Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Identify this creature?

• 18-10-2014 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭

Tucking into some takeaway when this fella appears. Was 100% moving, wriggling in the sauce. When tipped it curled both ends up.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Fly larvae. ..rotten food or meat... yum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

dsmythy wrote: »
    Tucking into some takeaway when this fella appears. Was 100% moving, wriggling in the sauce. When tipped it curled both ends up.

I don't have a clue what that is, some sort of slug or leech?? The bigger picture here is that you found that thing in a takeaway. Please, for everyone's sake, name and shame the shíthole you got this from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Disgusting, I wonder how many you ate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Doom wrote: »
    Fly larvae. ..rotten food or meat... yum

Look in your wet waste bin, plenty of them in there...its the first stage of a fly, a maggot (fly larvae) turns into a bluebottle fly.
    report the place to food safety board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm glad I'm not a fan of take aways any more, if I saw this on my plate when I finished eating I'd definitely throw up then head straight back there to let them and everyone in the place know what I'd found. I'd be tempted to report them too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

It's not a maggot..it's a small slug.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bulleyes

Its a little slug. Did you have any form of salad wih your takeaway. Maybe the little guy was a stowaway.

Advertisement