Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NAMA Pay Hike - Suprised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Its so corrupt it's almost funny isn't it, they don't give a flying f*ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Its so corrupt it's almost funny isn't it, they don't give a flying f*ck

What makes you think its corrupt? Or are you just basing this on a dream you had?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Absolutely does not surprise me.
    They know they can get away with it and take note, they announce this when the Dail is closed so public discussion about it, is kept to the bar stools and no further!
    The TD's being all gone their directions for Paddy's day!

Timing coinsidence or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Ah sure look, id least i dont have to feel so bad now about not answering the phones or doing any counter duties for the rest of the day now.

• Advertisement

stevoman wrote: »
    Ah sure look, id least i dont have to feel so bad now about not answering the phones or doing any counter duties for the rest of the day now.

I am very glad the money they took from you will be given to someone who will actually do some work!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The governmnet ****s you.

You take no action.
    You moan about people takign no action.
    Poeple take action and strike - you moan about them taking action.

MAKE YOUR ****ING MINDS UP.

if you´re that pissed off, do soemthing about it. If you don´t, I can only assume you´re not that pissed off. So does the government.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

You take no action.

if you´re that pissed off, do soemthing about it. If you don´t, I can only assume you´re not that pissed off. So does the government.

Who are you shouting at? Who is this you person you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

People need some realism here.

The NAMA people are staff from the National Treasury Agency and are currently swamped in NAMA-related work. I have no problem giving them a raise to reflect all the work their doing.

And the chair has got an increase of 70% to 170,000. Might seem like a lot, but for the man responsible for managing the largest asset vehicle in the world, it really is not a huge amount of money. I was honestly surprised at how LITTLE he was earning!

Before someone suggests I have any connects with NAMA/Government/Developers, I don't. But I am aware of the standard packages chief executives and Chairs normally receive, and this is WELL below average!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

I am only surprised it took so long..... 3 months on those meagre wages... maybe it will be back dated.

• Advertisement

enda1 wrote: »
    Who are you shouting at? Who is this you person you speak of?

Most of the posters so far, bar the ones who don´t mind and Biggins who, I know, has taken action in the past.

And anyone else who thinks that this is in some way unfair. ESPECIALLY those who voted for FF in the last election.

enda1 wrote: »
    I am very glad the money they took from you will be given to someone who will actually do some work!

ah sure i dont mind. i make too much anyways. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Most of the posters so far, bar the ones who don´t mind and Biggins who, I know, has taken action in the past.

And anyone else who thinks that this is in some way unfair. ESPECIALLY those who voted for FF in the last election.

probably me as well, i moan a huge amount, but i just don't have the time to go throw stones at bertie's office. fcuk it, let's set up a party.

Here's my manifesto -

JUSTICE - send a baseball bat to the home of all the electorate, so that we can save money on police by giving everyone the option of dealing out the justice that the courts won't. All police in future to have a minimum of a degree. no more taytos with 5 D grades in the Leaving cert, it's not fcuking on.

FINANCE - all TD positions will be e50 grand a year, with compulsory clocking in/out and published expenses. no more money spent on spires, or the arts. paddy's day cancelled cos it's only so people can get drunk and try to fight you. introduce a huge tax on churches, because they are more harmful than smoking. water charge of e500/household/year. (figure plucked from my arse)

HEALTH - GET. HARNEY. OUT.

DRUGS - legalise, tax and control everything. mandatory 10 year sentences for anyone found dealing.

genericguy wrote: »
    probably me as well, i moan a huge amount, but i just don't have the time to go throw stones at bertie's office. fcuk it, let's set up a party.

Here's my manifesto -

JUSTICE - send a baseball bat to the home of all the electorate, so that we can save money on police by giving everyone the option of dealing out the justice that the courts won't. All police in future to have a minimum of a degree. no more taytos with 5 D grades in the Leaving cert, it's not fcuking on.

FINANCE - all TD positions will be e50 grand a year, with compulsory clocking in/out and published expenses. no more money spent on spires, or the arts. paddy's day cancelled cos it's only so people can get drunk and try to fight you. introduce a huge tax on churches, because they are more harmful than smoking. water charge of e500/household/year. (figure plucked from my arse)

DRUGS - legalise, tax and control everything. mandatory 10 year sentences for anyone found dealing.
    i wish to subscribe to your pamphlet

stevoman wrote: »
    i wish to subscribe to your pamphlet

then just PM me your bank a/c details and we'll get on it together.

seriously though, lets set up a party. we'd at least get into the papers and get to publicly make harney jokes with a massive audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

In years to come, people will use the word NAMA to describe a scam. People are still under the illusion that NAMA is designed to bail out the property developers and banks. This is patently false. Its principle function is to funnel enough tax payers money into the banks through the front door to ensure the banks can funnel it out the back door to the bondholders.

ANARCHY!!!!! Extreme leftist!!

TOTALISTARIANISM!!! Extreme rightist!! Hell of a swing there, mate - hope gravity didn´t come into play.

GOOD POINT!!!! And we´re back in the middle again....
    [/B]DRUGS - legalise, tax and control everything. mandatory 10 year sentences for anyone found dealing.

ANARC... TOTALIT.... Liberalism....??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...seriously though, lets set up a party.

I'm in. Have the website and all!

ANARCHY!!!!! Extreme leftist!!

TOTALISTARIANISM!!! Extreme rightist!! Hell of a swing there, mate - hope gravity didn´t come into play.

GOOD POINT!!!! And we´re back in the middle again....

ANARC... TOTALIT.... Liberalism....??

this mixture of different ideologies will be called

commonsensism. a concept so outlandish to this country that we will be doomed to fail from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭TheDuderino

People need some realism here.

The NAMA people are staff from the National Treasury Agency and are currently swamped in NAMA-related work. I have no problem giving them a raise to reflect all the work their doing.

And the chair has got an increase of 70% to 170,000. Might seem like a lot, but for the man responsible for managing the largest asset vehicle in the world, it really is not a huge amount of money. I was honestly surprised at how LITTLE he was earning!

Before someone suggests I have any connects with NAMA/Government/Developers, I don't. But I am aware of the standard packages chief executives and Chairs normally receive, and this is WELL below average!

Arrrrah Balls!
    The people who now work in NAMA, signed up knowing full well what the task in hand would be and how much work they would need to wade through. It isnt as if the work load kinda snuck up on them after a few years. Its only been a few months, so yeah, they knew what the work load would be, they agreed wages for this work load but now they are in, they have started to milk it.
    I was just a little naive to think it would be 6+ months before it would start.

Besides... if they had advertised the jobs at this new level in the beginning, chances are more qualified people (who expected a higher wage) would have been lured into the position.

• Advertisement

this mixture of different ideologies will be called

commonsensism. a concept so outlandish to this country that we will be doomed to fail from the start.

Sorry, but

FINANCE - all TD positions will be e50 grand a year, with compulsory clocking in/out and published expenses. no more money spent on spires, or the arts. paddy's day cancelled cos it's only so people can get drunk and try to fight you. introduce a huge tax on churches, because they are more harmful than smoking. water charge of e500/household/year. (figure plucked from my arse) [/B]

...this is anything but common sense!!! Entertaining, yes (especially the bit about guards having degrees :D) but.... just not common sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

You take no action.

I always hear people saying this. Honestly, what are the people meant to do. The first thing that comes to my head is protest, but even that requires massive amounts of organisation and support. A lot of people I know, my family and self included would be more than willing to show support for anything rivalling the governments actions

Sorry, but

...this is anything but common sense!!! Entertaining, yes (especially the bit about guards having degrees :D) but.... just not common sense!

definitely is common sense ikky, people should be allowed protect themselves and avenge their loved ones rather than watch scum who do bad things to them getting sent for free food, gym and shelter for a couple of months.

and the gardaí should be very well educated, as in my own experience many of them are thick and as such I have little confidence in many of their abilities both as keepers of the peace and as solvers of crime. they should also be better paid in respect of their education.

someone applying should only be allowed to be a garda in the traffic corps
    degree/postgrad = more likely to be capable of lateral thought and troubleshooting problems, so they can be real cops. with guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,546 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sadly, theres some legitimate grievances in this thread - but they're obsfuscated by a storm of hysterical ridicule and mockery of what should be a very serious concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Here's my manifesto -

Reminds me of that Father Ted quote :D
    Ted: Dougal, how did you get into the church in the first place? Was it, like, 'collect 12 crisp packets and become a priest?'

But in all seriousness, it's shocking, this country really needs to change it's way of thinking but I think everyone afraid that if they get rid of this goverment a worse one may come along and take it's place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'd love to see who this genius is that people think is going to come in and replace Harney and make the health service a model one :confused:

I'm no fan of the current government but you're only fooling yourselves if you think there's going to be an improvement when she goes, she's the only one willing to take it on and has done a better job that anyone of the other crowd would have. FF are happy to leave her hanging there so they can turn around and tell their constituents, look, it wasn't one of us, it was a PD/ex PD, a right stitch up if there ever was one.

We either need a ruthless business man or a minister willing to tell the unions and management to go fu(k themselves, this is the way it's going to work from now on, neither of which is going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this "all the work they're doing" is the same work that was always on the cards ?

And what about all the people countrywide who are swamped doing extra work because some of their colleagues were laid off ?

I tell ya - if I was on €100K a year I'd be available round the clock - that's phenomenal money to earn.....almost €400 per day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Jip wrote: »
    We either need a ruthless business man or a minister willing to tell the unions and management to go fu(k themselves, this is the way it's going to work from now on, neither of which is going to happen.

We also need a minister willing to tell timewasters and expense-grabbers and perjurors and every other dodgy self-serving gob****e in his own party that their actions will not be tolerated, and that they're going to earn €50K max from now on, with no pensions until they're 68 the same as every other normal person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Now where can we ever get such people ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

jobs for the boys!!!!

Advertisement