Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Does anyone know the name of the American 80's movie in which a couple rent out a room in their home to a tennant from hell who drives them to the point of almost leaving there house. But they discover that this guy is a wealthy con man who has done this many times before in order to get the house. The bad guy is quite famous but I can't remember his name....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Does anyone know the name of the American 80's movie in which a couple rent out a room in their home to a tennant from hell who drives them to the point of almost leaving there house. But they discover that this guy is a wealthy con man who has done this many times before in order to get the house. The bad guy is quite famous but I can't remember his name....

Pacific Heights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm fairly sure it's The Last of the Mohicans, but just want to be sure. It's a film that has a scene in which a man has his heart cut out of his chest while he looks on in horror, as the man who cuts the heart out says something along the lines of "We will wipe your seed from the earth" or something. The man getting disheartened (:p) is dressed in what looks like American colonial uniforms or possibly British redcoat uniform, and the killer is a Native American warrior.

Cheers.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DazMarz wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it's The Last of the Mohicans, but just want to be sure. It's a film that has a scene in which a man has his heart cut out of his chest while he looks on in horror, as the man who cuts the heart out says something along the lines of "We will wipe your seed from the earth" or something. The man getting disheartened (:p) is dressed in what looks like American colonial uniforms or possibly British redcoat uniform, and the killer is a Native American warrior.

Cheers.

Yep thats Last of the Mohicans without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have very little to go on here but I'll try anyway.

There is a large conference table where all the people sitting there have had the water extracted from their bodies. All that is left is a pile of dust on each seat.

At the end I think a machine is used to add water back to the dust to recreate the people.

Any ideas what this could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

There is a large conference table where all the people sitting there have had the water extracted from their bodies. All that is left is a pile of dust on each seat.

At the end I think a machine is used to add water back to the dust to recreate the people.

Maybe I'm way off but I reckon that's the 1966 Batman movie (or one of the episodes of the show anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

I think thats an old Batman movie from the 60's with Adam West?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Wow. I always thought that I hadn't seen that. I must check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Wow. I always thought that I hadn't seen that. I must check it out.

I just remember the weapon in it was the dehydrator! And the conference room was the world trade centre. Haven't seen it for years. Hope I'm not on the wrong track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Tank Girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

redz11 wrote: »
    I remember a movie I saw on video at a friends house, it was most likely sometime between 1990 and 1995 ... I think! redface.gif

The main scene that I remember is a teenage boy, in his bedroom. And some sort of vortex opened up in the middle of his bed, and it sucked in everything in his bedroom, and him, too.

I'd know the scene straight away if I saw it again ... gave me nightmares for years! redface.gif

I've a feeling it's a pretty mainstream movie, so hopefully someone here will know it!
    Could it be Nightmare On Elm Street? There is a scene where the main male character is pulled down into his bed with his tv etc, killed and the room fills with gore.

Here is the link *Warning* violent scene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9DWbfmSbI

Yup, that's the one!

Thanks - I knew it was a well-known one alright.

Will probably get nightmares again now after watching that! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Hey,
    I can remember the name of this film, but here how it goes..
    Some man ends up in a parallel universe/reality and everything is different , I think his wife doesn't know who he is or something like that, but he does something anyway, that puts out some alert through out the city to kill him or catch him, so he goes on the run and he meets this other girl who's in the situation , think she was Asian and they make some portal/machine thing to go back to the real world.
    Its really bugging me that I can't remember the name, its years old I'd say, must deffo have been on Irish TV.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭dunworth1

iDann wrote: »
    Hey,
    I can remember the name of this film, but here how it goes..
    Some man ends up in a parallel universe/reality and everything is different , I think his wife doesn't know who he is or something like that, but he does something anyway, that puts out some alert through out the city to kill him or catch him, so he goes on the run and he meets this other girl who's in the situation , think she was Asian and they make some portal/machine thing to go back to the real world.
    Its really bugging me that I can't remember the name, its years old I'd say, must deffo have been on Irish TV.

Thanks.

first thought is that it might be "the one"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267804/

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

I'll throw this one out again.

Just wondering if u know what film I'm on about. It's French language.

Saw it years ago on C4 maybe. Husband has affair with young brunette, then near end, kills her, hides her behind wall of room that is being redecorated. The wall is plastered up. Then I think he feels guilty, goes back to get the body, makes hole in wall , body not there. Can't remember the rest. It came out in the 80's I'd say and in colour. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Looking for a movie about 2 kids from ireland i think it was called Mickeybo and me but im not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

gaelicred wrote: »
    Looking for a movie about 2 kids from ireland i think it was called Mickeybo and me but im not sure

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Mickeybo+and+me

:pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gaelicred wrote: »

Yea thats the name alright: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388154/

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Thats the one thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Help appreciated

I think it was set in WW11, around that time

It's about a platoon of US Army soldiers who are training and the bonds that form in the group

One point in the film was homosexuality was not allowed in the army, maybe it still isn't, I don't know

But anyway, one of the sergeants found two men embracing in a storeroom, he caught one but the other ran off
    To humiliate the man, they line all the men up and select him and lead him away so hundreds and hundreds see him

I think he got booted out of the army then

The rest of the film is about training, I'm unsure if we ever saw any fighting

It wasn't some cheap budget film, it was well produced but I can't remember it and there are so many war films I cannot find it

Anyone know :)

I saw it in the early nineties, it's one of those Sunday matinee films that RTÉ are fond of showing

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Help appreciated

I think it was set in WW11, around that time

It's about a platoon of US Army soldiers who are training and the bonds that form in the group

One point in the film was homosexuality was not allowed in the army, maybe it still isn't, I don't know

But anyway, one of the sergeants found two men embracing in a storeroom, he caught one but the other ran off
    To humiliate the man, they line all the men up and select him and lead him away so hundreds and hundreds see him

I think he got booted out of the army then

The rest of the film is about training, I'm unsure if we ever saw any fighting

It wasn't some cheap budget film, it was well produced but I can't remember it and there are so many war films I cannot find it

Anyone know :)

Biloxi Blues maybe? Just a guess, could be way off.

• Advertisement

Thanks but not that

Wasn't a comedy

Were you posting pics in surfing forum just before you came over here? :pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »

Were you posting pics in surfing forum just before you came over here? :pac:

There is a distinct possibility :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Trying to remember the name of a film. Can't remember anything about it other than near the end where there are detectives that go into a block in the projects and I think they may be corrupt and shoot the guys living there who have drugs.

Then this other undercover cop comes (a black guy) and is shot by another cop, who only realises he is a cop when he goes up to his dead body and sees a badge. Vague but it's only about 5 years old and I don't think it's an obscure movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Trying to remember the name of a film. Can't remember anything about it other than near the end where there are detectives that go into a block in the projects and I think they may be corrupt and shoot the guys living there who have drugs.

Then this other undercover cop comes (a black guy) and is shot by another cop, who only realises he is a cop when he goes up to his dead body and sees a badge. Vague but it's only about 5 years old and I don't think it's an obscure movie
    Sounds very like The Wire. You sure it was a movie and not a series?

Training Day maybe?

Sounds like Brooklyn's Finest
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn%27s_Finest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Anyone rememember this film? I saw it in the late 70s and it was set in modern times. There was this rich woman in a house who was some kind of vampire who had the bubonic plague. I've memories of black boils on her hand or somewhere, though I know they were supposed to grow in the armpit or groin. It sounds a bit mad. I don't think this woman was the main character, there were kids I think in it who were suspicious of this woman. The creepy woman's name was Elizabeth 'Chesterton' or something like that. I've a feeling towards the end she was fliting about a graveyard in a floaty nightie..think she was dead at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭whiteonblu

I saw a film in Tesco a while back . i thought it was called the grandfather but I don't think it is it is the grandfather from 1998, The dvd cover had a man about to walk down a stairs to a basement. It was a horror type film and the title was the name of a relative like the grandfather the godfather, not that obviously. I think maybe he had family locked in basement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

whiteonblu wrote: »
    I saw a film in Tesco a while back . i thought it was called the grandfather but I don't think it is it is the grandfather from 1998, The dvd cover had a man about to walk down a stairs to a basement. It was a horror type film and the title was the name of a relative like the grandfather the godfather, not that obviously. I think maybe he had family locked in basement

It's The Stepfather.

Going by the reviews it's best left on the shelf :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭whiteonblu

It's The Stepfather.
    P
    It is thanks;)
    Going by the reviews it's best left on the shelf :
    Wow you're right

Maybe it was the original i saw in tesco as i recall looking it up before and did not think the reviews wew as bad.. Anyway thanks for title

Advertisement