Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Pitch dark leaving study at 6:15. Such a balls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

13spanner wrote: »
    Pitch dark leaving study at 6:15. Such a balls :(

I know, I'm such a hard lad too, cycling without lights and headphones in:cool:.

Nah but seriously I gotta safen up :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Got up this morning to get ready and got the phone call.

Just seen my Dad again when we got home and, well, think it's finally hit me. Just wanna say thanks a lot to M&S, Bubbleope and Coeur for keeping me sane last night.

RIP Rob :'(

I speak for most people here when I say we're always here if you ever want to talk!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I agree with M&S*, sorry to hear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Went to see An Triail today and going to Geography Field Study trip tomorrow. Event filled week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

i agree with M&S* also .... so sorry to hear, hope your ok hunni !
    Anyone watching hitch ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

Meant to be studying for my house exams next week but instead im counting up my possible points......the possible points i could get if i actually did study!

right now it looks like im heading for the Jam making course in Ucd :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

dumdiddle wrote: »
    Meant to be studying for my house exams next week but instead im counting up my possible points......the possible points i could get if i actually did study!

right now it looks like im heading for the Jam making course in Ucd :L

Please study, mine are this week and it's so stressful cause I did almost nothing last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Very sorry to hear about that shefellover93, I can sympathize as I'm going through a similar thing myself.

Lads I have a dilemma. I just don't know what to do after the LC now. I was nearly 100% positive before but no I dunno. I wanted to do Science Ed, but now I'm thinking Arts or English & Religion or something.
    Any advice?

I have a lot of courses in mind, so I'm going to a lot of open days so they can help me make my mind up:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lads this is such a crap week and all I want to do is sleep :(

Siobhnk wrote: »

Same. I've lost any motivation I had at the start of the year, I've a big biology test tomorrow :(

Anyone else taking sneaky naps in class;):p?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Cian A wrote: »
    Anyone else taking sneaky naps in class;):p?
    Anyone else practically pass out in class? :/

My moms been at my parent teacher meeting for over an hour, she's normally out in 20 minutes, feeling a little nervous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Tests are over at last :D

I looked at the OL Economics paper earlier (I dont do economics) and I'm so tempted to do OL Economics in the LC just for a laugh to see how I do; I do business, and economic activities is our option in geography, so I sort of know a fair bit of it tbh and with all those options.... :pac:

My dad thought it sounded silly but I mean, its after all my other exams. The only downside I'm seeing is the potential of me getting good grades all over and having HL Business then colleges being like "D3 in OL Economics? What an idiot" :o

I really feel like doing it though but yeaaaaaaah maybe not :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I looked at the OL Economics paper earlier (I dont do economics) and I'm so tempted to do OL Economics in the LC just for a laugh to see how I do; I do business, and economic activities is our option in geography, so I sort of know a fair bit of it tbh and with all those options.... :pac:

My dad thought it sounded silly but I mean, its after all my other exams. The only downside I'm seeing is the potential of me getting good grades all over and having HL Business then colleges being like "D3 in OL Economics? What an idiot" :o

I really feel like doing it though but yeaaaaaaah maybe not :P

A friend of mine decided to do Applied maths last minute for the fun.

He studied with a friend for 5 hours the day before the exam, ended up getting 23% which isn't bad but if you ask me it tarnishes a decent LC on his part.

Obviously you would do much better than that but there's really no point unless it's an entry requirement.

That story is actually what gave me the idea :P I agree, 23% isnt actually bad - did he do HL or OL Applied Maths on the day?

But yeah it would probably look bad on my results. Unless theres some kind of courses that ask for 2 business subjects and only one at HL then I guess I wont do it.

HL, but poor him, he didn't understand how bad it would look until after he got his results:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dumdiddle

Please study, mine are this week and it's so stressful cause I did almost nothing last week!

Yeah me and 4 of my friends copped on today when we heard how much study 2 of my friends were doing :L

Up tonight until 1am trying to learn 30 essays for geographgy! FML!:mad:

well when its over..BRING ON THE BEER! 3 nights out to celebrate 3 days of failing exams :P

Cian A wrote: »
    HL, but poor him, he didn't understand how bad it would look until after he got his results:p
    Oh no! :P He should've done OL, then maybe he'd have passed. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Puppet

I had an OK day so far.

I received more premock results, and I've done good so far. But I've forgotten to bring home books which is just annoying.

On the bright side, I have tomorrow off, which means no english and history test for me.

Apparently if I learn off my quotes (which never really happens) I'll be set for an A in English! :) I'd be thrilled with a B so hearing things like this gives me confidence to do better than I might have expected :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I got my Premock results back today, I got 490. I was happy with it but they were only half papers and am hoping to break 500 hopefully in June!. Anyway was pretty happy with most of them apart from French and English! Went down loads in French as I hadn't had my document prepared properly!. :/ Anyway got the following:

Irish- 83% B1

English- 75% B2 :(

Maths- 82% B1 :D

French- 69% C1:(

Music- 75% B2

Business- 86% A2

Geography- 89% A2

Economics- 79% B2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'm not going to count up my points for my pre-mocks. They're absolutely no indication of what you'll get in June. I know many girls last year went down in points. But sure the pre mocks aren't even proper leaving cert like tests. Youre not finished most of the courses and not given full papers in most exams. You have a better idea with your mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

i never heard of pre mocks until i saw it on this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Speaking of not being finished the course, my English teacher wrecks my head. We've spent the last week and a half doing embarrassing narrative writing exercises like 'Write about a typical day from the perspective of a baby' or some crap like that, which you really have to have a natural ability for, when we've still got 4 poets and the novel to start. Ugh.

I'm not going to count up my points for my pre-mocks. They're absolutely no indication of what you'll get in June. I know many girls last year went down in points. But sure the pre mocks aren't even proper leaving cert like tests. Youre not finished most of the courses and not given full papers in most exams. You have a better idea with your mocks.
    Oh God I know that, it's just our careers teacher was making everyone add up their points fora "brief indication" of what we could be hoping to achieve you know!. Not saying i'll get that in the real thing or whatever just said i'd post them up anyway! :P.. Anyone filled out their CAO yet?

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Speaking of not being finished the course, my English teacher wrecks my head. We've spent the last week and a half doing embarrassing narrative writing exercises like 'Write about a typical day from the perspective of a baby' or some crap like that, which you really have to have a natural ability for, when we've still got 4 poets and the novel to start. Ugh.
    Yeah we have Kinsella to do and Dancing at Lughnasa yet, and yet my teacher is forcing us to watch My Sisters Keeper for the 5th time since last year, and worst of all she's not even letting it play she's stopping it every 2 minutes with comments like:

"Now did you see that in the background there?, that's essential for the Cultural Context"

We were like "eh miss.. we're not doing Cultural Context" :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement