Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flight of the Conchords - Olympia, Wed 5th, Thurs 6th May

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭booooonzo

when do they decide to release them do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Boo Hoo...

106803.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

I have a hunch that it was down to me having an account with ticketmaster that resulted in me getting them. I just remembered I did at 8.50 and logged in thank god.

I'm not crying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

cson wrote: »
    I have a hunch that it was down to me having an account with ticketmaster that resulted in me getting them.
    Makes absolutely no difference whatsover. I have an account and I've missed out on tickets for gigs plenty of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

booooonzo wrote: »
    when do they decide to release them do you know?

Usually when the various parties have confirmed they are not needed but there is no way of knowing when that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Taken from MCD email today....

Right if Arj supports in Dublin I'll buy you pints for the night - but he won't be supporting in Dublin. Read it and weep

Don't blame the Conchords fan club for the mess up in the day tickets were to go on sale. *Cough*... a certain company was to blame for it*cough*

I ain't weeping buuuuddy, I gots me two tickets for Thursday!

I ain't weeping buuuuddy, I gots me two tickets for Thursday!

Sure you're not crying, you've just been chopping onions cause you're making a lasagne.... for one:D

Sure you're not crying, you've just been chopping onions cause you're making a lasagne.... for one:D
    Haha. Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

I'm seriously pissed off now. Why the Olympia? They would have sold out the O2 easily

(though obviously I would prefer to see them in the Olympia over the O2...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

I got 6, I was meant to be getting 3 and my mate was supposed to be getting another 3 but he wasn't answering his phone at 8.50 so had to go for the lot at once. Relieved now after reading all the problems people had especially since I could get so many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

humanji wrote: »
    There's a part of me that feels the gigs will be just like the ticketmaster Christmas party...

A lot of the tickets went on the presale I think so it won't be too much ticketmaster staff I wouldn't say. Although how can I tell? Do they have some manner of deformity or company branding on their faces that'll make them easily identifable?
    booooonzo wrote: »
    ya must of been the "fan club" bought up a load of them.
    wouldn't mind but i had the password just left it to late last night

My sister texted me furiously yesterday saying I'd given her the wrong password for it. The iron was hot, people just didn't strike I suppose.
    Sold out that quick? Wow. Surprised at that.
    Gotta give a big thanks to Scien again so.

Where's the double thanks button?

*ahem* - I was PMing the password to anyone who asked. ;)

The MCD page is very misleading about the support on the night.

It says this:
    MCD.ie wrote:
    Comedians and fellow Flight of the Conchords actors Kristen Schall and Arj Barker are set to open each night

Which implies that both Barker and Schall will be supporting but then further down the page it lists the dates of each one. So, sadly, there'll be no Murray in Dublin which is a shame cause his stand up is great.

Which implies that both Barker and Schall will be supporting but then further down the page it lists the dates of each one. So, sadly, there'll be no Murray in Dublin which is a shame cause his stand up is great.

Arj = Dave the pawn shop friend.
    TBH I bought the Murray stand up DVD with christmas vouchers last year and it was one of the worst purchases I've ever bought. Some parts were bordering on the okay but he isn't a great comedian by a long stretch. I think even Bret and Jemaine feel this about his stand up, the documentary on s2 DVD hints at this.

His routine relies too much on making stupid or "Funny" noises & impersonations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

Didn't hear about this 'til Wednesday afternoon, and when I tried the Fan Pre-Sale it was already sold out.

So I was up early and online this morning. Tried to get 3 tickets on the Thursday first but it said twice that there were none available. Decided to try Wednesday instead and managed to get three in the Circle!

Really looking forward to it, they're just excellent!

J.

"It was something like, but not necessarily, Schindler's List"

TBH I bought the Murray stand up DVD with christmas vouchers last year and it was one of the worst purchases I've ever bought. Some parts were bordering on the okay but he isn't a great comedian by a long stretch. I think even Bret and Jemaine feel this about his stand up, the documentary on s2 DVD hints at this.

His routine relies too much on making stupid or "Funny" noises & impersonations.
    Yeah anything I've seen of Rhys Darby doing standup has been terrible.

edit- I should really change that to "any time" as the original wording just sounds weird. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

All those who championed me as infallible please go to the back of the line. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

He's not crying, it's just been raining .......... on his face

got 6 tickets for Wednesday. I'm delighted but to be fair they should have limited it to 4 each ... hope the announce another date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Orlee wrote: »
    hope they announce another date

They do have 3 nights free after the Dublin gigs before they play England so maybe they'll stick on another show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm hoping they add an extra date... but not for a while, until after I find out my exam timetable! That's what held me back from purchasing this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Sh*t just seen this now!!

Just gotta grab a ticket and some business socks and i'm there

• Advertisement

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Just gotta grab a ticket and some business socks and i'm there

Sorry to tell you but you ain't getting a ticket at this stage. :(

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Sorry to tell you but you ain't getting a ticket at this stage. :(

What? sold out... oh no....

I'm not crying:(

He's not crying, it's just been raining .......... on his face

got 6 tickets for Wednesday. I'm delighted but to be fair they should have limited it to 4 each ... hope the announce another date
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They do have 3 nights free after the Dublin gigs before they play England so maybe they'll stick on another show.

The Olympia has stuff on those inbetween nights so unless they change venue it most likely won't happen.

The Olympia has stuff on those inbetween nights so unless they change venue it most likely won't happen.

Fair Enough.

Continue with the "I'm Not Crying" quotes people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Yeah - I saw they Olympia was free on the 3rd but FOTC are in Amsterdam so it's not looking likely ;(

Oh, I'm not crying - No - There's just a little bit of dust in my eye
    That's from the path that you made when you said your goodbye

Yeah - I saw they Olympia was free on the 3rd but FOTC are in Amsterdam so it's not looking likely ;(

Oh pretty prince of parties can I come to your party?

No:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

I seen some fella on ebay is selling two tickets for 200euro. What a w*nker!! I hate him.

See if you bought the tickets off him for the price, could you ring ticketmaster and notify them or even the garda siochana? Like it is illegal right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

There is no legislation against touting in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

Toast wrote: »
    There is no legislation against touting in this country.

Well thats a big pile of crap! Really hope they do another night somehow. Been a massive fan for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Waited for half an hour before the Ticketmaster place in Dun Laoghaire, and I was alone till 10 minutes before they opened ... at 9 on the dot your one printed me out 3 tickets, and by the time the guy behind me got to the counted they were sold out. Both nights. :eek:

Cannot wait!

Advertisement