Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSP advice needed

• 09-06-2007 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just got my hands on a PSP, and I wanna use it as a portable mini arcade :D

Only problem is, it had firmware 2.81 on it. I updated it to 3.03 as I saw advised, but now apparently I will need a copy of GTA:LCS to downgrade it to 1.5.

Is this still the case or has anyone come up with a way around this?

~Damo~

[EDIT]

OR does anyone in the Dublin area have an unpatched copy of GTA:LCS that I could use for two minutes to enable me to downgrade? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

rent a copy from xtravision!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I checked xtravision, they have it... but as I was joining there and then, I wasn't allowed to rent out games till I've had 10 rentals... -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I think ya can just use custom firmware can't ya?? Prob is gettin iso's / cso's to actually run. Out of about 15 i've downloaded can only get 3 to work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Custom firmware is the plan, to install some of Dark Alex's adaptations of the recent firmwares, but to install them, you gotta get it down to 1.5 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I have just done this for a mate, I have GTA and got it down from 3.03 to 1.5 and then flashed it back up to 3.03 oe-b, there have been newer custom firmwares released but I don't have the need to change as I have most new games working on it plus PS1 games and loads of emulators all without the hassle of dax or devhook or any of those loaders.
    If you need any help let me know.

ps I bought GTA on ebay for 25 euro, gonna keep it as you never know when you might need it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement