Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    perhaps where a vacant house with a glass front door was done in.

That's why I don't particularly like the doors around here. A lock is pointless when you can just smash through a big gap in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

As posted by a friend on FB - absolutely genuine.

<SNIP>

"Last Friday in meteor in the (Blanchardstown) centre, he watched me put my pin in and when I turned my back he swiped my card and 100 out of my purse then went down to the ATM and took 400 out of my account"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Not the place to post pics of people and accuse them of a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

That's why I don't particularly like the doors around here. A lock is pointless when you can just smash through a big gap in the middle.

yes, agreed. Some of our neighbours also pull their blinds when they're away on holidays - never got my head around that one. Other than putting a big neon sign up that's say's 'vacant house, please rob'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    Getting reports of a lot of side gates forcibly opened last night in Riverwood Dene / Dale, no reports of thefts yet.
    About but 2 weeks ago (Sunday 2 June around 2am) a few sheds in Riverwood Chase/Copse were broken into. In one case a bike was taken (from an unlocked shed) and the locked side gate ripped open.

Builders in my house left a really crappy bike in the back garden and this was taken, but dumped about 100m away (probably when they realised how useless it was).

I don't have the details of the 2 other break-ins on the same night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone heard of break-ins at the back of superquinn (rushmore i think) about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Arciphel wrote: »
    Thread is getting busy again :cool:

Just saw this article on the Herald, anyone from Clonee/Littlepace you might remember a few weeks ago in February that an Eircom VDSL cabinet at the side of the road there by the entrance to Swallbrook.

1eBKl7tl.jpg

Well it turns out the female driver (Ann Sherry,51 from Tallaght)who ploughed into the cabinet has been fined €1,000, banned from driving for six years and sentenced to three months in prison. get this, she was driving without insurance or a driving licence and driving while disqualified for a period of three years for drink driving.

At the scene she refused to get out of the jeep and refused to provide a sample, it then turned out she was more than three times over the drink drive limit.

The full story is here - Link to Herald.ie
    She should really be behind bars for her and everyone else's safety. She clearly has a problem she can't control and she's an obvious danger to others. She won't heed this ban any more than the last one and next time the VDSL cabinet might well be a human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

murphaph wrote: »
    She should really be behind bars for her and everyone else's safety.

The post you quoted in your reply states that she was sentenced to 3 months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    The post you quoted in your reply states that she was sentenced to 3 months.

I think the point he's making is that "Disqualifying" someone from driving, doesn't actually stop'em from driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

I think the point he's making is that "Disqualifying" someone from driving, doesn't actually stop'em from driving.

Car seized and crushed has a bit more finality about it......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Seriously, she could just go and buy another car, or use someone else's car... if she wanted to drive she'd find a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Few days from down Rathkeale way are around the Littlepace area this evening. Maroon coloured Ford Transit with an LK registration. Knocking on dorrs doing the usual line about gutters and rooves, also saying they are sealing lead flashing using an "aquasealer" so they take your lead flashing away and replace with this plastic material. You can see where this is going :pac::pac::pac: watch out for them. Need less to say, they are doing work for "a lot of your neighbours" and have "lots of stuff left over" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,793 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Few days from down Rathkeale way are around the Littlepace area this evening. Maroon coloured Ford Transit with an LK registration. Knocking on dorrs doing the usual line about gutters and rooves, also saying they are sealing lead flashing using an "aquasealer" so they take your lead flashing away and replace with this plastic material. You can see where this is going :pac::pac::pac: watch out for them. Need less to say, they are doing work for "a lot of your neighbours" and have "lots of stuff left over" :rolleyes:

Take the reg and report it for attempted deception and let the guards decide on it. The guards have a big ongoing operation in place at the moment about illegal metal trade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Castleknock,auburn/area 20 year old ringing then banging on door, to sus out houses, when you open the door he comes out with some story, ;is paul there. This was at 7pm yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Have seen on fb & twitter that some people are going door to door with fake castleknock gaa sponsorship forms

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

2 fellows out last night robbing sheds near Ongar/Allendale last night

Kev. wrote: »

Seen? Caught? Detained?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Kev. wrote: »

We had our back windscreen broken last night in Ongar Village too. They threw a huge lump of concrete through it. It cost more to fix than the insurance would cover, so we had to pay a portion of it. It's like there is a permanent full moon around here recently - it's getting worse and worse. We've had damage done to our car five times now and I thoroughly wish I had not bought here. 100K in negative equity now though so there's no getting out. I should mention that we are in a communal parking area, so it's a lot easier for this kind of thing to happen there and hopefully those with driveways are not seeing it as much. It's obviously not as bad as having a house break-in, but all of these fix-ups are adding up when they're not completely covered by insurance.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Seen? Caught? Detained?

They were seen by my neighbor outside our house,their dog was going mental and they opened the window and told them the police were on the way.One of them had a cycling helmet on them and were on a bike which another neighbour said was robbed out of there shed that night.

I looked at my cctv when my neighbour said it to me and sure enough at 4.25 AM the 2 of them were outside my house ready to pounce.

Thanks god my neighbour has a fine guard dog

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Praetorian22

Hi Guys

Clonsilla train station area

1) two burnt out cars in a home driveway (one in the driveway, one outside) last week

2) family member was walking home late last night, some fellow appeared from the woods are gave them a scare and told them they were out looking for three lads who have seemingly been robbing people with lump hammers over the last few nights, when asked why he was out by himself looking for them he replied he was in the army although didint have a military cut to him. He was seen walking around the local estate a few minutes later back and forth with his hood up. Not sure if he was part of that crew or what, but I think its worth putting out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Twizzler wrote: »
    We had our back windscreen broken last night in Ongar Village too. They threw a huge lump of concrete through it. It cost more to fix than the insurance would cover, so we had to pay a portion of it. It's like there is a permanent full moon around here recently - it's getting worse and worse. We've had damage done to our car five times now and I thoroughly wish I had not bought here. 100K in negative equity now though so there's no getting out. I should mention that we are in a communal parking area, so it's a lot easier for this kind of thing to happen there and hopefully those with driveways are not seeing it as much. It's obviously not as bad as having a house break-in, but all of these fix-ups are adding up when they're not completely covered by insurance.

I'm always saying how bad ongar is and WILL be. One small thing, Just look at the lack of maintenance in the general area.

So what is the story with Ongar, is there an active mgmt committee / residents assoc? Is there a real neighbourhood watch coordinated by the Gardai? Have the local Councillors been asked to run local forums to address this anti-social crap? No point just bleating online folks, if its not confronted now in the real world ongar will have some serious problems soon.

Hi Guys

2) family member was walking home late last night, some fellow appeared from the woods are gave them a scare and told them they were out looking for three lads who have seemingly been robbing people with lump hammers over the last few nights, when asked why he was out by himself looking for them he replied he was in the army although didint have a military cut to him. He was seen walking around the local estate a few minutes later back and forth with his hood up. Not sure if he was part of that crew or what, but I think its worth putting out there.

My brother was telling me that a chap was robbed down the rat road by 3 fellows last month..dont know how true it is but Ive advised my little fellow to use a different route.

The rat road is the old route to Ongar village from outside Allendale estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

That road is very secluded now alright, I wouldn't go down it in broad daylight let alone at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Polar101

That road is very secluded now alright, I wouldn't go down it in broad daylight let alone at night.

I walk the road often and never saw any trouble.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Am I thinking of the correct road? From clonsilla station, past st josephs hospital up to ongar?

I walk that all the time. I've never seen anything there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

amdublin wrote: »
    Am I thinking of the correct road? From clonsilla station, past st josephs hospital up to ongar?

I walk that all the time. I've never seen anything there at all.

I'm assuming it's the fairly heavily tree-lined road that used to be the main back road from Clonsilla to Clonee before the development started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Polar101

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's the fairly heavily tree-lined road that used to be the main back road from Clonsilla to Clonee before the development started.

That's the one. I think it's quite nice now that it's closed for car traffic, didn't think people thought it was a scary road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Bike was robbed outside of the Ashtown train station last week, apart from that I feel quite safe and secure out in Dublin 15.

• Advertisement

Those fake / con charity clothing collection stickers are being delivered at all hours. I happened to get out of bed to get water at 1am when I saw one coming through the door so I scared the cr@p out of the lad when I whipped open the door and told him to stick it on himself. I dont suppose he sees many householders at that hour.

I dont like the idea of what else those fraudsters are up to in the middle of the night, so Ive sent on the van reg to the Guards, Id encourage everyone to report the same

Advertisement