Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    I'm in work. I have practically just eaten the contents of a jar of peanut butter with a spoon and am very close to hitting the chocolate biscuits to accompany my coffee number ridiculous of the day. Of the 1.5 litre bottle of water that has been sitting on my desk all day, no less than half of it has been consumed. And all I can think about is a cold beer and/or a room temperature bottle of vino tinto which I doubt I'll be able to say no to when I eventually get home.

So, in a word, No. :rolleyes:;)

I do still like runing though! :)

Digger would have something to say about this! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Mr Slow wrote: »

Ah cr*p! I edited it but you quoted me like a bully!

He wouldn't though. He's currently a student at the "Derek Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good", as we discovered that he's actually just an illiterate with a computer what does spell-check! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I raise my large bottle of Guinness to you Speedy. And yes, my body is a temple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

He wouldn't though. He's currently a student at the "Derek Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good", as we discovered that he's actually just an illiterate with a computer what does spell-check! ;)

He English speak not good?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

chinguetti wrote: »
    I raise my large bottle of Guinness to you Speedy. And yes, my body is a temple.

Of Bacchus. My kind of temple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

There have been quite a few spelling mistakes from the Foxrock Express recently but I'm trying to rise above making the constant corrections;)

[/QUOTE]He wouldn't though. He's currently a student at the "Derek Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good", as we discovered that he's actually just an illiterate with a computer what does spell-check! ;)[/QUOTE]

The files are in the computer?.......;)

I'm in work. I have practically just eaten the contents of a jar of peanut butter with a spoon and am very close to hitting the chocolate biscuits to accompany my coffee number ridiculous of the day. Of the 1.5 litre bottle of water that has been sitting on my desk all day, no less than half of it has been consumed. And all I can think about is a cold beer and/or a room temperature bottle of vino tinto which I doubt I'll be able to say no to when I eventually get home.

So, in a word, No. :rolleyes:;)

I do still like running though! :)

I settled for half a bottle of room temperature vino tinto in the end..;):D

He English speak not good?

Someday he'll learn how to spoke proper. Until then we shall tolerate and humor his remo ways!

Wednesday 17th Nov
    5 @ 8.57
    Another lovely commute - got a lie-on and the run is done and dusted for the day :)

I think I shall purchase a new pair of runners via the world wide web over lunch..:D

Wednesday 17th Nov
    5 @ 8.57
    Another lovely commute - got a lie-on and the run is done and dusted for the day :)

I think I shall purchase a new pair of runners via the world wide web over lunch..:D

Well, you are the new owner of a head torch to keep you safe on those Winter commutes....:)

• Advertisement

Friday 18th Nov
    5.15 @ 9.50

Another early start. And slightly earlier than usual so a little bit creakier! It's nice to run at 9.50 pace and not feel guilty for not pushing it or annoyed for not being able to push it. Just another nice sensible recovery. Have run every day this week so hangoer / rest day tomorrow and the first decent long run since DCM on sunday hopefully.

Friday 18th Nov
    5.15 @ 9.50

Another early start. And slightly earlier than usual so a little bit creakier! It's nice to run at 9.50 pace and not feel guilty for not pushing it or annoyed for not being able to push it. Just another nice sensible recovery. Have run every day this week so hangoer / rest day tomorrow and the first decent long run since DCM on sunday hopefully.

Howth

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Howth

;)

Saturday 19th Nov
    Rest

Sunday 20th Nov
    10.02 @ 10.09
    Bailed on the group run in the park this morning as I couldn't face the thought of having to set my alarm after the week I'd had and the mother of a hangover I had yesterday :rolleyes:

So myself and Digdig decided to shake it up a bit and venture a new and different sort of run for the craic. We headed up to Marlay and parked the car intending to run the Wiclow Way (5 miles out and 5 miles back).
    It was a tough ole run. 1.5 miles uphill to get to the bottom of the actual hill... The motto was slow and steady. Had to stop and stretch out the calves once or twice after a couple of steep steep climbs. The trail bits were pretty tough too and required a fair bit of concentration. There is only so fast I could try to go on these parts for fear of twisting an ankle or a knee - sensibility reigned!

I wore my marathon runners and though they were grand, I think I'll have to invest in a pair of trail runners. Although it was a tough run, I felt good throughout. Finished with a good fast mile back in Marlay to bring the average pace back down to 10.09 (we were at 11 m/m at half way!). Feel ok now but I suspect the glutes will be sore tomorrow!

Will definitely be doing some more of this stuff. There were a couple of stretches where we were climbing but it felt flat relative to the really steep bits. Good Connemara training! It was so peacful and refreshing. Just what the doctor ordered. :)

FYI - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/129930705

Wasn't so peaceful when you were giving me grief for running too fast on the downhill bits ;) Great run though, you are continuing to excel! It's looking like I'll have to start taking this running thing seriously to keep you in your place :)

Wasn't so peaceful when you were giving me grief for running too fast on the downhill bits ;) Great run though, you are continuing to excel! It's looking like I'll have to start taking this running thing seriously to keep you in your place :)

I was referring specifically to the bit of peace I got at the top of every hill when I had to stop and wait for you to catch up with me...:pac:

I was referring specifically to the bit of peace I got at the top of every hill when I had to stop and wait for you to catch up with me...:pac:

Funny eh ;)

Monday 21st November
    5 @ 8.13

Was looking forward to running home all day but the hours ticked on and I wasn't getting anywhere. Eventually finished up in work around 8 and came so close to just ordering a taxi. Stayed strong and took enjoyment in letting out the frustration in the fresh air. Really good run. Will have to make the morning a recovery though after it!

Tuesday 22nd November
    5 @ 9.05
    Run into work this morning and the plan was a recovery run similar to the few I did last week at 10/10.15 pace. When I crawled out of the bed, the legs and glutes were feeling the hills from Sunday far worse than they did yesterday (though last night's run may have had something to do with that). Anyway got up and out, hit start and started trotting. Wasn't paying attention to the Garmin. Glanced at the distance once or twice to make sure I made the 5 miles but didn't look at the pace at all. Just realised having plugged the Garmin in that I averaged 9.05 which was way faster than it felt and I planned. I'm blaming the downhill route for that (however with that logic, the run home last night must have been an extra good one!:cool:). Really enjoyed it anyway, nice morning and great to get some fresh air and clear the headspace before the day :)

Tuesday 22nd November
    5 @ 9.05
    [ Reakky enjoyed it anyway, nice morning :)

Glad you reakky enjoyed it raytard ;)

• Advertisement

Glad you reakky enjoyed it raytard ;)

Sh*g off. I'm busy. That is all!

Wednesday 23rd November
    5.02 @ 9.26

I think I ran into work this morn... So long ago it's a bit cloudy! Tried to keep it more recovery and the leggies thanked me. Happy days these days. :)

New runners have arrived at the dispatch facility in Dublin... Looks like Santa's gonna arrive a month early :)

Thursday 25th November
    7.04 @ 9.03
    Have to state the route to explain the pace this morning - from leopardstown to the quays - i.e. a very nice recovery route. Was blustery this morning and nearly got taken out of the game by some random flying twigs. Nothing else exciting to report. These commuter runs are pretty uneventful! Although they do facilitate rage which isn't a bad thing!

Am hoping to get my new runners today which I'll take for a wee walk tomorrow and then hopefully (if I can stay off the booze tomorrow night) a long run on Saturday (so I can hit the booze on Saturday night…) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thursday 25th November
    7.04 @ 9.03
    Have to state the route to explain the pace this morning - from leafy Foxrock to the quays - i.e. a very nice recovery route.

FYP. Torquay Rd is not Leopardstown. Embrace your Poshness, don't be ashamed of it :p

menoscemo wrote: »
    FYP. Torquay Rd is not Leopardstown. Embrace your Poshness, don't be ashamed of it :p

I'm not ashamed… In fact I'm sitting here wondering which pair of my brand new runners I should christen tomorrow - blue/white or pink/grey? Once I make that choice, I'll have a think about which car I'll drive to the park - the porsche or the ferrari?! Or maybe I won't even go to the bother of opening the gates at all, and just take the chopper up and out of the grounds… Ah decisions decisions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm not ashamed… In fact I'm sitting here wondering which pair of my brand new runners I should christen tomorrow - blue/white or pink/grey? Once I make that choice, I'll have a think about which car I'll drive to the park - the porsche or the ferrari?! Or maybe I won't even go to the bother of opening the gates at all, and just take the chopper up and out of the grounds… Ah decisions decisions!!

Definitely take the chopper. There's a Helipad at Garda HQ so you'll only have to walk 50yards to the meet up point.

Friday 25th November
    2.86 @ 8.35
    A random run to get out of town for a lift the rest of the way home. The legs are an untapped commuter resource! So much handier than trekking around bus and Luas stops and suffering traffic and breathing public transport germs! :)

Was supposed to go for a walk to break in the new runners a bit but am sitting with my feet up eating a Christmas-sized tin of Roses that I won at a table quiz last night - ah the joys of being a know-it-all... ;)

Looking forward to a good run in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

A tin of roses and it isn't even December!! Then again with your recent running form....you deserve them.
    DIG in!! I'm hilarious, me.

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    A tin of roses and it isn't even December!! Then again with your recent running form....you deserve them.
    DIG in!! I'm hilarious, me.

I digged in...for the entire weekend. ;) I'm a binge-eating monster since DCM. It's a little incredible... But I like it!! :)

Advertisement