Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Five Guys Coming To Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's like CA$14 (~E10) for a burger and fries in Vancouver at Five Guys. It's one of the more expensive fast food chains, and I wouldn't say it's much better. I'm more partial to Carl's Jr really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭hopgog

Wonder if Zoe Quinn will come for the grand opening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Novella wrote: »
    Would you be more agreeable if I said that their burgers are better than In N Out? Or Smash Burger? I'd say that their competitors are any fast food restaurants selling similar food at a similar price. You can get a burger and fries at McDonalds and you can get a burger and fries at Five Guys, both for under $10 here in the US.

I don't think I've been disagreeable although I may disagree!

Cheapest 5Guys hamburger in the UK is £6.75 with fries at £2.75. Byron is precisely the same price for table service and an agreeable atmosphere. Whatever about the US, 5Guys will be pitching itself against Jo'burger, GBK, and Nandos in the irish market. It will not be comparable pricing to McDs or BK unless they are looking to pay out large franchise fees for a low priced product.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

hopgog wrote: »
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

hopgog wrote: »

huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thargor wrote: »
    Why?
    huh?

4chan/reddit started using the burger chain to refer to a certain story involving her.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Let's leave that stuff in 4chan & reddit then.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Dial Hard wrote: »
    WHHHHHYYYYYYYY couldn't they have bought a Chipotle franchise??????

My uncle tried to bring it in a few years back. I'm not sure exactly what happened in the end but clearly it didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Advertisement