Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

• 17-07-2012 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Welcome to the WeightWatchers thread - whether you're just starting out, you're a veteran point counter or you're just looking for an idea of what's involved, this thread will tell the tales and experiences of fellow WW'ers.

This thread is for support, encouragement and perhaps even a bit of education. If you have any dislikes of the Weight Watchers' system feel free to begin a thread in the main forum, but please bear in mind that the weight loss journey is a difficult enough one to embark on without having to deal with a constant barrage of detractors at every step you take.

With that in mind, WWers please also take note that as eating plans go, WW can be good, but is by no means infallible, and the points system is easily abused. If suggestions are made as to how you can improve your point management, or flaws in the WW system are pointed out in a constructive and practical way, try not to take it as a negative. There are a lot of very helpful and experienced folk who post around these parts, many of whom who've been through this journey too.

Please note however that given that the ethos of this forum is about healthy eating if any posts are deemed to be unsuitable for the thread/ forum they will be deleted.
    ***Some Do's and Don'ts***

1. DO report posts that are abusive, inflammatory, unhealthy, or go against the ethos of the forum and/ or thread. Please don't try and retaliate on-thread.

2. DON'T use the thread as a food diary. Any posters found to be logging their points on a daily basis will be banned.

3. DO ask questions about how many points are in food items but please use the search function where possible. There is another WW/ points thread that can also be availed of.

4. DO bear in mind that unhealthy eating behaviours cannot be supported in the forum and any posts found to be cause for concern will be deleted.

If you've any doubts or questions please feel free to PM one of the Moderators of the forum for help.

Best of luck everyone in your weight loss and healthy eating journeys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

g'em wrote: »
    Welcome to the WeightWatchers thread - whether you're just starting out, you're a veteran point counter or you're just looking for an idea of what's involved, this thread will tell the tales and experiences of fellow WW'ers.

This thread is for support, encouragement and perhaps even a bit of education. If you have any dislikes of the Weight Watchers' system feel free to begin a thread in the main forum, but please bear in mind that the weight loss journey is a difficult enough one to embark on without having to deal with a constant barrage of detractors at every step you take.

With that in mind, WWers please also take note that as eating plans go, WW can be good, but is by no means infallible, and the points system is easily abused. If suggestions are made as to how you can improve your point management, or flaws in the WW system are pointed out in a constructive and practical way, try not to take it as a negative. There are a lot of very helpful and experienced folk who post around these parts, many of whom who've been through this journey too.

Please note however that given that the ethos of this forum is about healthy eating if any posts are deemed to be unsuitable for the thread/ forum they will be deleted.
    ***Some Do's and Don'ts***

1. DO report posts that are abusive, inflammatory, unhealthy, or go against the ethos of the forum and/ or thread. Please don't try and retaliate on-thread.

2. DON'T use the thread as a food diary. Any posters found to be logging their points on a daily basis will be banned.

3. DO ask questions about how many points are in food items but please use the search function where possible. There is another WW/ points thread that can also be availed of.

4. DO bear in mind that unhealthy eating behaviours cannot be supported in the forum and any posts found to be cause for concern will be deleted.

If you've any doubts or questions please feel free to PM one of the Moderators of the forum for help.

Best of luck everyone in your weight loss and healthy eating journeys :)
    Its so shiny :) yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hi folks,

I have been on the missing list from here for weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks now! Between one thing and another I have been up and down in the motivation stakes....

I haven't been to class in 4 weeks but im going back tomorrow. At my last WI I was 10st 1.5lb, so I had got within 8.5lb of my goal. Like I said I have been really good some days and reeeeeeeeeeeeally bad others. A look at my scales over the weekend and I was flopping between 10st 1 & 10st 3lb... this morning I was 10st 2lb... Going to be really good today and tomorrow and hopefully I will STS, which i would be delighted about.

Exercise has been non existant bar a few short walks so that is definitely back on the menu in the Ali Household tonight.....

I may have lost my motivation a little but I have never been so close to goal before and I really don't want to throw the towel in now.

33lbs down 8.5 to go!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have been on the missing list from here for weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks now! Between one thing and another I have been up and down in the motivation stakes....

I haven't been to class in 4 weeks but im going back tomorrow. At my last WI I was 10st 1.5lb, so I had got within 8.5lb of my goal. Like I said I have been really good some days and reeeeeeeeeeeeally bad others. A look at my scales over the weekend and I was flopping between 10st 1 & 10st 3lb... this morning I was 10st 2lb... Going to be really good today and tomorrow and hopefully I will STS, which i would be delighted about.

Exercise has been non existant bar a few short walks so that is definitely back on the menu in the Ali Household tonight.....

I may have lost my motivation a little but I have never been so close to goal before and I really don't want to throw the towel in now.

33lbs down 8.5 to go!!!! :)

Welcome back Ali - was just wondering how you were getting on the other day. Great that you are so close to goal, and judging by the scales even if you are up it would only be by a pound or 2 which is fantastic after being missing 4 weeks. I know i could prob do a lot more damage in those weeks. Best of luck with the WI!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well after four long weeks of Sts and being good and on track. I kept persevering!
    Went out for dinner this week and had a free treats but 90% on track! Went to weigh in and .......
    DOWN 4lb!!!! DELIGHTED!!!

9lb down in 7 weeks! I'm happy with that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

I was up 1lb last week but have been quite good since and have really up'd the exercise. I was so proud of me, i ran 4.1 KM last night with out stopping (that .1 very important:p) I would never have been able to do that in the past. But now im carrying over 2 stone less which makes moving around alot easier, but im still nervous about wi on thursday as always. well done to everyone on your losses and best of luck to those who are still wating to wi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Well after four long weeks of Sts and being good and on track. I kept persevering!
    Went out for dinner this week and had a free treats but 90% on track! Went to weigh in and .......

Well done :) That is brilliant. It just goes to show that if you get a result (or 4) on the scales that you don't deserve/expect but you continue to persevere, you will see the results you deserve. Great loss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Welcome back Ali - was just wondering how you were getting on the other day. Great that you are so close to goal, and judging by the scales even if you are up it would only be by a pound or 2 which is fantastic after being missing 4 weeks. I know i could prob do a lot more damage in those weeks. Best of luck with the WI!

Thanks Tiny. I got a text from Mary last week that really spurred me on to get my backside in gear.

I have really noticed the lack of exercise. My belly seems a bit too loose for my liking.

You are getting on really well too... :) so good to log back on and see so many of the folks I winged to at the start.... :) You lot are keeping me from throwing in the towel..... It CAN BE DONE!!!!

ali85 wrote: »
    Thanks Tiny. I got a text from Mary last week that really spurred me on to get my backside in gear.

I have really noticed the lack of exercise. My belly seems a bit too loose for my liking.

You are getting on really well too... :) so good to log back on and see so many of the folks I winged to at the start.... :) You lot are keeping me from throwing in the towel..... It CAN BE DONE!!!!

Mary is great for keeping track of everyone. She text me when I missed one class (had gone to a different day/time that week) but its so nice to know she cares. She will be def happy to see you at WI.

I can't say enough how great this thread is, seeing people do so well and getting advice when we're struggling. Best thing I ever found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 flattummypls

Hey all,

I am a total new face to this thread (yay!) but have been reading back over the past few pages - there is ALOT! But it is great for getting some tips on recipes and seeing the encouragement that is offered for everyone. Really inspiring!

My stats: 5'9, starting WW at 11: 9lbs and this is my third week on it. Lost 7 pounds in my first week so down to 11.2lbs but then stayed the same at last nights meeting so a tinchy bit down over that - although I know its just me leveling out! Anyway in it until I make it to 10 even - absolute goal weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

A new thread how exciting! Once again I was good during the week and bad at the weekend and I was down 0.5 today. I am only 2 lbs away from a stone but I can't find the motivation to be good at the weekends!

I am feeling great though, I was working with proper models at the weekend and felt confident beside them were a few weeks ago I would hide away. I would like to lose another 10/14 lbs so that I have a bit of room to go up/down a few pounds. I think the WW goal that I was set is only 2.5 lbs away but I know I can get down at least another 10lbs as I have done it before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Quote: Dani 86... from the MKII thread:
    had a bad enough weekend and wasnt all that great 2day either, head is only half in the game, going to a mornin WI 2morrow as im off, goin to walk there and bac (its just over an hour each way) im not lookin forward to it to say the least, im startin to get a bit bored again, not with WW but just in general and thats when im a danger to myself!! im off to florida in october and sooo badly want to be in a bikini over there, but something my head is messing with me, its likr the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other! i just need to prioritise myself and this WW journey for awhile and try to banish all these devilish negative thoughts!!lol
    i also need to plan more, i do well when i plan but its not always easy in my house because my mother doesnt do planning ahead and isnt as strict as i am when it comes to cooking!! must definatly tackle that issue and regain control of the kitchem!!
    FX for the morning!!!

I'm the exact same as you. the last few weeks, my head is all over the place. I cant seem to settle myself back to WW at all. Like you, I really want to continue doing this, but I'm finding it difficult to shut the devil on that shoulder up at the moment. I've another 2 stone to lose, and I'd really love to see this out this time. I'm afraid that if I don't manage to get myself back in the game then all my good work will go out the window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done on the losses and welcome to those coming back or starting out :)

It will be a miracle if I'm not up tomorrow. It was my birthday on Thursday and it has been non stop since. I was out for dinner 3 times had copious amounts of alcohol and non stop nibbles of junk. Oh and zero exercise. Still a very good weekend :D I'm going to try and do a few DVDs today and hope the damage won't be too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI this mrn as im off 2day, down 3 but i dont know how much of that is deserved as i went from a pm to am WI!! Walked over 5.25miles this morn, 3to my meetind and over another 2into town!! My nike+ app has it @burning approx 500 cals so gona give it about 6activity points....does that seem about right??

Had a lovely lunch 2day of 50g(raw) pasta, 100g prawns, a tsp of pesto, tblsp xtra light mayo, lemon juice and chopped parsley all mixed together and served with some rocket, really tasty and filling with some melon after all 4 8pp!!!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done on the losses and welcome to those coming back or starting out :)

It will be a miracle if I'm not up tomorrow. It was my birthday on Thursday and it has been non stop since. I was out for dinner 3 times had copious amounts of alcohol and non stop nibbles of junk. Oh and zero exercise. Still a very good weekend :D I'm going to try and do a few DVDs today and hope the damage won't be too much!

Happy Birthday Eabhabear!! You're birthday only comes around oce a year so if you're up then you're up and dont worry. I'll be in the same boat as you next week so hoping for a good loss tonight to slightly balance it out! Not sure I'll get it though, still feeling bloated even though I know i was good!

ck83 wrote: »
    I'm the exact same as you. the last few weeks, my head is all over the place. I cant seem to settle myself back to WW at all. Like you, I really want to continue doing this, but I'm finding it difficult to shut the devil on that shoulder up at the moment. I've another 2 stone to lose, and I'd really love to see this out this time. I'm afraid that if I don't manage to get myself back in the game then all my good work will go out the window!

I've been struggling to get back on track properly as well. I've found that if I'm good at least 5 out of 7 days then I'm doing well. Until you get back in the right frame of mind try and be good as many days as possible. If you have a bad day then don't right off the rest of the day. Try and be good the next day and try and do as much exercise as possible. One thing spurring me on at the moment is that my clothes are starting to get a bit tight on me and I'm after spending a fortune on new clothes so I really don't want to put back on the weight.

Happy Birthday Eabhabear!! You're birthday only comes around oce a year so if you're up then you're up and dont worry. I'll be in the same boat as you next week so hoping for a good loss tonight to slightly balance it out! Not sure I'll get it though, still feeling bloated even though I know i was good!

Thanks! Sometimes I find that the bloating is only our imagination as we're nervous about WI. I know that sounds kind of stupid but you may be surprised at WI :)

Ya iv about 2 st 2lose aswel, since i started back 4 weeks ago im down 4lbs, which is gud essentially(avrg 1lb/week) but its worked out@ down .5, .5, down 1, down 3(but that was undeserved) im just not seeing the results and its making me put in less effort, but im into a new week now so om really really goin 2 try keep my ass on the line.... Any1 feel free 2 kick said ass if it deviated from the line!!!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Quote: Dani 86... from the MKII thread:
    had a bad enough weekend and wasnt all that great 2day either, head is only half in the game, going to a mornin WI 2morrow as im off, goin to walk there and bac (its just over an hour each way) im not lookin forward to it to say the least, im startin to get a bit bored again, not with WW but just in general and thats when im a danger to myself!! im off to florida in october and sooo badly want to be in a bikini over there, but something my head is messing with me, its likr the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other! i just need to prioritise myself and this WW journey for awhile and try to banish all these devilish negative thoughts!!lol
    i also need to plan more, i do well when i plan but its not always easy in my house because my mother doesnt do planning ahead and isnt as strict as i am when it comes to cooking!! must definatly tackle that issue and regain control of the kitchem!!
    FX for the morning!!!

Oh my god me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: i easily have another 2 stone to loose and iv been all over the place the last two weeks... not tracking and no exersize!! im really annoyed at myself because u really really want to do it this time!! Im back on track from this morning and im going to try do 30 day shred every day and weigh in next week!! its really hard and i dnt know why because i really want to loose the weight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Right folks! I'm back... had a great weekend in London town... lots and lots and lots of walking, and not a bad weekend food wise either. This is no harm, because as I mentioned in my post above, I've been a bit all over the place lately. I can't seem to motivate myself to get back into tracking and all the rest like I was before. I'll track most stuff, weigh out food for my meals etc, but then eat a couple of sneaky biscuits and pretend it didn't happen.

I skipped my WI last week, because I just couldn't face into it. I've gotten back into really bad habits lately, coming out of WI and eating everything in sight. I know if I'd gone last week I'd have been way up on the week before. I also know that that would have set me back, and made me say "feck it"!

I'm back to work in just over 4 weeks, and originally my goal had been to be 13st by then... then I readjusted it to be 13 st 7 (i.e 4 st gone). that was realistic until I had this major negative attitude overhaul. I was 14 st 2 at my last WI.

I'm not putting any timings on my mini goals from now. I'm just going to do what I can, and see how I get on. I'm going to share with you all firstly the story of my weight watchers journey, as I really enjoyed reading everyone elses last week, but didn't have time to write mine down, and secondly my mini-goals. I'm hoping this might help me to draw a line under the bad run I've had lately and really get back in the game now.

For anyone who wasn't around the thread last week, Eabhabear suggested we all share our weightloss stories to date!

So... I've always been a bit on the large side. Not fat, I've realised lately, but I would have been a fine strong child, teenager, young woman. When I finished third year of college, I joined WW for the first time with a couple of friends of mine. I'd have been 21 at the time, 7 whole years ago. I started out at 13 st 10- I'm 5'9", so I wasn't really that terribly large (I just checked there, my BMI would have been 28.4), but my god, I thought I was huge. I did really well that summer, got down to about 11st 13- I can still remember that my goal was 11st 10, but when I was going back to college, I decided to leave my meetings and go it alone, rather than finding myself a new meeting near college. After that, my weight crept up gradually. I can't remember the actual numbers. I've got no real reason to explain it... I've had my ups and downs just like the next person, but no major "excuse" as it were. Nothing to blame my weight gain on, other than an actual love of nice things. Not even fatty meals, takeaways etc, mainly chocolate, sweets, the odd bag of crisps. I've joined WW (and unislim aswell once) countless times since then. I've lived and worked in a good few different places since that point, and I actually think I joined WW in every single place... I have a mental index of WW leaders that's quite impressive. Always lost a few pounds, but always given up. I'd lose the pounds in quite an unhealthy way, never actually modifying my lifestyle that much... I'd eat smaller meals, but keep too many points for treats, all that jazz.
    Then last year I knew things were getting a bit ridiculous. I was at my heaviest, and I was not happy. When you're miserable in your own skin, you know it's time to do something. I'd remained quite active all the time (my job would require me to be on my feet all the time, and walking around a good bit during the day, and I'd always have been good to go out for walks etc), but my job also would keep me in a fairly good supply of the evil chocolate too. Noone ever mentioned it to me, but I'm sure ppl must have noticed the spread, esp my mam and my OH (who I met in 2009).
    So Jan 2011, I considered my options. I considered doing the whole motivation thing at that stage, but I just didn't have the money. I was due to go to Australia in May for a month with a friend, and I was dreading it. Lots of fat girl photographs. The trip of a lifetime, and I'd come home and put the photos in the back of a drawer and try to forget about them. To top it off, I had about a zillion weddings last year, and didn't want to be miserable for those too. So once again, I joined WW. I knew it was a bit late, and that I wasn't exactly going to reach goal in the space of about 12 weeks, but I said I'd give it my best none the less. So off I went, started on propoints, saw a bit of a loss, (I think I did about 4 weeks) and then bang -early March last year, found out I was pregnant. Not planned, but not bad news by any means. I think my last WI was about 16 st. So obviously weight loss went on hold (I still went to Oz, still have lots of photographs... at least I can call them pregnant photos and not fat photos though!!). I didn't gain crazy weight that year, and I always told myself that I'd be off to WW the first week of January, with my 2 month old baby in tow.
    And that's just what I did. I weighed in at 17st 7... not exactly a shock, but not something I was proud of. I did really well for the first while. It's been about 28 weeks, and I've lost 47lb, or 3 st 5lb. of course, that's minus whatever I'll be up when I WI in the morning... I'm expecting about 3 lb. In my current stint, I've missed 2 classes- one for a genuine reason, and one because I couldn't face it. I've been up twice. I'm doing too well to let this go this time... I really want that 50lb cert, and my next 2 stone, and 5 more silver sevens!

So that brings me to my mini goals
    1) lose 2 lb to get my next silver seven
    2) another 1 lb to get my 50 lb cert and into the 13's for the first time in many years
    3) another 3 after that to get to 13 st 10, where I was when I joined WW all those years ago.
    4) 3 lb after that to my fourth stone
    5) 7 lb after that to my ninth silver seven

and that's enough for anyone to be getting on with...
    This is the longest post I've ever written. Sorry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

I'm on day 2 of only 26 pp WOW is it tough, how does everyone else manage it?!

I wouldn't have thought that the extra 3pp would make that much of a difference but holy crap!

Eabhabear, I read your little intro a few pages back (on the old thread) and I love it our stories are v simillar. I started in Feb 2010 at 15 3 with a goal of 11 7. I hit a major plateau between 11 10 and 12 and was there for MONTHS. I eventually got to 11 8 and my leader had to adjust my goal up one for me because she said I clearly wasn't meant to be much smaller than that. Its so nice to hear simillar stories here because in my class I was one of the only girls with a long way to go from the start. It felt like everyone was getting to goal before me!

Weighed myself on Sunday and it transpires I've gained ten lbs, I'm horrified that I've let myself slip but I'm adamant I'm going to win again! :D

*goes off to forage for fruit in the office :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

ck83 just had to say I love your story too, I missed out on all the story sharing last week while I was eating! its so inspiring to read everyones stories there's really not enough of that in class so its great to have this forum for it

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Jwacqui wrote: »

That's great!! So glad you stuck with it. I reckon going down to the 26pp must have helped. You must have given the body a shock the last couple of weeks that it didn't wanna give up the pounds :) It always shows in the end if you've put the work in!

Down another pound!! Delighted with it. Have my birthday tomorrow so a couple of celebration nights that I have to contend with but gonna do my best with the planning and hopefully minimise the damage!

Well done on all the loses peeps!!! :)

Sooo i was my gp 2day and was telling him about how my weight is comming off vury slowly, now hormone issues are in my fam and im on the pill because of them, iv yet 2 b tested 4 and diagnosed with pcos but its almost probable i have it. So my doc has changed my pill and if im not happy with the weight loss in 3 months im to go back and hes going to possibly put me on this diabetic medication thats now being used for pcos people to help them shift the weight!! Im goin to really up the pace now, think i needed a bit of a professional kick to get me going again, so were going to hav to see what happens.

Had a scrummy lamb stirfry 4 dinner, with wholegrain straight to wok noodles i got in aldi 2day, 6pp for the individual pouch, but as their whilegrain do people think they may be free on F&H like wholegrain pasta and rice???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had my weigh in this evening and sts, was absolutely raging because I was really good all week, well most of it. Too all my temptation not to stop at shop any buy a load of rubbish :(. Anyway I'll keep at it, and hope for a better result next week..

m'lady wrote: »
    Had my weigh in this evening and sts, was absolutely raging because I was really good all week, well most of it. Too all my temptation not to stop at shop any buy a load of rubbish :(. Anyway I'll keep at it, and hope for a better result next week..

Definitely stick at it and make this week even better and you will be pleasantly shocked on the scales next week. I gained 1.5lb a few weeks ago when I was really good and went to the gym 4 times. Was so enraged that I ate all around me for the whole week and I STS the following week, when I should have been up. My loss would have shown if I had of stayed on track :o

Monife wrote: »

Definitely stick at it and make this week even better and you will be pleasantly shocked on the scales next week. I gained 1.5lb a few weeks ago when I was really good and went to the gym 4 times. Was so enraged that I ate all around me for the whole week and I STS the following week, when I should have been up. My loss would have shown if I had of stayed on track :o

Thanks Monife- I will definitely stick at it, just a bit disheartened but will stay on the saddle! How are u getting on this week?

Thanks Monife- I will definitely stick at it, just a bit disheartened but will stay on the saddle! How are u getting on this week?

Getting on good. Was down 1.5lb last week :) Have been to the gym twice so far this week. Been good with my food so hoping for another loss this week :)

So I just made the biggest pot of chickpea and bns stew for my lunches for the week. Whole pot is only 8pp and it will do at least 6 servings. So 2pp a serving to be safe for my lunches for the week will make sure I keep as many pp for birthday treats.

Good luck with the WIs everyone!!

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »

Getting on good. Was down 1.5lb last week :) Have been to the gym twice so far this week. Been good with my food so hoping for another loss this week :)

Well done, that's fantastic! I'm going to definitely start walking tomorrow, and plan my dinners. Breakfasts and lunches im fine with but dinners are a pain!

Advertisement