Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing Xbox Dashboard to XBMC

Options
  • 14-05-2007 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Just a quick questions. I modded my box about 2 years ago using the Slayers auto installer. I am currently running Evox dashboard and I launch XBMC as an app. Now I want to get rid of Evox and run XBMC as my Dash and clean up the hard drive as Slayers put stuff all over the hard disk. I am just wondering can I reformat the HD and reinstall XBMC as my dash or am I totally wrong here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Download the latest version of XMBC. Remove the old folder, and inside the new folder should be some shortcut xbe files. Replace your current dash xbe on the c:\ drive with the shortcut. Config the shortcut cfg file to point to the XMBC folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Sweet! thanks man, got it sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I used the same softmod but my C drive appears empty over FTP and in the XBMC browser. Is this because the hard drive is locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

no u most likely have a shadow c drive!

its like that for backup reasons if u try and tamper with the softmod!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

for some reason I cannot FTP to my old xbox anymore and want to put xbox media centre on it and ideas on how to get XBMC onto my xbox without FTPing via a dvd for example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement