Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2011 [*Spoilers*]

• 02-09-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭

Strictly Come Dancing will not clash with The X Factor this year, Danny Cohen has said.

The BBC One controller has ruled out any overlap between the two Saturday night reality shows, reports The Guardian.

Cohen told this year's MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival: "I'm not massively interested whether we beat it or not."

There was an uproar from fans when the two shows went head-to-head in 2009 while Jay Hunt headed BBC One, with the ratings for both channels hurt in the process.

Following criticism from BBC Trust chairman Michael Lyons, BBC One aired Strictly in an earlier slot to avoid The X Factor.

However, until now, the BBC had refused to rule out any further clashes.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a338286/strictly-come-dancing-not-clashing-with-x-factor-says-bbc-one-controller.html

It will never beat X Factor in the ratings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Never too early to start the SCD thread. Can't wait for the series to start. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The reported lineup for this year's Strictly Come Dancing has been leaked to a newspaper.

Singer Lulu, Harry Judd from McFly and ex-Neighbours stars Jason Donovan and Holly Valance have all agreed to take part in the show, The Sun reports.

Other celebrities who have signed up for Strictly Come Dancing, which launches next Saturday, include Daybreak's sports presenter Dan Lobb, Waterloo Road actress Chelsee Healey and impressionist Rory Bremner.

Ex-EastEnders star Anita Dobson and Sven-Goran Eriksson's ex Nancy Dell'Olio have also joined the BBC One competition, as has astrologer Russell Grant after recovering from his back injury in time.

One Show presenter Alex Jones and former MP Edwina Currie complete the present lineup, with bosses still looking for two male stars to make the number of celebrities up to 14. Former boxer Audley Harrison is said to be one of the males in the running.

Judd won a Strictly Come Dancing Children In Need special last year with one of the show's professional dancers Ola Jordan. Producers are apparently considering pairing the couple again.

Speaking of the lineup, a source said: "Lulu is lots of fun and will bring in viewers who remember her from the Sixties - but also younger fans who know her from her duet with Take That on 'Relight My Fire'. Harry will tick the heartthrob box."

The BBC will officially confirm the Strictly Come Dancing lineup on The One Show on Tuesday.

Dolly Parton will perform on the series premiere of Strictly Come Dancing, which will not clash with The X Factor this year.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s104/strictly-come-dancing/news/a338502/lulu-mcflys-harry-judd-holly-valance-lead-strictly-come-dancing-lineup.html

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daybreak's sports presenter Dan Lobb,

One for the ladies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I cant wait.
    Have it series linked already :D

I just googled Dan Lobb. He is hot ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

:mad:I thought they were getting rid of Bruce Forsyth? Great entertainer in his day and wonderful for his age etc etc but really cringeworthy now.

fourcats wrote: »
    :mad:I thought they were getting rid of Bruce Forsyth? Great entertainer in his day and wonderful for his age etc etc but really cringeworthy now.

Nooooooooooooo, I can see why people want him to go but he is part of Strictly and he's a Sir now. It wouldn't be the same without him, but I wonder how many more series he'll do.

Liking Jason, Dan and Anita so far. Rory Bremner looks as though he might be able to dance as well. This looks to be a really good series. Live shows start Friday, September 30th, and Saturday 1st October.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭liverpool100

anton may have a chance this year, he will have to perform now. dont think vincent is to happy. looks to be a good lot of talent this year and no extremely weak pair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/2011/dancers/

link above to who is taking part.

• Advertisement

Dance off is gone this year, so lowest vote dancer will be sent home.

Jason and Holly look good. Think that Chelsea one is going to annoy me!!
    I feel sorry for Flavia

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Jason and Holly look good. Think that Chelsea one is going to annoy me!!
    I feel sorry for Flavia

Everybody needs good neighbours! BUT, I wonder how long Holly will last, given that she does look like a pretty good dancer, and I wonder if she will come across well to keep her in. This is looking to be one of the better series.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Can't wait for Strictly to start properly. It's the only show of this kind that I watch. Anyone know if Artem and Kara from last year are still an item?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

tinyk68 wrote: »
    Can't wait for Strictly to start properly. It's the only show of this kind that I watch. Anyone know if Artem and Kara from last year are still an item?

Just moved in together according to the paper last week :D

tinyk68 wrote: »

Yes, they are still together.
    She will be keeping a close eye on him and Holly

The look on Joe Calzaghe face was priceless when Kristina was picked with Jason, Will Joe relationship with Kristina survive the series even

The look on Joe Calzaghe face was priceless when Kristina was picked with Jason, Will Joe relationship with Kristina survive the series even

I hope Jason does really well, looking forward to their partnership ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I'm picking jason as the winner but I think Robbie will be good.

Holly should be ok but not so sure yet.

I'm so happy Flavia got Russell.

Chelsee and Nancy are going to be terrible.

I forgot how much I dislike Kristina.

• Advertisement

I didn't realise it was on a Friday night as well !!
    Yes Jason looks good, although I've never rated Christina much as a professional partner

no dance off this year is great.

When is it starting, is it on two nights? Is their a result show?

hondasam wrote: »
    no dance off this year is great.

When is it starting, is it on two nights? Is their a result show?

If there's no dance off, does this mean that it's all down to the public vote?
    Weve all seen during the years that the public are mad and vote off people they don't like , ratherthan voting off the worst dancer?

''No Dance-Off?
    Q: Why is there no Dance-Off this year?

We have reverted to the original Strictly format that was in place from series 1-4. The judges no longer have the ultimate power to save a couple who are in the bottom two, and keep them in the competition. Now, the couple who leave the competition are simply the couple with the least overall combined points from both the judges and the public.

We are 'Back to Basics' with a shorter results show, that has more production value and newer performance numbers.

By taking the ultimate decision away from the judges and therefore ensuring the couple with the least number of combined points in the competition that night goes home, we believe is the fairest outcome.

Strictly Come Dancing is an entertainment dance show, and audiences will vote for who entertains them the most on a Saturday night - whether that be a couple who dance amazingly well, or a couple who dance to the best of their ability and who bring enjoyment to viewers.''

OMG Dolly Parton was terrible on the show, she looks dreadful.

hondasam wrote: »
    I'm picking jason as the winner but I think Robbie will be good.

Holly should be ok but not so sure yet.

I'm so happy Flavia got Russell.

Chelsee and Nancy are going to be terrible.

I forgot how much I dislike Kristina.

Her outfit didn't do her any favours.

If there's no dance-off I think Holly Vallance will be gone early-ish, not sure if she'll warm to the puiblic.

Also, I think Robbie Savage needs a shave! And he reminds me a bit of hairdresser Nicky Clarke :pac:

flutegirl wrote: »
    Her outfit didn't do her any favours.

If there's no dance-off I think Holly Vallance will be gone early-ish, not sure if she'll warm to the puiblic.

Also, I think Robbie Savage needs a shave! And he reminds me a bit of hairdresser Nicky Clarke :pac:

Her outfit was ridiculous but she is silly.
    I'm not sure about Holly either she seems serious.
    Robbie is like Nicky Clarke, I hope he does well.

Thank you!!
    I was trying to think who Robbie looked like and youve come up with the answer :)
    I couldn't get over Chelsea's lips they were terrible, what has she had done to them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Robbie, Holly and the guy from McFly to be in the final three

In the 02 Feb 22 and 23rd, Wednesday and Thursday. Bit of a bugger it's not the weekend but there you go. Priority tickets on sale from tomorrow, general sale next thursday. Good luck!

• Advertisement

flutegirl wrote: »
    In the 02 Feb 22 and 23rd, Wednesday and Thursday. Bit of a bugger it's not the weekend but there you go. Priority tickets on sale from tomorrow, general sale next thursday. Good luck!

what dancers are dancing, Is it celebs as well?

Advertisement