a's (choose between milk/cheese)
    -Can have 2 healthy b's (choose between meat/poultry/fish/olive oil/seeds+nuts/cereal/bread)

Original(Red) Plan
    -Allowed the majority of fruit and veg (just gotta watch out for the starchy ones) and any lean meat
    -Can have 2 healthy a's (choose between milk/cheese)
    -Can have 2 healthy b's (choose between cereals/bread/olive oil/beans/peas/pasta/potato listed on page 33)

Extra Easy Plan
    -Allowed all the usual fruit, veg, any lean meat, pasta and rice
    -Can have 1 healthy a (milk/cheese)
    -Can have 1 healthy b (cereal/bread/olive oil/canned fruit)

Hope that makes it a bit clearer even learnt something new myself! I'd been doing the plans wrong for many a week >.< But ya get there in the end and if in doubt just ask your consultant to run you through it all again :)

Thanks a million Toni that is a great post. I always stick to EE as I think the others seem more restrictive, I like to have a bit of everything! However I have heard of people getting good results when they mix it up. I think I will need to do a weekly food diary in advance so I know what I am at on each day. I suppose the different plans mean more variety so we are less likely to get bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i am at slimming world over a year , am maintaining at the minute, have 3 stone gone, make sure you drink 2 litres of water a day, try to get super speed food in at each meal, melon, mushy peas , beans are my favourite hth

whelan1 wrote: »
    i am at slimming world over a year , am maintaining at the minute, have 3 stone gone, make sure you drink 2 litres of water a day, try to get super speed food in at each meal, melon, mushy peas , beans are my favourite hth

As far as I know, beans and peas aren't super free?

Congrats on the loss and maintaining by the way, it can be harder than losing the weight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

sorry they are super speed as they super speed your weight loss... i aom to have one third of my meal with either baked beans , mushy peas or melon... there are others but these are the ones i stick to

whelan1 wrote: »
    sorry they are super speed as they super speed your weight loss... i aom to have one third of my meal with either baked beans , mushy peas or melon... there are others but these are the ones i stick to

I try and have baked beans or peas with every meal hadnt thought of melon, its gorg and would be lovely for breakfast with the added bonus of it been a ss food.

Have decided I'm going to try and do slimming world from home this week! I just can't justify to myself spending €36 a month on a diet when I have all the tools I need!

Going to start tomorrow as a lent full of keeping slimming world, keeping within my syns and being more active instead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Hi tatabubbly, I've been following this thread for a while - I do slimming world from home too, it's great once you have the basics down and saving money is a bonus! I found the main thing is to weigh myself at the same time each week and just watch my hex a and b : )

Hi Tatabubbly, I've got the same lent promises!! My roommate bought me the most delish rich chocolate cake for my birthday yesterday though...I am going to have to throw it out!!:(

• Advertisement

I just want to get and stay on track. I've been looking on a few forums to keep on track.

I'm going to keep a food diary permanently cos I find it easy to track what way things are going with that, especially as I tend to binge! It's good to see all your syns on the one page! I'm just going to keep track of my weight that way as well!

I got the books from the group and loads of the extra supplements in the newspapers so I've got loads to keep me going!

So, I had a 100% day, used all my syns, ate my HEXs and got loads of superfree in there! :)

Well done on the good day,. I had a fairly good day, ate fish for dinner as it was Ash Wed, and only a tiny sliver of my cake..my boyfriend polished off the rest thank god!!

Tara I started doing it at home since the end of Jan. My weighin day was on a tues and I felt it was too near the weekend if I had had anything on I found I was cutting back on a mon and a tue to try and regain some ground. I dont want to get into the habbit again of binging then half starving myself so I decided to do it at home with my weighin day been sat morn, that keeps me from starting the weekend on a fri too. I am a member of a closed facebook sw group I found out about it on rollercoaster. I find there is great encouragment there and some of the members have had fantastic losses. If anyone wants to join the facebook group pm me and I will let you know the name, I am sure the administrators will be happy to have more members they are a great bunch.

For lent I am giving up sweets and choc with the exception of alpen light bars and fun size maltezers. I am also doing a walk every day, I have a threadmill so cant use the weather as an excuse!!

Belated birthday wishes catxscotch, well done not eating the cake.

Very stressful 2 weeks so have completely messed up my SW routine and put on 2lb if not more this week!
    Life always throws ye curve balls the feicer *shakes fist* :pac:

Kicking myself up the arse and back on track as of this very moment. Life is always gonna be feicin stressful so can't use that as an excuse anymore :o

Going to go for massive walk now and when I come back gonna make a start on a chicken curry loaded with good veg :D

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Very stressful 2 weeks so have completely messed up my SW routine and put on 2lb if not more this week!
    Life always throws ye curve balls the feicer *shakes fist* :pac:

Kicking myself up the arse and back on track as of this very moment. Life is always gonna be feicin stressful so can't use that as an excuse anymore :o

Going to go for massive walk now and when I come back gonna make a start on a chicken curry loaded with good veg :D

Hope everything is back to normal for you now well done getting back on track. I always find something always pops up when I am least prepared it never happens when I have extra meals made and left in the freezer its always when the cupboards are bare and there isnt a hope of me been able to cook a decent sw meal!!

Hope everything is back to normal for you now well done getting back on track. I always find something always pops up when I am least prepared it never happens when I have extra meals made and left in the freezer its always when the cupboards are bare and there isnt a hope of me been able to cook a decent sw meal!!

Yeah that's exactly it!!
    Staying on top of things now and have two chilli con carne meals frozen now. The big pot of healthy chicken curry has been gobbled up so must make that again later in week and set some aside so will have few meals in the freezer for emergency times!

Going to make chicken fajitas tomorrow so must work out the syns properly. Grated cheese can be a healthy extra. All the veg and chicken breast is free. So must find out about the tin of refried beans, stir in sauce packet and the mini jar of salsa. Oh and the wraps :o

Suppose you could make your own syn free salsa and some form of your own stir in sauce using passata and herbs and spices.....Experiment time tomorrow! :) The wraps will have to be syned though. No way of getting round them and making them healthy :pac:

Its a pity about the wraps, everyone says they are such a healthy alternative to sandwiches...taste too good though!!

Weigh in tomorrow, i'm slightly worried about how it's gonna go cos as I said, i've been finding it hard the last few weeks. Going to go to group tomorrow cos I think I need that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Hi,
    I am new to the forum, just wanted to say this thread has helped me decide to join SW. I joined online last night and am looking forward to losing some weight!!
    Just wanted to know, is it possible to save some of your daily syns allowance to use at the weekend. I would like to save 5 syns per day, to have a bottle of wine at the weekend, is this allowed? I am worried it will slow /stop the weight loss.
    Thanks for your feedback!! Good luck to all for your net weigh in!!
    Thanks,
    Kat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Just wondering how does Slimming world work, how much are classes etc, Im doing well with WW lost 21 pounds I do like the program Im losing slow and steady and Im ok with that as Im feeding a baby, but my leader is not the best at all,she never remembers Im feeding and today told me I needed to track better to lose more weight :cool: any information would be great!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement