Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile phones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

jay93 wrote: »
    Paul is this effective yet ?
    Still no info on your site about it.
    But my god this is great all my family and friends will be pleased to hear about this .
    So only 10euro i needed to get free calls txts and picture messages to tesco mobile now am i right there :)

Tesco mobile just keeps getting better and better .:D:D:D

Hi Jay

Yes its live! Its on the website here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/FreeCallsAndTexts.aspx

We have simplified the process also so that everytime you topup by €10 or more you get 30 days free cals, texts and picture messages to everyone on Tesco Mobile. And we still give you €10 bonus credit everytime also!

I reckon this will be great for families where managing a €10eur topup every few weeks helps more with the budgeting. And everyone in the family will be able to stay in touch with each other for free,

You can order free SIMs for friends and family members here

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/international.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

emo72 wrote: »
    hi paul, heres a great idea for you. help make tescos even more billions!

why not get the zte blade as an exclusive tesco handset in the republic? you can tell their popularity by the its thread in android. its a mega phone, i got one for my son, and i will have to go back to norn iron to buy another one for my daughter. just saying like.
    If you got this phone (at a reasonable price) I would change, as would several of my friends

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Paul there seems to be plenty of interest in the Zte Blade.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Data roaming needs to be on... This is because we roam on O2

There are no extra charges in fact it will be free to you OH on Tesco Mobile if you topped up on last 2 days by 10e or more

Hi Paul,

Finally resolved this MMS problem on the OSF/ZTE Blade...........

It is all in the APN settings, you need two.....one Default, and a seperate MMS.

This is what I did, and it has worked.....

perhaps you could review the settings below, and let me know if there is anything else, but I found these work for MMS. (Some of this info was compiled in co-operation with UK giffgaff users forum)

Can you let me know what is the situation regarding 3G SIM's, which seem to be available now.

Do we now get 3G speeds when available, will I need a new SIM? Mine is already a year old??

First you need two APN set, one Default and another MMS....

Default APN has:

Name: tesco
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: Not set
    MMS proxy: Not set
    MMS port: not set
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: None
    APN type: default

MMS APN as follows:

Name: tesco mms
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication type: None
    APN type: mms

In Settings/Wireless & networks/Mobile networks

Make sure: Date Enabled and Data Roaming both checked(enabled).....

Tesco Roams on the O2 network, (no extra cost)....

When you send an MMS message, you will see the Edge symbol (E) in the notification area.

Yes you should get a 3G Sim if you don't have already. Yes you will get 3G speeds if available.

• Advertisement

Yes you should get a 3G Sim if you don't have already. Yes you will get 3G speeds if available.

Can I order a 3G SIM with my existing number and one for OH? (mine 089...hers 087 ported to Tesco.)

I also want to get SIMs for my two sons and the missus, can't these be ordered on-line for free? Son's will use the 089 SIM's.

Thanks Paul, great support :D

Can I order a 3G SIM with my existing number and one for OH? (mine 089...hers 087 ported to Tesco.)

I also want to get SIMs for my two sons and the missus, can't these be ordered on-line for free? Son's will use the 089 SIM's.

Thanks Paul, great support :D

Hi pancake,

Yes order the free SIMs online here http://shop.tescomobile.ie/international.aspx

When you get them then call customer car and they will do the swap over the phone allowing you to keep your numbers.

regards
    Paul

Hi pancake,

Yes order the free SIMs online here http://shop.tescomobile.ie/international.aspx

When you get them then call customer car and they will do the swap over the phone allowing you to keep your numbers.

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, will do....

Hi pancake,

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul....

See below, from your Customer Care ppl:
    Dear Customer,

I regret to inform you that your recent order 8280 on the Tesco Mobile Online Shop has been declined for security purposes. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Yours Sincerely

Tesco Mobile

So, I ordered 1 earlier for myself (order 8278), and the above was an order for my OH and my son....

So am I now considered a "security" risk by Tesco? :mad:

Funny, they never decline my money when I or OH are topping up, with our stored Visa Card details which Tesco have or shopping in Tesco Supermarkets, etc. etc.

I am very annoyed with this, as you have indicated previously there was no problem with this and we could order SIM's for friends and family using

So, what gives?

BTW, no blame attached to you at all....:)

Hi Pancake, apologies this is likely a default rule triggered from the website due to multiple orders. I will follow up and PM you. Regards Paul

• Advertisement

Hi Pancake, apologies this is likely a default rule triggered from the website due to multiple orders. I will follow up and PM you. Regards Paul

Fair play Paul, above and beyond my friend.

thanks, IP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I say, give that €9 Lottery ticket to Paul for being so helpful. :D And fair play to Tesco for making talk cheap :p to our faraway friends. Jack Cohen's adage of high stacking and cheap selling works SO well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi Jay

Yes its live! Its on the website here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/FreeCallsAndTexts.aspx

We have simplified the process also so that everytime you topup by €10 or more you get 30 days free cals, texts and picture messages to everyone on Tesco Mobile. And we still give you €10 bonus credit everytime also!

I reckon this will be great for families where managing a €10eur topup every few weeks helps more with the budgeting. And everyone in the family will be able to stay in touch with each other for free,

You can order free SIMs for friends and family members here

regards
    Paul

Cheers paul thats great :)
    It certainly will help people on tight budgets spend alot less on mobile credit ,its great that the 10euro free credit is still included with the 10euro top up.

Again great offer :) now to persuade more of my friends and family to move to tesco mobile :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im seriously considering switching from O2 PAYG to Tesco based on the new €10 double credit deal - its a brilliant offer to switch my wife and son over to too ... the one thing stopping me is the absence of webtxting ... it's something we all use extensively .. hhhhmmmmmmmm:confused:

We are working on a webtext solution. Should be in place during the summer.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

We are working on a webtext solution. Should be in place during the summer.

Regards
    Paul

post_thanks.gif ... I'll be watching this space post_thanks.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Anyone from Tesco able to confirm if the service is down in Kildare today?
    There are 3 prepay Tesco Mobiles on the go here and all 3 are showing no signal, while the service on the O2 phones seems to be fine.

Ta.

In Kildare town myself and no issues. Where exactly are you?

RayCon wrote: »
    Im seriously considering switching from O2 PAYG to Tesco based on the new €10 double credit deal - its a brilliant offer to switch my wife and son over to too ... the one thing stopping me is the absence of webtxting ... it's something we all use extensively .. hhhhmmmmmmmm:confused:

The double top up offer was out since tesco started up .if you top up by 10 you get 10 free.. 20 you get 20 free ..30 you get 30 free the free ..etc etc ..the new offer is that you only need to top up 10euro to get free calls texts and picture messages to other tesco mobile numbers.you used to have to put in 20 to get this but things are alot cheaper now they also have good data add ons too !!

In Kildare town myself and no issues. Where exactly are you?

Around the Curragh area at the moment. Full signal yesterday on everyone's handset, not a jot today.

• Advertisement

Was on the Curragh myself and had no issues today. Unusual that 3 phones would have issues alright. Did you reboot the phone?

Howdy.

Yeah, took the batteries out of all three, removed & re-entered the sims and still no bars. First time it's happened, and , like I say, all were fully operational on saturday, but have been without signal all day today.

Howdy.

Yeah, took the batteries out of all three, removed & re-entered the sims and still no bars. First time it's happened, and , like I say, all were fully operational on saturday, but have been without signal all day today.

PM me you numbers and I will check the accounts thanks Paul

There is an O2 2G site outage in the Curragh at the moment that must be affecting you Bondvillain. Your O2 phones are likely 3G as is my Tesco Mobile hence not affected.

I will track the status of the site for you.

regards
    Paul

Hi paul just a quick question here are Tesco Mobile bringing in webtext service in the summer or anytime after would be a very nice extra to have :)

Also i've been locked out of my online Tesco Mobile account basically 2years now how would i go about getting access to my account again?

I can't remember my user name password or anything for is it there anything i can do? I want to add my laser card to my account online and also use the other online features also .

Hi Jay,

Yes ring care on 1749 or 0894200000 and they can reset for you.

Yes I am reviewing the Webtext solution options at the moment. Plan to get it out there ASAP

Cheers
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

looks like a great new offer by tesco,

the only things that stopping me is the lack of webtexts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Especially with the recession biting deep now I bet O2 are regretting the deal they did with Tesco. Wonder how long this contract lasts between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Great service. Since moving to the US about five weeks ago, have been contacted almost daily by friends on 089. Deadly! For $0.02 per minute AT&T landlines reciprocate with 1k minutes per month. This also is to landlines or any mobile. Leaving home was never so easy :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Kerryspirit

HI can anyone tell me if my tescomobile sim works with an O2 locked phone?

Advertisement