Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you work in the Federation?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I've thought about this a lot. Really, unless you're a researcher or in Starfleet, life could get pretty boring. No one gets paid, everyone works purely for the good of humanity. So, that means, the guy who cleans your gutters doesn't get paid. Maybe he's not smart enough for a researching job. Maybe he's not qualified for Starfleet. Now he cleans gutters. I'm not nearly smart enough to be a researcher. It's either gutters or Starfleet.

You assume that people doing the menial tasks enjoy it, because they're helping humanity, so if that was your job, you'd feel the same way having been brought up in that way. I don't think I could do it. Even though I'd be wearing a red shirt, I'd be in Starfleet. The constant fear of death is better than a life unclogging gutters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Mmmmmm, 7 of 9

and don't forget 6 of 9 , her sexier younger sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Leaves Holodeck after 7 day session, bleary eyed and bow legged with a bag of ice stuck down the front of trousers.

Memo to self, wait till at the door before disengaging Holodeck.

Enter next person. *scream Sweet crossdressing Klingons, WTF is all this sticky stuff on the floor/walls/ceiling?

Mr Plazaman to the Captains quarters.

Captain : Get the hell off my ship you pervert.

Shuttle to Earth to look for gutter clearing jobs.

Totes worth it.

Up Next : Boldly coming where no man has come before - Part II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

A great opportunity to have a glorious, heroic and brave death if the possibility arose: going into the warp drive like Spock to diffuse the critical buildup and so contaminate myself so I can never come out. Don't forget the significance of the Vulcan hand sign through the glass to end it all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would join up yes, Science office or Engineer. It would be amazing.

Preferably not chief o briens job

http://imgur.com/gallery/0IkGI

• Advertisement
Advertisement